Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

The worst rated album on Metacritic since 2011? :gaycat5: And there was people getting hate on this thread for saying it was going to flop HARD. People are past the days of generic soulless music, and here it is showing. 

• Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• thismoment

• Tistotal

On 9/20/2024 at 11:39 AM, moech said:

yeah i get that . but the reviews are bad so far .

what's your fav songs of 143?

Lifetimes, Gorgeous, Crush and All The Love. What about you?

I just listened with open mind and ears and well, it really is THAT bad. Like 35 on MC bad.

Why is this suddenly being referred to as her 7th album? I've seen it in reviews and even Zane Lowe or whatever his name is called it her 7th too. I vividly remember KP6 being the placeholder title when she started teasing the album a few months ago.

just realized kim petras is the first white artist to be featured on a katy perry album...

Just listened to the full thing. It's not bad but it's definitely a bit uninspired. Most of these songs feel like half completed ideas. The run from IHHM to Nirvana was really good, Gorgeous and Woman's World are definitely the worst things here. Not sure how I'm feeling about Artificial and Truth yet, they'll need a few more listens before I can say whether I like them or not. 

The true stand out here is Wonder. What an amazing, heartfelt song! It actually feels like some time, effort, and thought was put into it. It's the definition of crying on the dancefloor, and it's the one track on the album that feels like it has fully fleshed out production. Katy really should've enlisted Stargate to produce more tracks on the album. 

Overall I'd say it's an okay album. It isn't as offensively bad as Witness but it doesn't reach the highs of Smile either, and it comes nowhere close to the music she was releasing during her heyday. Overall I think my ranking is:

TD > Prism > OOTB > Smile > 143 > Witness

EDIT: Oof just listened to the deluxe tracks. It's giving Sesame Street :skull: She made the right choice making these bonus tracks but honestly they could've just stayed in the vault. 

Edited by BraveNewSeth
  • Thanks 1

I've been getting my life from this album, the visual serves and the Rio concert since Thursday night.

Just dancing, jumping and being happy :heart: :celestial4:

I'm not going to bother with all the negativity. Enjoy life while you can yall :wink:

• Like 2

She knows her best album is Smile :clap3:

I keep thinking 143 is a strong album, there are no skips. It's her first album to work perfectly as a whole, her best by this pov, the songs flow seamlessly into each other and are so enjoyable. Hating on it so much it's really specious.

• Like 2

imagine if All The Love had a bridge in the vein of Wide Awake, ahh we could've had it all :monkey:

• Like 2

I actually wanted to like this album, i wanted to believe there would be some album tracks that were better than the singles. But... no there isn't. The album is truly her worst by far, it's all so generic, it's like she didn't even TRY :rip:

People were clowning Witness and Smile but both of those albums sound like absolute masterpieces in comparison to 143 :rip:

5 hours ago, acidbb said:

Trash, dumpster-worthy, katy you're an embarrassment: GIMME GIMME

And that's that on that

:clack:

Artificial and All the Love have the best beats

15 minutes ago, Goofy said:

imagine if All The Love had a bridge in the vein of Wide Awake, ahh we could've had it all :monkey:

I hated reading this because it's true and it feels like we're RATS that just took what we can get.

:suburban:

What kind of expectations do you guys have for the Spotify numbers?

I hope Katy can sneak into the Top 20 most streamed artists. If she enters the Top 30 already though, she would slide into the top 10 most streamed female artists (SZA is #10 female and #30 overall). Katy was #58 overall and #15 for females yesterday. I think she can rise 25 to 30 places overall. :ihype:

I don't think she is going to enter the Top 200 songs though. :katie: I mean it's fine either way, but it could have been a nice bonus (hope I'm wrong though, maybe the Kim Petras feature has a slight shot since it's the one being promoted on Spotify playlists). 

2 hours ago, HandsToMyself said:

I know most people seem to dislike this album but this is probably her best album since Prism for me. GIMME GIMME is so catchy for me, the beat and the chorus are really good to me. 

CRUSH and NIRVANA are catchy bops and I really like I'M HIS, HE'S MINE too. 

ALL THE LOVE is probably my favourite song on the album, the post-chorus especially is AMAZING. A pure catchy pop song. 

I'm surprised so many people hate this so much. The only songs I really don't like are GORGEOUS (sounds so much like Unholy), ARTIFICIAL and TRUTH. 

great taste :clap3:we share the exact thoughts but I do enjoy gorgeous too!

The run from IHHM to Wonder is just immaculate to me. She never had a trackrun this strong and cohesive on all her albums tbh… Now imagine throwing in a bridge or another verse here and there :'(

Edited by Nico Robin
  • Thanks 1

Genuinely baffled by the single choices, Crush and Nirvana might have made SOME noise if they started the campaign

Where are the Spotify numbers? 

Just now, Badgalbriel said:

Where are the Spotify numbers? 

its odd, they havent updated since yesterday i believe

everybody PLEASE stream teenage dream and prism again so this woman doesn't go into bakruptcy, i'm so scared for her

4 minutes ago, KahnumDash said:

everybody PLEASE stream teenage dream and prism again so this woman doesn't go into bakruptcy, i'm so scared for her

Does she even make money from that anymore? She sold her masters…

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.