Taylor Swift surpasses Billie Eilish, female with most monthly listeners on Spotify

elincomprendid

10 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

You're in every girl's thread (Dua, Ariana, Billie from what I've seen alone) accusing them of using autoplay, then wonder why people clown yalls asses

:suburban:

I mean I have posted about autoplay even for Taylor when it was their for All of the girls.

I simply couldn't care if other fanbases are pissed. I pointed out the obvious which they try to push as hits.

If Taylor does blatant autoplay, I will point out for her too

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FolkLover1989

• elincomprendid

• Gaia

• Loca

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FolkLover1989 said:

I mean I have posted about autoplay even for Taylor when it was their for All of the girls.

I simply couldn't care if other fanbases are pissed. I pointed out the obvious which they try to push as hits.

If Taylor does blatant autoplay, I will point out for her too

It's just the way Sporify works now. Espresso and PPP are also autoplay'd as hell and they are still big smash hits. Just accept it and stop serving old_man_yells_at_cloud.gif

• Like 1

Just now, State of Grace. said:

It's just the way Sporify works now. Espresso and PPP are also autoplay'd as hell and they are still big smash hits. Just accept it and stop serving old_man_yells_at_cloud.gif

Well then again soon Sabrina will also surpass Taylor on MLs thanks to this feature and they will say Sabrina ended her.

It's starts from them. If they think their favs are organic and Taylor is fanbase carried well I have mirror to show them with actual stats :giraffe:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Swifties told us this was an "irrelevant metric" yesterday. Why are they celebrating it now with multiple AP threads? :confused:

Billie Eilish couldn't be bigger than Taylor Swift on this irrelevant metric though. She couldn't beat Taylor Swift and now Billie Eilish is 3rd, while Taylor Swift is 2nd.

and Spotify officially says Taylor Swift is currently bigger than her worldwide

Whatever way it works, whatever metric it is, on that metric The Weeknd is now 1st, Taylor Swift is 2nd and Billie Eilish is the 3rd.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

It's an irrelevant metric and Taylor is still number one.

Both of these things can be true.🤷🏻‍♂️

"Meaningless achievement" 

This metric doesn't matter at all. And non ATRLers (along with some people on this website) continue to misunderstand it. 

Spotify should really switch to actual daily streams for their charts. 

Congrats Taylor Swift! :clap3:

• Thanks 1

It's giving Espresso and Please Please Please on the global Spotify charts 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

Let's take a look at somefemale songs performance in Apple vs Spotify

Spotify
#1 Espresso
#2 BIRDS OF A FEATHER
#3 Please Please Please
#10 Good Luck Babe!
#20 LUNCH
#22 we can't be friends
#24 Fortnight
#26 Cruel Summer
#28 CHIHIRO

Apple Music (change with Spotify)
#4 (-1) Please Please Please
#5 (-4) Espresso
#7 (-5) BIRDS OF A FEATHER
#17 (-7) Good Luck Babe!
#23 (+3) Cruel Summer
#26 (-2) Fortnight
#37 (-17) LUNCH
#40 (-12) CHIHIRO
#61 (-39) we can't be friends

And in case you can say this is cause of different regions using the platform let's check Spotify and Apple US which is the country with the biggest Apple platform

Spotify
#2 Please Please Please
#5 Espresso
#6 BIRDS OF A FEATHER
#7 Good Luck Babe!
#22 LUNCH
#36 Fortnight
#50 CHIHIRO
#54 Cruel Summer
#63 we can't be friends

#7 (-5) Please Please Please
#14 (-9) Espresso
#13 (-7) BIRDS OF A FEATHER
#26 (-19) Good Luck Babe!
#63 (-27) Fortnight
#85 (-31) Cruel Summer
#91 (-41) CHIHIRO
#99 (-77) LUNCH
#OUT [#160~ based on live chart] we can't be friends

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

A monthly listener can listen to 1 song in a month or to 1000 songs in a month. It's the same thing in this metric 

4 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Spotify should really switch to actual daily streams for their charts. 

They already do. Their own officially titled Spotify Charts are all based on total daily/weekly streams (see how there's no mention of monthly listeners or even followers) and their year-end Spotify Wrapped charts are also based on total annual streams. Which is why people keep saying that streams >>> MLs, but ATRL will always choose to believe its own reality. :cm:

• Like 3

Just gonna edit some post from the other post because i am lazy to think of one!

Oh lord I know Taylor Billie is fuming. 

