Kylie Minogue - 'Tension (Special Edition)'

Popboi.

12 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

why not?

There is pretty much no rearrangement for the show, I don't see any point of doing that. :gaycat7: 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Popboi.

• PaloSanto

• Junlin

• Dante Silva

5 minutes ago, RhythmOfDisco said:

The one posted on SayHey is literally just a cropped version of her BST Hyde Park poster, which is making me believe it's fake.

I mean I know her team are lazy, but surely not…

That's what makes me think it's real :deadbanana4:

They had those cute cropped pixie cut wig shots and never used them. 

Just now, RhythmOfDisco said:

She does live albums for all her shows, why wouldn't Vegas get one? An Audience With just used all the Vegas arrangements anyway.

"An Audience with.." was professionally filmed and I don't believe she just casually agreed to do it as dog whistle, stocking filler seasonal promo without her team negotiating licensing rights

to the broadcast in return.

Admittedly, an hour long, U.K. TV special might not make much sense in an international context (to a U.S. audience) but I don't recall any audience member coming away from the Vegas Residency saying their date was filmed ?

The TV special would fill that same visual sweet spot that the lockdown live stream did on "Disco Guest List", because if this "Tension" repackage is going to follow in the footsteps of "Guest List", it's going to feel pretty piss poor in comparison without an equivalent disc of visual content that encapsulates the "Tension" era.

The track list could've been better of course but… it's impressive how much stuff is happening during every era of her: album release, tons of singles, collabs, remixes, performances.

All that in her 50's! Even way younger pop stars doesn't serve their fans like Kylie. It's not just 1 single, album release and goodbye.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bitchfit said:

It's a purple version of the main one apparently :deadbanana4:

truly i cant :rip:

She's following the exact same strategy as with DISCO huh, so we might as well wait for the repack being similar to the Guest List Edition and Vegas Live being the same as Infinite Disco.

Although I wonder if Voltaire being a brand new venue will allow the recording of one of their residencies, we will have to wait and see, I'm all in to buy it whatever thing it contains as long as the cover is different, if it's the same one I swear I won't buy it.

Edited by Romova99

I don't believe that expanded track-list is real. Initial Talk do '80s remixes and in my view "My Oh My" is not suited to that treatment.

Also, the sequencing flow is highly suspect. For example, it goes from mid tempo "Tension (Chromeo Remix)" to high tempo "Hold on to Now (Trans Wax Remix)", only to shift straight back down again to mid tempo on "Dance Alone (Ofenbach Remix)" ?

The track flow is amateurish, un-synced and makes zero sense, it screams "fan fiction" when you consider how the remixes that we do

have would sound in that running order.

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, CherryBay said:

spacer.png

Record companies tend not to mask the typeface under the color tint. They would bring the white of the writing out front so it was ultra white.

12 minutes ago, CherryBay said:

spacer.png

Looks like an edit of the background of her website (the Live section is the exact same shading of the Hyde Park poster pic).

Kinda doubting the 3CD is the tracklist, there's no way the CD is only $14 if so.

There are so many great outtakes from this album they could have polished and released but no... they have to pollute the tracklist with those mediocre collabs. :devil:  At least I don't feel as bad that those outtakes leaked if this tracklist ends up being true. I'm glad she's working on new album already (at least it seems she's working on it). I hope it won't be mismanaged as Tension was.

5 hours ago, CherryBay said:

spacer.png

Not this again :bibliahh:

I miss the DISCO era :rip:

what a terrible tracklist

the collab with tove was a disappointment as well, we need another really don't like you, not that generic my oh my :chick3:

IF that tracklist and album cover are real ... I won't be purchasing ::fish2: , but I will be streaming :-*

In all honestly, I may skip a physical version of this as I purchased the OG deluxe CD from her webstore and I only buy physicals as collectitble items and I guess I can mark 'Tension' as "bought", unless of course the reissue has a lot of goodies.

How many times is she going to re release this album ? 

1 hour ago, Yes, AND said:

How many times is she going to re release this album ? 

So far this will be the first. 

this is actually enjoyable when you compare it to Radical Optimism :clack:

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Well sorta kinda second, she did the extended mixes :khalyan:

29 minutes ago, Popboi. said:

Well sorta kinda second, she did the extended mixes :khalyan:

and this :khalyan2:

That tracklist is... questionable but if the Voltaire show is included on DVD/BluRay it'll make the purchase worth it for me even though I was planning on skipping a physical copy of this :redface:

38 minutes ago, Junlin said:

this is actually enjoyable when you compare it to Radical Optimism :clack:

at least she was smart enough to include the original versions so that the streams are combined for the charts, I'm shocked Dua's team didnt :redface:

Why is there only one photo for this damn album :rip: 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Theres already a million variants and an extended version. 

6 hours ago, PaloSanto said:

That tracklist is... questionable but if the Voltaire show is included on DVD/BluRay it'll make the purchase worth it for me even though I was planning on skipping a physical copy of this :redface:

at least she was smart enough to include the original versions so that the streams are combined for the charts, I'm shocked Dua's team didnt :redface:

They will count anyway. 

New video incoming too.

• Like 3

I wonder if this is really coming on August. Most of her sales come for pure sales and physicals which is why she put things to pre-order with months in advance.

And while I am not a fan of the leaked tracklist I hope we get Running :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.