Spain's biggest newspaper publishes extra shady article reflecting on Katy's downfall

Space Cowboy

6 hours ago, popmusicisdead said:

you didn't have to lash her that bad @Cloudy sis

I had to do what I had to do :michael:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

55 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

nobody is surprised wtf

did you even read this topic before commenting 

No i aint reading all that and still what i said was facts

• Thumbs Down 1

I love the lashings, despite certain inaccuracies, but what miss Katy and the author failed to realize is that she does have access to artistic authenticity. :celestial5:

We wanted stripped down, guitar/rock, confessional, singer-songwriter Katy. THAT would be both authentic to her AND trendy. Her team is so ******* dumb my god. :celestial5:

Instead she released a Housewives of Bravo novelty single-sized mess :dancehall2:

She's only good for a throwback I fear

2hRPUII.gif

41 minutes ago, modeblock said:

I love the lashings, despite certain inaccuracies, but what miss Katy and the author failed to realize is that she does have access to artistic authenticity. :celestial5:

We wanted stripped down, guitar/rock, confessional, singer-songwriter Katy. THAT would be both authentic to her AND trendy. Her team is so ******* dumb my god. :celestial5:

I don't think that's the Katy that exists anymore though. That may have been her in the mid-2000's prior to getting signed to Capitol, but once her career took off it was clear she really enjoyed being the maximalist pop star she became and that's the lane she's interested in. If she wanted to revert to her stripped back singer-songwriter sound she probably would have done that already by this stage and tried to appeal to a more AC audience. At this point it's so far from her brand identity that people would probably drag that as inauthentic too so I'm not sure it would even work unless the material was really rock solid.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Miichael said:

I don't think that's the Katy that exists anymore though. That may have been her in the mid-2000's prior to getting signed to Capitol, but once her career took off it was clear she really enjoyed being the maximalist pop star she became and that's the lane she's interested in. If she wanted to revert to her stripped back singer-songwriter sound she probably would have done that already by this stage and tried to appeal to a more AC audience. At this point it's so far from her brand identity that people would probably drag that as inauthentic too so I'm not sure it would even work unless the material was really rock solid.

Daisies ? It could have been a cute direction for her 

19 minutes ago, Monsieurgedeon said:

Daisies ? It could have been a cute direction for her 

Daisies was a cute stripped-back song but it was still much more pop than the stuff she was doing prior to IKAG which was more comparable to artists like Alanis Morisette or Regina Spektor.

"This new trend of failed pop stars trying to serve contrived camp to appeal to the lowest common denominator of the gays."

:campfire:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.