Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

Katy was trying to emulate roar/firework with WW but she failed to notice that her recent viral songs were just simple, well made pop tracks such as TD/HIH. Her team is stupid as hell for not interfering.

• Like 7

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• Kayzan

Lifetimes SOTY

I hope the rest of the singles get the budget WW did for it's music video... Smile had cute songs but the music videos were so low budget for her standards. I know the pandemic/pregnancy and birth. 

15 minutes ago, ALA said:

Wonder who it was that decided to push WW. From the snippets it sounds like any other song would have done better :rip:

Trust me, knowing Katy it was probably herself. 

Most of her questionable moves, singles and/or videos were all on her:

The Birthday MV (idk what she was thinking), This Is How We Do as a single (:rip:), her allegedly not wanting to release what ended up being her biggest single Dark Horse , the label & her team forced her to, she wanted to release Unconditionally (which she did first but look how that turned out, not a bad song but probs not the right single for the time) and go straight to Birthday (which…again not really a bad song but it wasn't going to be as big of a hit as DH, especially not with what she released as its video). 

And let's not forget many of her antics & choices during the Witness era. Idk how her team didn't stop her. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, oli more said:

Katy was trying to emulate roar/firework with WW but she failed to notice that her recent viral songs were just simple, well made pop tracks such as TD/HIH. Her team is stupid as hell for not interfering.

And it doesn't even seem to represent the album at all.. not sonically or thematically. There's no way in hell they listened to WW and thought "yup, this is obviously our lead single". :biblio:
People wanted something fun and mindless from her, she gave the exact opposite. Truly and utterly out of touch, all of them. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rihlord said:

She would've been better of re-releasing Cry About It Later with a banger video as the lead. Cuz this is… 

:rip:

that or teary eyes :deadbanana2:

2 minutes ago, thismoment said:

And it doesn't even seem to represent the album at all.. not sonically or thematically. There's no way in hell they listened to WW and thought "yup, this is obviously our lead single". :biblio:
People wanted something fun and mindless from her, she gave the exact opposite. Truly and utterly out of touch, all of them. 

exaclty! hopefully they wake up and go all in for next single. Lifetimes or Gimme Gimme should do the cut.

An I the only one that prefers the demo version? It has more character and prefer the chorus' more mellow melody –AI demo or not

Edited by Verandi
  • Like 1

Her team doesn't stop her because they can't. She is more than established, she can stop releasing music and stay with her daughter if she so wishes. 

She had one of the best contracts in the industry, that's why she started releasing what she wanted instead of what we and/or her team wanted. And that was before her fat checks from Idol. 

Like, some ask for save me some tonight and she doesn't care. Nor about LL, WOA, Roulette, CAIL or Tucked. It's what she wants, that's it! 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Verandi said:

An I the only one that prefers the demo version? It has more character and prefer the chorus' more mellow melody –AI demo or not

I heard two demo versions and they were better to me. One was ear pain (only because of the quality of the recording, the song itself underneath all the noise was actually really good) and never leaked in HQ but it got stuck in my head first listen, super super different. The other was the electric guitar bridge Kim Petras-y barbie demo, which I also liked and I play it all the time. But I'm not going to enter all of that discussion again because it led to a (rightful) thread permaban in WW thread for me 

Edited by aotwbys

2 minutes ago, DaniDani said:

Her team doesn't stop her because they can't. She is more than established, she can stop releasing music and stay with her daughter if she so wishes. 

She had one of the best contracts in the industry, that's why she started releasing what she wanted instead of what we and/or her team wanted. And that was before her fat checks from Idol. 

Like, some ask for save me some tonight and she doesn't care. Nor about LL, WOA, Roulette, CAIL or Tucked. It's what she wants, that's it! 

You're 100% right. It's also why she spent so much time promoting Unconditionally and not other songs. She loved that song. It meant a lot to her. And I respect that in her. 

To be fair, even in OOTB and Teenage Dream we have tracks everyone wanted to be singles. If You Can Afford Me, One of the Boys (song), and Hummingbird Heartbeat.

• Like 1

Wait I'm confused. I thought it was her team that pushed WW as the lead single even though she was against it? I'm hearing conflicting things here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, oli more said:

She didn't want WW as the lead. Her team did.

7 minutes ago, 4Walls said:

Wait I'm confused. I thought it was her team that pushed WW as the lead single even though she was against it? I'm hearing conflicting things here. 

2 minutes ago, Sexyzinger said:

Where did we hear this from?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sexyzinger said:

she needs to fire her whole team then lol :rofl:

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Itz_Dani! said:

This Is How We Do as a single (:rip:)

actually not even a bad thing, she just shouldn't have released birthday as a single let alone include it on the album. Legendary lovers and Walking on air and then TIHWD was a perfect way to end the album but she just HAD TO release a goofy video :nicole:

24 minutes ago, oli more said:

she needs to fire her whole team then lol :rofl:

Should she leave Capitol? LOL 

Edited by Ramcoro

25 minutes ago, MerveAksak said:

actually not even a bad thing, she just shouldn't have released birthday as a single let alone include it on the album. Legendary lovers and Walking on air and then TIHWD was a perfect way to end the album but she just HAD TO release a goofy video :nicole:

Woah woah do not slander Birthday like that. The only problem was the music video, but it still became a cute little hit. 

4 minutes ago, Ramcoro said:

Should she leave Capitol? LOL 

Nobody would invest a cent in her, she is just the new JLo

2 hours ago, thismoment said:

spacer.png

Bestie I feel you so bad

• Like 1

Just now, Ramcoro said:

Woah woah do not slander Birthday like that. The only problem was the music video, but it still became a cute little hit. 

Uhmmm... birthday would be cute as a standalone song. but as the 3rd track on her "MatUre" album it's totally a miss. Songs like these is literally why she will never be considered as a serious artist. 

• Like 1

this is a full era!

• Like 1

They're trying to recreate Teenage Dream with the almost naked full body album cover, big black hair back, colorful visuals, goofy and sexy persona. But the GP see her as only a throwback to that era

3 minutes ago, MerveAksak said:

Uhmmm... birthday would be cute as a standalone song. but as the 3rd track on her "MatUre" album it's totally a miss. Songs like these is literally why she will never be considered as a serious artist. 

Why do we care if "critics" are pretentious? It's a good song, and adults can be happy too. Hell as a 30-year-old man, I feel like it's more okay to be joyful now than I did when I was an angsty 17 year old. Have you seen the Barbie movie? That was the whole point. The mom wanted to play with barbies but her teenage daughter was "too old." Did you go to Katy's Play concert? I don't know about all her shows, but when I went to the last show she gave a speech where she thanked her daughter that she taught her to smile and play again and enjoy life. It was very sweet, heartfelt, and felt very authentic. :cries:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, opticalillusion said:

this is a full era!

I'm so hyped if she is going to put in the WORK like she did for WW. :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.