• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• Kayzan

3 minutes ago, Burqa said:

you hoes better vote for gorgeous and nirvana instead of lifetime :rip: 

No, Katy TANKED so the pressure to chase success is officially off. We want the bops.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Itz_Dani! said:

Yep, with an actual budgeted sexy non cringy (or maybe a bit cringy but not cringe overload) video, and it would've been a cute Top 10. 

Reminder that months later Maroon 5 released a similar sounding song (like basically the same song with some minor changes) and it was a hit for them.

TIHWD actually has a better video but unfortunately the damage was done from Birthdays MV and the song itself is so bad that the video couldn't salvage it.

The fact that Birthday's lyric video has over 300 million views is hilarious and proof that it was the hit that got away. It still went top 10 on pop songs, top 20 on the Hot 100, top 10 in multiple countries and has multiple certifications. For a 4th single, that's great. We would kill for her lead to get that level of success. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Joyride said:

I'm just happy she's back tbh, the hate triain :biblio:

Yes girl. :clap3:

Birthday is an actual great song. Some of the best verses of her career and it was perfect for radio/summer. Like it's delightfully groovy and sweet without being too cheesy. Plus Bonnie was a co-writer. 

It's just a huge shame that the video killed it. Like it's so bad. 

I'm still shocked she hasn't wiped the MV off the internet ngl. 

Edited by 4Walls

I'm thinking clearer today, it's obvious the whole era will tank and get panned, so I just hope she has some bops left on the album 

Her ''hate train'' will never end :/ 

Hope there's a semi-hit on the album.

• Like 4

She better hope nirvana is one of those poll options 

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Okay let us know who are the producers

• Haha 5

The Twitter poll reminds of Dark Horse vs Walking on Air. Look how well that went. 

katy perry GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burqa said:

NO.

everyone create X accounts and vote LIFETIME to save the era. Please for the love of God 

• Like 2

someone should create a thread with the single poll here, I unfortunately don't have the ability to yet

1 hour ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

I'm thinking clearer today, it's obvious the whole era will tank and get panned, so I just hope she has some bops left on the album 

This is where I'm at :dies:

• Like 1

the next single should be gimme gimme or I'm his his mine if she wants some success...im his his mine aims for Tik Tok apparently

• Like 1

:suburban:will the radio carry WW on Hot100 or another bubbling under is coming:suburban:

2 hours ago, OrgVisual said:

Still can't please can't believe she made a poll and went with Unconditionally and Dark Horse, instead of Dark Horse and Walking On Air.

1. Roar

2. Dark Horse

3. Walking On Air

4. Legendary Lovers

5. Birthday

6. TIHWD

Full House

2 hours ago, OrgVisual said:

right. we need a non luke track for the next single

we need to vote for lifetimes. atp nothing from this era will do well on the charts so the ideal next step is to release something that will minimize the hatetrain or at the very least, not worsen it LMAO

i'm his, he's mine: was already getting dragged for sounding like a kim petras reject on twitter

gorgeous: features kim petras herself which everyone already associates with luke so no 

gimme gimme: she will get dragged for trying to emulate a dark horse 2.0, called dated for doing pop-trap and get mocked for the centipede lyric

therefore lifetimes and nirvana are the two better options for the next release and since she's getting criticized for sexualizing herself too much, i think lifetimes would be a better choice since it's a song dedicated to daisy that doesn't sound corny in content 

Edited by georgechxng
  • Like 6

Gimme Gimme sounds fresh compared to the other two dated messes 

37 minutes ago, BadHabits said:

Still can't please can't believe she made a poll and went with Unconditionally and Dark Horse, instead of Dark Horse and Walking On Air.

1. Roar

2. Dark Horse

3. Walking On Air

4. Legendary Lovers

5. Birthday

6. TIHWD

Full House

she's obsessed with John Mayer's d-word at that time:deadbanana4:

• Haha 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Burqa said:

I agree. The production sounds good on Lifetime(s?) But her vocals are much better in Gorgeous and Nirvana :jamming:

I'm obsessed with the dark pop fantasy vibes of gimme gimme. It's powerful and alluring. It sounds the most 'Katy' to me and its message is interesting.

But it's dated. Time capsule vibes... You can IMMEDIATELY place its sound in 2014-2017. It's like early 2010s pop princess. And the video has to be made luxe and creative or it'll be 👎

I hope they have enough common sense to at least pick up Lifetime for the next single, otherwise it seems people will have a collective panic attack. I think it's the safest choice like the song is good, it sounds like her, the lyrics are ok the melody is great, it's really not my fav but it's the better choice here

I only worry that it'll have a When I'm Gone run on the charts though.

Remember when everyone thought Katy was going to have a song that sounded like Espresso on the album?

Anyways, I'm headed towards Gimme Gimme; it is stuck in my head, and 21 Savage's part is catchy. No one wants dancy house songs in 2024.

• Like 2

Gimme Gimme gets stuck in my head the most too but all of these snippets have kind of been trading places in my head :deadbanana: I have a love/hate relationship with 21's verse it's dumb but in a good way

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.