Nelly Furtado - '7'

kyliefever2002

5 hours ago, BadHabits said:

Nelly is not big enough to perform at the VMAs. Loose Nelly, 100%. There's no point performing at the VMAs unless she's got a huge song. 

There's plenty of legacy acts performing this year though like Lenny and LL. Nelly presented last year and went viral + she did Isle of MTV again this year so she has put in the work to deserve a performance slot. Plus the VMAs like to lean towards a more latin audience the past few years so if Nelly brings Bomba Estéreo it would track imo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dark Miracles

• GiulioLIFESTYLE

• SchmoodRing

• algrominsky

18 hours ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

That's what I hope!

A visual album and/or mini tour would be amazing

**** that no mini. Do a proper tour and give us another album in 2026. 

18 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

There's plenty of legacy acts performing this year though like Lenny and LL. Nelly presented last year and went viral + she did Isle of MTV again this year so she has put in the work to deserve a performance slot. Plus the VMAs like to lean towards a more latin audience the past few years so if Nelly brings Bomba Estéreo it would track imo.

They better bring her back to present then so that this natural beauty Queen can go viral again 

On 8/31/2024 at 4:00 PM, algrominsky said:

Definitely, although, I did feel like Love Bites lacked that extra layer of "oomph" so it kinda sounded like it's stuck on a loop, and I have a hard time replaying it, which sucks, cuz SG's a good friend. But I was able to fix the problem that I had with it, by reworking the stems.

Oh can you post your rework of the song? And yeah the song lowkey feels like an interlude. A bridge and a final chorus would've made it a 10

19 hours ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

She better announce today a new single (or double singles, if she is going with Honesty as that might be a bit too short) for next week :giraffe:

What do you mean by too short? She better add a feature to it for a remix. Imagine Dua on it

18 hours ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

That's what I hope!

A visual album and/or mini tour would be amazing

A joint tour with SG Lewis, Dom Dolla and Tove Lo kind of how Missy did with Ciara Busta and Timbo would be such a serve

8 hours ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

New interview for Wonderland Magazine

at the end of it she mentions that the deluxe is coming as she has so much more material

Apparently they were going to include less songs in the album, but Nevis convinced her to have 14 otherwise the fans would be disappointed (thanks little queen:clap3:

Who's Nevis because God bless her lol also yass at the deluxe. Here's to hoping that we don't have to wait another 7 years for an album. If she has another one or a b side ready to go give it to us! She should tack her Juanes collab and give us the Stay Up and the Banx And Ranx collab asap

13 hours ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

If the rumors of it being 2:17 are true it's a crime. This sounds like something that would play at a Winx Club rave and I love it. Get Dua on the remix Nelly!

HONESTY SOUNDS AMAZING!!!

3 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Oh can you post your rework of the song? And yeah the song lowkey feels like an interlude. A bridge and a final chorus would've made it a 10

What do you mean by too short? She better add a feature to it for a remix. Imagine Dua on it

A joint tour with SG Lewis, Dom Dolla and Tove Lo kind of how Missy did with Ciara Busta and Timbo would be such a serve

Who's Nevis because God bless her lol also yass at the deluxe. Here's to hoping that we don't have to wait another 7 years for an album. If she has another one or a b side ready to go give it to us! She should tack her Juanes collab and give us the Stay Up and the Banx And Ranx collab asap

If the rumors of it being 2:17 are true it's a crime. This sounds like something that would play at a Winx Club rave and I love it. Get Dua on the remix Nelly!

Nevis is her eldest daughter :smiley:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark Miracles said:

Nevis is her eldest daughter :smiley:

Please her. She seems to have lowkey curated her in the best direction possible for this album. Good for her. 

Also I've noticed fans refer to themselves as #Nelstars is that the fandom name

4 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Please her. She seems to have lowkey curated her in the best direction possible for this album. Good for her. 

Nevis' influence on this comeback can't be understated I think. She creative directed the Tiny Desk perf and considering that included Explode and the Get Ur Freak On remix, she knows what she's doing

4 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

Also I've noticed fans refer to themselves as #Nelstars is that the fandom name

Yeah it's a reference to the triphop group she started with in Toronto

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

Nevis' influence on this comeback can't be understated I think. She creative directed the Tiny Desk perf and considering that included Explode and the Get Ur Freak On remix, she knows what she's doing

Yeah it's a reference to the triphop group she started with in Toronto

That's so cute. Not her daughter being an A&R then most of the actual professionals. The talent is generic I see. Good for Nelly. So proud of her and it's nice knowing people that have already heard the new album have nothing but good things to say 😊 

Excited for the album. Can't wait any longer :cries:

15 days, its so close now :duca:

Slightly longer Ready For Myself snippet

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

Slightly longer Ready For Myself snippet

This sounds fantastic. In a perfect world this would've been a Loose 2.0 level of success but I'm more than perfectly fine with her being happy, healthy and glowing. As long as we get another album not in another 7 years, a deluxe edition and a world tour I'm more than fine. The album actually being good is such a big win in all metrics 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 2:29 AM, SchmoodRing said:

Now sure how to really post it here, but I sent you a private message.

Edited by algrominsky
  • Like 1

According to Nelly's last IG story, tonight she'll perform at Artists for Peace a new song with Charlotte Day Wilson - it has to be "All comes back" from 7, which features her

Yesss finally we get to hear one of the ballads off the album.

All Comes Back live performance at TIFF Artists For Peace with Charlotte Day Wilson

Edited by Dark Miracles
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

All Comes Back live performance at TIFF Artists For Peace with Charlotte Day Wilson

Come here to post this as well! Gosh this sounds so great and emotional :duca:

I really can't wait anymore for the album, we are so close yet so far

3 hours ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

Come here to post this as well! Gosh this sounds so great and emotional :duca:

I really can't wait anymore for the album, we are so close yet so far

1.5 weeks :duca:

19 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

1.5 weeks :duca:

It feels so surreal after waiting for 7 freaking years :chick3:

Finally a new picture on her This Is Spotify playlist

• Like 1

It's crazy to me that people on here say nellys not "big enough" to perform at the VMA's… is this not a pop culture forum?? Literally do your homework… how do you not know who Nelly Furtado is??? 😂😂😂

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.