Reform UK facing another scandal, accused of running fake people as candidates

John Slayne

Posted (edited)

So for the last few days I have been seeing twitter threads accusing Reform candidates in several seats of 'not being real people'... 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jul/08/reform-uk-under-pressure-to-prove-all-its-candidates-were-real-people

The above article investigated one of them and it turns out he WAS real, just bad at photoshop. However, this sparked a conversation about other Reform candidates and according to the guardian article Reform UK did admit to running 'paper candidates' in several constituencies. 

I researched the candidate in my constituency and there is no trace of him ANYWHERE. :rip: The only thing I found was a facebook post from a profile that looked fake, but I'm assuming some of these candidates were just random retirees with no online presence or who were told to scrub it to avoid more racism rows... No leaflet photo, nothing on the website, nothing on the online address list, nothing in local press. Also the candidate that was originally meant to run in my seat died and Reform did not notice. :deadbanana4:

I can't find the video now but there was a Glasgow girlie on insta who tried to visit Reform's HQ in London only to find it wasn't real either and they put a fake address on their website. 

There are some people on twitter who think Reform's 'fake' candidates are a Russian psy-op to generate more votes for Reform nationally. I'm not sure if I'd go that far with the accusation, but it is extremely weird how N/A are some of the candidates. It's currently my favourite conspiracy theory lol

Edited by John Slayne

ATRL dupe teas

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, John Slayne said:

Also the candidate that was originally meant to run in my seat died and Reform did not notice. :deadbanana4:

Did a coffin turn up to the result announcement? :ahh: 

3 hours ago, Wonderland said:

Did a coffin turn up to the result announcement? :ahh: 

this was back in April, they fired the guy for 'inactivity' because they didn't know he died :rip:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.