The Kumi Koda Singles Rate, Pt. 1 [winner revealed]

Suilen

Submitted, while populating I might have went back and watched tons of tour performances.. oh queen of live indeed.  :ghostface:

• Like 2

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Suilen

• Kyle-x

• Curaga

• Graves

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Fevesy said:

Submitted, while populating I might have went back and watched tons of tour performances.. oh queen of live indeed.  :ghostface:

:jonnycat:

3305d3b640ecb8bb9a8761ccb50b62e6287e0f50

bb9a41f6e30290ae14d8bebc5748a29fbf9c0006

• Like 4

Submitted :heart:

• Like 2

Just sent my scores… I've been a casual listener since Trick, and have checked out some of her albums after it, so I was expecting to enjoy her uptempo tracks more but I see it was quite the journey for her cause I was not impressed even by some of the more popular songs like Juicy or D.D.D… I mean those were alright but when it comes to bops I'd rate some singles way higher if we're talking post-Trick.  I was pleasantly surprised by the ballads despite not knowing the language, she really has a lovely voice for those kind of tracks. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Oh wow, 3 ballots in one day, let me increase the budget by 100 yen.

NSzmhiC.png

Thanks everyone, if others manage to send their ballots before the deadline, we could start earlier.

Edited by Suilen

10 hours ago, Britneyfan09 said:

Submitted :heart:

The legend has entered the chat :jonny5:

• Like 1

Loving the current winner, and I haven't even put my scores in. One song has received two 11s, but it's kinda tanking.

NSzmhiC.png

• Like 1

I've been thinking I should have used my 0 more strategically (i.e., to keep ***** from winning), but maybe it will all work out in the end!

NSzmhiC.png

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Suilen said:

Oh wow, 3 ballots in one day, let me increase the budget by 100 yen.

NSzmhiC.png

Thanks everyone, if others manage to send their ballots before the deadline, we could start earlier.

I will give the whole playlist another listen this evening and again tomorrow. Hopefully I can send around then :heart:

11 minutes ago, Curaga said:

I've been thinking I should have used my 0 more strategically (i.e., to keep ***** from winning), but maybe it will all work out in the end!

NSzmhiC.png

I know what you are.

NSzmhiC.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Celebrating my rate submission with JAPONESQUE listenings

NSzmhiC.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Curaga said:

NSzmhiC.png

Maybe you should've because I had a BambiStar situation in the past, after which I lived and learned, so I'm not going to intentionally tank it if the majority decides it's the best

NSzmhiC.png

• Like 1

I was originally going to give my 11 to another song, but I changed my mind and decided to give it to a certain song that I think will be sabotaged in this rate.

NSzmhiC.png

17 hours ago, Kyle-x said:

The legend has entered the chat :jonny5:

d51zz5w-5e43343d-994d-45c6-af28-ec9a4e35

Omg hi legend!! :heart: It's been too long :jonny:

So happy to see all the enthusiasm for this rate. Tempting me to revive my local J-Pop thread rates sometime after this rate is finished.

NSzmhiC.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Britneyfan09 said:

d51zz5w-5e43343d-994d-45c6-af28-ec9a4e35

Omg hi legend!! :heart: It's been too long :jonny:

So happy to see all the enthusiasm for this rate. Tempting me to revive my local J-Pop thread rates sometime after this rate is finished.

NSzmhiC.png

Divas of Asia part 2 is coming

NSzmhiC.png

• Like 1

scores submitted

NSzmhiC.png

I might have the courage to finally go through her albums now but I'll probably just watch some peformances---I do the same with BoA and Ayu and they're my fave J-pop girls

• Like 1

Doing the last round of listening before finishing the scores myself, and those old singles hit harder that I expected. Even that BoA song is kinda cute.

NSzmhiC.png

I'll send the final reminders tomorrow.

• Like 2

this bops. Why was this the only new track on the compilation to not get a single release? It's the best one! :rip: 

• Like 4

@confide in me @D.D.D. @Tropical @Invisibility @poki

The final reminder that you have 4 days to submit your ballots if you're still interested in participating. Not tagging Subomie and my dupe since I know that they're working on theirs. I still need 4 ballots to break even with Shiina's rate.

I'm sorry i don't think I will be able to partake :noparty: Let's see though a weekend miracle might occur

26 minutes ago, Tropical said:

I'm sorry i don't think I will be able to partake :noparty: Let's see though a weekend miracle might occur

Hopefully you can make some time

OT: Working on mine and I'll submit in time!

• Like 3

Being a Kuu fan back then must've been wild. Each single release being a coin flip between brilliant and boundary pushing bop or the same ballad she's released fifteen times already. 

Edited by Subomie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm the lowest score for 3 fan favorites, though Curaga beats me by being the lowest score for like 5 fan favorites.

NSzmhiC.png

The lowest scorers will be called Little Newtsters for the rate, IYKYK

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Suilen said:

I'm the lowest score for 3 fan favorites, though Curaga beats me by being the lowest score for like 5 fan favorites.

NSzmhiC.png

The lowest scorers will be called Little Newtsters for the rate, IYKYK

nn guess I'll be the rate villain again

NSzmhiC.png

Very interested to see where my 0 lands since I have no idea if it's a fan favorite or not. I noticed it's near the end of a lot of her live albums though, so maybe it is...

Speaking of which, I was surprised to learn that she ends virtually every show with walk, and (according to Wikipedia) walk is her most famous ballad, yet it wasn't a single and is from her debut "flop" era. :thing:

3 minutes ago, Curaga said:

nn guess I'll be the rate villain again

NSzmhiC.png

Very interested to see where my 0 lands since I have no idea if it's a fan favorite or not. I noticed it's near the end of a lot of her live albums though, so maybe it is...

Speaking of which, I was surprised to learn that she ends virtually every show with walk, and (according to Wikipedia) walk is her most famous ballad, yet it wasn't a single and is from her debut "flop" era. :thing:

No, your 0's nobody's favorite, I fear. As for walk, Matsuura told her to write a song that she one day would be able to close a big live with, and we know about her initial floppage. But she did eventially reach the level where she had those big lives, so it has a special meaning for her, that she prevailed etc. She later put it on the Suki de single.

NSzmhiC.png

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.