Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

I got 3 signed CDs for me and my girls!

so happy! 

LIFETIMES is a BAWP (just like WW :mandown:)

• Like 2

• Replies
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

9 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

So Chris Brown out? We have to celebrate :suburban:

he was never in :bibliahh:

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

how are we going from World War to the sexy bop with 21 savage :bibliahh: she's so unserious

she did say that ww is supposed to be the "bridge" to this new era, so i guess that's the explanation here... whatever it means :gaycat:

• Haha 1

I love Katy but I've never seen a more generic tracklist before, title wise. She did not give a f*** 😂 None of the song titles are intriguing. It all sounds so lazy!

24 minutes ago, Katygato said:

I love good news I love good news but where did she spill all this?!

3 minutes ago, every1blinks said:

I love good news I love good news but where did she spill all this?!

stationhead

• Like 1

I love some Katy and I've been rooting for her return and this era but damn give us something to cheer for! I remember those rumors of her doing dark pop and going to Sweden or Europe to work in dancey tracks and then she comes out with WW and LT?

WW was ok but felt like lazy and the lyrics are generic but ok maybe it was a song with a message but then LF is just that phrase over and over with barely any production or thought, this is the best she could write for her daughter? It feels repetitive and lazy, and that's 2/2 mid songs from Dr. Luke so maybe she shouldn't have done so many song with him, and not because of the legal things, but because he's a one trick pony, she should have worked with Max Martin or Ilya (who did Eternal Sunshine) or with The weekend producers or something, there's no growth and this sounds like PRISM (shein's version).

There's no layers to the song, richness in the production or lyrics and feels like it was done rushed I honestly can't believe that she took 4 years to comeback with this, Witness at least tried to do something different, Smile was a mixed bag of demos and droplets and this is a U turn to replicate that early 10s sound, like Talk that Talk or Animal, Artpop and Femme Fatale.

I thought that Radical Optimism was kinda bland because the lyrics are dumb but at least Houdini, Illusion or TS have interesting videos and the beats are good, but these two so far are somehow more undercooked, she will get review bombed with the scores and charts this era I fear for her sanity.

Not Katy already teasing another song :dies:

• Like 1

It's brave to think that from the snippets the Doechii and Kim's feats sound awful girl that's already 9/11 (8/11 if I include WW aka the worst song ever)

do we have the writing credits from the album yet? I'm dying to know what song(s) Max Martin worked on

No More Tears For New Years is the song i've always claimed, since day 0

Edited by sam.teas
  • Like 4

Since the release and flop of WW, I've always believed that Gimme, Gimme would be the official second single of the era. Her defending the song during an interview has kind of confirmed my thoughts.

21 Savage is big in the US, it's the second song on the tracklist, and insiders previously mentioned she had a second music video shot.

Lifetimes is clearing up her image a little, but now they should avoid releasing the overly sexual songs (like I'm His and the Kim feature). Since she mentioned that there will be a third song before the album, I would choose something safe. since they seem to be making stupid decisions, they'll probably release I'm His with that corny, stupid video.

Tbh they have to preserve Gimme, Gimme for album release and secure straight ass streams for album sales!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, justlore said:

Since the release and flop of WW, I've always believed that Gimme, Gimme would be the official second single of the era. Her defending the song during an interview has kind of confirmed my thoughts.

21 Savage is big in the US, it's the second song on the tracklist, and insiders previously mentioned she had a second music video shot.

Lifetimes is clearing up her image a little, but now they should avoid releasing the overly sexual songs (like I'm His and the Kim feature). Since she mentioned that there will be a third song before the album, I would choose something safe. since they seem to be making stupid decisions, they'll probably release I'm His with that corny, stupid video.

Tbh they have to preserve Gimme, Gimme for album release and secure straight ass streams for album sales!

I'd go with Nirvana :jonny6: 

• Like 1

By the way, the structure of the tracklist, in my opinion, perfect. The progression from a track to the other will find its own meaning, specially lyrically speaking. The run GIMME GIMME (21 SAVAGE) - GORGEOUS (KIM PETRAS) - I'M HIS HE'S MINE (DOECHII) and CRUSH will be amazing! :clap3: The power of love and feelings is unmatched and maximised. 

Spoiler

Gimme gimme baby, stop wasting my time

Kitty kitty wanna come party tonight

:kitty:

We comin' out tonight

Grab your man hold him tight

:gaycat2:

I'm his queen

I'm his freak 

I'm every woman he wants and needs

I'm his dream

I'm his drug

I'm every woman he wants, so what

:gaycat1:

Is it a crush

Making me blush :foxaylove2:

• Like 2

lowkey excited for this album after hearing the snippet to "GORGEOUS" and "LIFETIMES"

• Like 4

I hope there will be a really really great song, career highlight level of great, somewhere hidden in the album (preferably produced by Max Martin). All this struggle she's going through has to be worth something and it'd be a shame if the era's only spot on choice was a stunning photoshoot.

• Like 3

if there are still signed editions available on her site.... 

don't know if this was already posted but:

She really has all the resources to make a really great dance album playing on nostalgia, full of emotion, catchy hooks, belting and other amazing vocal moments but instead everything indicates that what we will get will be the most basic, generic dance pop album imaginable, with half-baked songs and lyrics that could have been written by a 13-year-old. Dr. Luke when I catch you... :angry:

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, manuelalex9810 said:

she literally sID THIS IN HER FIRST INTERVIEW WHEN WOMAN WORLD DROPPED. THAT SHE PLANNED ON RELEASING 3 SONGS BEFORE THE ALBUM

9 hours ago, justlore said:

Didn't someone here confirm the next music video is for Im His He's Mine? Yeah it's over if true. 

16 hours ago, Katygato said:

"No Tears For New Years" instantly reminded me of "No Time For Tears" by Nathan Dawe and Little Mix for some reason.

"Artificial" is my most anticipated song!! The l**ked snippet has been stuck in my head:

You got me hooked on your algorithm

Are you real or artificial?

:katie2:

15 hours ago, manuelalex9810 said:

Yep, three before the album's release on September 20th is perfectly fine by me. That leaves nine songs on the standard edition and eleven total including the bonus track(s) from the deluxe vinyl and Target Exclusive edition!

7 hours ago, sam.teas said:

By the way, the structure of the tracklist, in my opinion, perfect. The progression from a track to the other will find its own meaning, specially lyrically speaking. The run GIMME GIMME (21 SAVAGE) - GORGEOUS (KIM PETRAS) - I'M HIS HE'S MINE (DOECHII) and CRUSH will be amazing! :clap3: The power of love and feelings is unmatched and maximised. 

Reveal hidden contents

Gimme gimme baby, stop wasting my time

Kitty kitty wanna come party tonight

:kitty:

We comin' out tonight

Grab your man hold him tight

:gaycat2:

I'm his queen

I'm his freak 

I'm every woman he wants and needs

I'm his dream

I'm his drug

I'm every woman he wants, so what

:gaycat1:

Is it a crush

Making me blush :foxaylove2:

I didn't know we had any lyrics for "Crush"! Are these confirmed? If so, what's the source please?

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.