She had the better 2024 album so it's deserved

talent always wins :clap3: 

The evil is defeated (for now)

This is just a warm up until the Grammys :jonnycat: Taylor Swift Billie Eilish, you will PAY

• Haha 2

It's only natural when their latest album have 31 and 10 songs, respectively. The likelihood of people tuning in for just one track at least is bigger for Swift. Chart manipulation at its finest. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

1 minute ago, Loca said:

It's only natural when their latest album have 31 and 10 songs, respectively. The likelihood of people tuning in for just one track at least is bigger for Swift. Chart manipulation at its finest. 

But I thought no one was listening to the album outside her fanbase and that Fortnight was not being played anywhere. What happened there? :sailing:

And y'all need to start understanding that Billie's numbers don't only come from her 10 track album. A lot of people still listen to only bad guy or any of her singles, exactly like Taylor. The number of each of their tracks have nothing to do with this stat. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Loca said:

then why isn't certain top tier artist with over 25 tracks in her latest album, doing it? :eek:

Chart manipulation gone wrong?

42 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Swifties told us this was an "irrelevant metric" yesterday. Why are they celebrating it now with multiple AP threads? :confused:

Youre so obsessed 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Taylor Swift has achieved a significant milestone by becoming the artist with the most monthly listeners on Spotify. This notable accomplishment highlights her exceptional talent, dedication, and the deep connection she maintains with her global fanbase. Swift's music continues to inspire and resonate with millions of listeners, solidifying her position as a leading figure in the music industry. This achievement is a testament to her influence and popularity, and it adds to her impressive list of accolades. Swift's continued success and impact on the music world remain highly anticipated and celebrated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Taylor is bigger than Billie again :clap3:

15 minutes ago, elincomprendid said:

Let's take a look at somefemale songs performance in Apple vs Spotify

Spotify
#1 Espresso
#2 BIRDS OF A FEATHER
#3 Please Please Please
#10 Good Luck Babe!
#20 LUNCH
#22 we can't be friends
#24 Fortnight
#26 Cruel Summer
#28 CHIHIRO

#4 (-1) Please Please Please
#5 (-4) Espresso
#7 (-5) BIRDS OF A FEATHER
#17 (-7) Good Luck Babe!
#23 (+3) Cruel Summer
#26 (-2) Fortnight
#37 (-17) LUNCH
#40 (-12) CHIHIRO
#61 (-39) we can't be friends

And in case you can say this is cause of different regions using the platform let's check Spotify and Apple US which is the country with the biggest Apple platform

Spotify
#2 Please Please Please
#5 Espresso
#6 BIRDS OF A FEATHER
#7 Good Luck Babe!
#22 LUNCH
#36 Fortnight
#50 CHIHIRO
#54 Cruel Summer
#63 we can't be friends

#7 (-5) Please Please Please
#14 (-9) Espresso
#13 (-7) BIRDS OF A FEATHER
#26 (-19) Good Luck Babe!
#63 (-27) Fortnight
#85 (-31) Cruel Summer
#91 (-41) CHIHIRO
#99 (-77) LUNCH
#OUT [#160~ based on live chart] we can't be friends

So this just means Billie is having insane payola on Spotify 

Well

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

But I thought no one was listening to the album outside her fanbase and that Fortnight was not being played anywhere. What happened there? :sailing:

And y'all need to start understanding that Billie's numbers don't only come from her 10 track album. A lot of people still listen to only bad guy or any of her singles, exactly like Taylor. The number of each of their tracks have nothing to do with this stat. 

You do realize that this further enhances my point, right? Taylor's discography is far bigger, making the small difference with Billie even more embarrassing. 

2 minutes ago, newaespa said:

then why isn't certain top tier artist with over 25 tracks in her latest album, doing it? :eek:

Chart manipulation gone wrong?

Because she is a flop? Does my avatar look like Beyoncé or something? 

Just now, Loca said:

You do realize that this further enhances my point, right? Taylor's discography is far bigger, making the small difference with Billie even more embarrassing. 

Huh? I just tried to explain to you that the number of songs has nothing to do with this stat. It's the amount of people streaming one (read that well) song from their discography at least once in a month. They're on the same level now which is amazing for both.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dear Reader said:

Huh? I just tried to explain to you that the number of songs has nothing to do with this stat. It's the amount of people streaming one (read that well) song from their discography at least once in a month. They're on the same level now which is amazing for both.

Can you not understand that having more songs increases the likelihood of people checking out at least one of those songs? I understand how the chart works perfectly well, you are the one who seems to be lost here :laugh:

Thank you Post Malone :clap3:

can someone kindly explain to me why this metric is not relevant?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.