Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

4 minutes ago, Tropical said:

Sadly I agree. Her next song could be the best song of all time but the narrative is set - this is her third flop era, therefore she's over, therefore she's the worst flop ever, therefore tired thinkpieces etc. I hope this doesn't put her off.

It must be pretty miserable to literally spend time making pop songs people might enjoy and to be me with vitriol. 

it's all about you tbh, do you enjoy the music ? yes ? well that's enough for you to enjoy the album and the era even if she's not having success…

if you're not liking the music, fair, comeback once the next project will be released. It's that easy :heart2:

cause let's be honest she would've faced all this hate even without Luke so you better bop to her music :celestial:

• Like 5

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

20 minutes ago, KK_Lover said:

it's all about you tbh, do you enjoy the music ? yes ? well that's enough for you to enjoy the album and the era even if she's not having success…

if you're not liking the music, fair, comeback once the next project will be released. It's that easy :heart2:

cause let's be honest she would've faced all this hate even without Luke so you better bop to her music :celestial:

I do like the music! I thought "women's world" is catchy and fun, as is "lifetimes." They're both fun songs and I'm loving the visuals this era.

I dont think I've ever seen such an inoffensive roll-out be treated with such disdain. It's simply unnecessary :skull:

Same with Camila Cabello's new album, it's literally cute 

You remind me of someone I haven't seen in a while on here =D 

• Like 3

People might be too young, or simply don't remember, but Christina during Bionic had it 10 times more difficult than Katy right now. Literally everyone was against her, including traditional and respected media. 

Lifetimes is honestly not that bad but I get what people mean when they say it's basic. It's faceless and it's baffling for someone like Katy who used to have such a trademark quality to her. Both this one and Woman's World sound like they could be released by any basic girl on a Europop/dance compilation in the mid 00s. 

• Like 2

Kim Petras is on this album so it's means it's going to be good album. I'm ready for more bops

ezgif-2-8d1724de9e.thumb.gif.330136e8893

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

On 7/18/2024 at 1:33 AM, skwonderfactory said:

Ssoooo can she just reveal the track list already? She has officially confirmed most of the titles anyway:

• "All the Love"
• "Artificial"
• "Crush"
• "Gimme Gimme" featuring 21 Savage

• "Gorgeous" featuring Kim Petras

• "I'm His He's Mine" featuring Doechii

• "Lifetime" / "Lifetimes"

• "Nirvana"

• "Woman's World"

In the Denon earbuds promotional video, "Okay" and "Wonder" were also teased, which would bring the total to 11 tracks a.k.a. the number of songs on the standard edition.

Here are the additional song titles from that initial track list/phone leak:

• "Artificial (Swamp Version)" featuring Doechii

• "Doom"

• "Sexual" featuring Kim Petras

• "Truth"

• "Waves" featuring J.I.D

As if now, there's only bonus tracks announced (the Target and D2C Deluxe Vinyl exclusive ones). Personally, if I had to choose two of these songs to hear—assuming they are all real—I am most interested about "Truth" and "Waves". What about you guys?

The l**ked snippet of "Truth" sounded pretty amazing to be honest. "Artificial" is still my favorite one, even if it was only like 10 seconds.

Are the additional songs real?

On 8/12/2024 at 4:44 AM, KK_Lover said:

cause let's be honest she would've faced all this hate even without Luke so you better bop to her music 

I truly believe this is not the case. If the music was still as terrible as it sounds, then yea for sure. But she had hype for basically the whole year now. Serving looks, her past songs going viral, her somewhat getting gen z on board bc of tik tok. She wasn't getting hate. People were hyped for her stuff. But she really ****** up. Both with the awful music and the Dr Luke involvement. 

but everything else you said is fair. good for whoever still enjoys her music. I'm sure there'll be 1 or 2 songs we haven't heard snippets of that'll be better than what we've heard. 

