Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

This is from Dr. Luke's Instagram where he seems to be showing an early blueprint of a song :

https://www.instagram.com/thedoctorluke/reel/CGG2ijXHlbZ/?hl=en

In the video it sounds like an early version of "Gimme Gimme." 

The video version has a slower tempo, and a different synth preset, but the MIDI of the synth and hi-hats seem the same as the snippet Katy showed on IG. Anyone else hearing the same? Or am i tripping?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• Tistotal

47 minutes ago, Junipero said:

This is from Dr. Luke's Instagram where he seems to be showing an early blueprint of a song :

The video version has a slower tempo, and a different synth preset, but the MIDI of the synth and hi-hats seem the same as the snippet Katy showed on IG. Anyone else hearing the same? Or am i tripping?

God I'm not Charlie Puth I don't have an ear for this :deadbanana2:

I hear it kind of but I can't tell. it may be for one of the rappers he produces for

Edit: Ok hold on, I think you're actually onto something

I changed some tempo stuff in garageband (LMAOO) to fit on each other and it actually kind of fits :lakitu:

Edited by aotwbys

The main problem with WW is that it says nothing and goes nowhere. It's just kinda...there. It's a hook without any substance.

I have heard from a friend of a source that the album is a pop masterpiece, so here's hoping this is just a flop lead.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Junipero said:

That's from 4 years ago???

Lifetimes has forced me to pre-order the deluxe vinyl. Come on Katy :WAP:

• Like 3

can you put all the snippets on the first page? please 

snippets

• Like 1

i loveeee all the snippets so i'm sure the album will deliver (as always), and she's never been a critics darling anyway and has always been panned since OOTB era so it's nothing new

Lifetimes > I'm His, He's Mine > Gimme Gimme > Gorgeous > Nirvana

also i wish Gorgeous featured Doja Cat instead of Kim, cause it's giving Need To Know and some Planet Her vibes

• Like 3

6 hours ago, wehan6 said:

i think if she releases one of the trap/pop songs people will drag her for trying to sound like ariana circa 2018

they need to release one of the europop songs and push it hard

but she did trap-pop before almost every other pop girl 

:clack:

The way these songs sound better than WW.

Gimme gimme is a smash already.

Nirvana could be her best song since NRO.

Gorg has a powerful production.

Lifetime sounds like a skip tbh.

Lifetime sounds like Walking On Air's hotter cousin

I'm His, He's Mine is a mindless fun bop

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BlueBlue said:

Lemme remind you that Harleys in hawaii with summer vibe one of her best songs literally BOMBED on charts and Luke was nowhere to be found. Even tiktok hype doesn't helped this song

It bombed on the charts because it went unnoticed when it was released. When people actually got to know it, it was too late for it to chart, and that's why the song has great streams. It ended up becoming a hit. Katy had all the attention now. The only thing she needed was a good song. But then she decided to use the attention she got to announce that Luke is her collaborator. Dumb b. 

• Thanks 5

Cause when the fire's at at feet again 

and the vultures all start circling 

they're whispering "you're out of time"

but still I rise. 

This is no mistake, no accident 

When you think the final nail is in, think again 

Don't be surprised, I will still RISE 

:jonny5::jonny5::jonny5:

• Like 5

18 hours ago, ainadalkaz said:

the thought process behind choosing ww as the lead single is mind-boggling to me... like i really want to know why :dies:

WW would've been a fan favorite and a great album opener. 

Them releasing it as a lead single kind of means she'll only get a hit if a random song accidentally pops off somewhere (aka another HIH). 

1 hour ago, Katy V.! said:

WW would've been a fan favorite and a great album opener. 

Them releasing it as a lead single kind of means she'll only get a hit if a random song accidentally pops off somewhere (aka another HIH). 

TBH I also think if she released WW earlier it would make sense, like she said in the Apple Music interview it has this uplifting and cheeky message she became known for after Firework and Roar but really this is 2024, it clearly didn't work with Daisies, they should've changed the strategy, at least not making it a lead

They were probably counting on the controversy to get those streams but all it did was giving reason for people who were always just waiting to trash her.

Edited by gui

She has to release Lifetimes asap, it's her best shot

• Like 3

Do you think they will push this on radio? I don't think they will rush release anything but I wish they would at least release some songs to build hype like they did with Teenage Dream. Maybe it wouldn't necessarily build hype but at least we would have other stuff to focus on

It would be cool if we get to vote on the next single lime we did for WOA vs Dark Horse (well we just voted on promo single but still) :duca:

• Like 1

I wanna buy the physical to be part of history as the biggest flop of her career. 

• Thanks 2

they better release another song quick but releasing gimme gimme would be a desperate attempt to get the GPs attention and she can't rely on them anymore. imo she should try to rebuild a loyal gay fanbase with nirvana

• Like 1

what does 143 stand for? 

someone elaborate please 

It's shorthand for "I love you"

It's the number of letters in each word.

I (1 letter)

love (4 letters)

you (3 letters)

Pagers/AOL whatever are before my time but I think it was used on something like that to save time writing "i love you." Now we have 'ily' and not '143'

I'm just so happy that she's miserable rn and Kesha is laughing somewhere. God is real

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 9

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.