• Like 1

I was personally rooting for Katy because she has that cringe camp quality to her that was always fun but her working with Luke is off-putting to a lot of people. I do think outside of working with Luke she's been harmlesss and inoffensive but I would have liked some sort of growth or progression from her in the last 8 or so years instead of serving Woman's World & Lifetimes... Katy's not even fun to punch down imo it's not like she's going to stop releasing plastic synthetic Pop tunes. 

These track lengths :skull: :skull:

1. "WOMAN'S WORLD" — 2:43

2. "GIMME GIMME" featuring 21 Savage — 2:54

3. "GORGEOUS" featuring Kim Petras — 2:32

4. "I'M HIS, HE'S MINE" featuring Doechii — 2:24

5. "CRUSH" — 2:49

6. "LIFETIMES" — 3:12

7. "ALL THE LOVE" — 3:21

8. "NIRVANA" — 3:02

9. "ARTIFICIAL" featuring JID — 2:39

10. "TRUTH" — 2:48

11. "WONDER" — 2:40

5 minutes shorter than Smile with one less track :rip:

BYE GIRL!!!! :redface:

Edited by skwonderfactory
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

she is not serious with these track lengths :deadbanana:

Katy sis we need proper verses, choruses, bridges :deadbanana2:

Some of her best/most memorable musical moments were bridges :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skwonderfactory said:

What is her problem?

I'm so curious to see the credits

These short ass songs :rip:

it's cursed, girl.

two and a half minute songs :toofunny2: sorry but did she really expect to smash again by doing the bare minimum? it's like she shot the visuals for the album first and stopped caring :rip:

The streaming era literally ruined it... I think Katy or her team tought to make short songs (I mean fortunately we have four songs longer than three minute or three minute anyway) to adapt for the streaming era or get more streams daily, but it doesn't make sense since Katy's songs with many streams are longer than that... 

11 tracks? Sounds like an incoming deluxe to me. I doubt she will only release eleven new songs this era.

• Like 1

We're not going to get a single bridge on this album, are we? 

she needs to rush release Nirvana already

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Schami66 said:

11 tracks? Sounds like an incoming deluxe to me. I doubt she will only release eleven new songs this era.

Yes, there will be a few songs in the deluxe too

33 minutes ago, Burqa said:

she needs to rush release Nirvana already

Didn't we say the same thing about Lifetimes?

30 minutes ago, oneoftheboys said:

Yes, there will be a few songs in the deluxe too

When was the deluxe confirmed? If ever?

12 minutes ago, psychodiva336 said:

When was the deluxe confirmed? If ever?

Confirmed by an insider here but also from Katy Perry Brazil page (with the song No More Tears For New Years)

• Like 2

I'm mad if the deluxe is only one or two new tracks:dies:  Other than that I'm happy Nirvana is over 3min. 

Is the deluxe confirmed or do they reference the target version as a "deluxe" since it has a new bonus song? And was there another bonus version or do I remember incorrectly?

On 8/11/2024 at 1:21 PM, halcyonday said:

in another life 143 is a party album created by Katy with her previous collaborators Alesso, Zedd, Calvin Harris, Timbaland, with the productions from Max Martin, Ilya and Cirkut, and songwriting support from Bonnie McKee and Henry Walter :monkey: 

Anything she would won't change anything because simple truth is that Katy Perry is 2010 star and people are just seeing her as nostalgia act. All excuses that people are saying to her that her music is blant are not new. They were already saying that during her prime time but pop in general was in prime time with her. If she really want to become liked by GP again she should just be back at Idol, back to residency and be succesful rich mother with rich music libary just like she was before 143. During that time people were nice to her. It's not like I'm forcing people to like her I get it that people don't like her new music but everything is just overreacting at this point. It's sad to say this because usually promo time is the best time in era but best time of this album is going to be when promo is done and everything what is going to be it's just us with her music again. And then GP twitter etc. is going to find another punching bag like JLO and Katy before but that is another topic and I already wrote wall of text

• Like 1

21 hours ago, skwonderfactory said:

2:30 mins or less is carzy esp with a collab... She will be barely singing... 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.