Nicole Scherzinger to be a judge on new music competition Building The Band

Nefertiti0

Nicole Scherzinger is set to take on her former X Factor boss Simon Cowell in a rival Netflix talent show.

The ex-Eden's Crush singer will be a judge on big new music competition Building The Band, with Backstreet Boys star AJ McLean as host.
The reality TV series will task 50 hopefuls with collaborating to form a group — without ever being face to face.

It comes as Simon is searching for a new boyband in his own documentary The Midas Touch which is being made for the streaming giant.

But uptake for auditions has reportedly been lacklustre, with the first two dates cancelled.
source

Is she gonna be there looking for tips on how to revive the PCD reunion :bam:

• ATRL Administrator

No one wants to be in a group with her. Is she gonna offer her experience being a bad group member?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Posted (edited)

I wouldnt take her advices if i wanted to be in a group :coffee:

Edited by Companion
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

The reality TV series will task 50 hopefuls with collaborating to form a group — without ever being face to face.

Trash twist. How're they gonna fight behind the scenes if it's all virtual?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Will she make herself the lead?

Edited by tost1
  • Haha 5

Cmon Nicole, you are doing so well with the broadway route - these reality shows must really give her a cute cheque 

I hope she doesn't repeat what they did to PCD as what's the point of a girlgroup if only 1 girl is going to sing? 

spacer.png

If she makes a group with at least 4 or 5 members, I would hope they all have a chance to sing

Is the band going to listen to the album for the first time in the studio after it's recorded?

• Haha 1

Well she's the one who formed One Direction, if Netflix was smart they would have put Nicole, Kelly Rowland who created Little Mix.

Making the 2 forming a group each and competing each other to gain a record contract.

• Like 1

This is like the 13th reality/talent shows she's been on as a judge or contestant. :deadbanana2:

Good for her though. She was paid over $2 million for each season of X Factor and The Masked Singer. She has to pay bills somehow. Sunset Boulevard is not going to do that.

1. Pop Stars USA (2001)
  2. The Sing-Off (2009)
  3. Dancing with the Stars (2010)
  4. The X Factor UK
  5. The X Factor USA
  6. I Can Do That
  7. Best Time Ever
  8. I Can Do That
  9. Australia's Got Talent
  10. X Factor Celebrity
  11. X Factor: The Band
  12. The Masked Singer

9 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Is she gonna be there looking for tips on how to revive the PCD reunion :bam:

8 hours ago, Ryan said:

No one wants to be in a group with her. Is she gonna offer her experience being a bad group member?

8 hours ago, Companion said:

I wouldnt take her advices if i wanted to be in a group :coffee:

8 hours ago, tost1 said:

Will she make herself the lead?

4 hours ago, rhaenyra said:

I hope she doesn't repeat what they did to PCD as what's the point of a girlgroup if only 1 girl is going to sing? 

If she makes a group with at least 4 or 5 members, I would hope they all have a chance to sing

3 hours ago, Slap said:

Is the band going to listen to the album for the first time in the studio after it's recorded?

Can we stop with this nonsense? It's 2024. It's common knowledge that Nicole did not own PCD and she did not "make herself the lead." :rip: 

She was specifically hired to be PCD's permanent singer and did her job (while the label constantly snatched her own work to be packaged under the PCD banner).  Before  NIcole and Melody were hired, the Dolls were a burlesque group of professional dancers who had guest celebs like Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Carmen Elektra and others who sang for the group while the other Dolls danced and did backup. Nicole (lead) and Melody (backup) were hired to be permanent singers. It shouldn't be shocking that one person sang when that's always been the formula for The Pussycat Dolls ever since their origins in the 1990s.

Also, Nicole was already in a girl group called Eden's Crush before PCD. All the members sang in the group because the structure was different. She and another member named Ana Maria both sang lead, but the other members had their solo lines also because they were all actual professional singers and hired to be.

Finally, Nicole is the one who formed One Direction and was a great judge on X Factor UK with multiple contestants praising her for mentoring them even after the show ended (see below). It's hardly stretch that she would be a good judge here.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/4168644/jahmene-douglas-nicole-scherzinger-support-mental-health-battle-lorraine/

https://heatworld.com/entertainment/tv-movies/x-factor-judge-nicole-scherzinger-threw-water-contestant-hannah-barrett/

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a816620/x-factor-matt-terry-calls-nicole-his-big-sister/

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/x-factor-winner-james-arthur-040336042.html

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

Can we stop with this nonsense? It's 2024. It's common knowledge that Nicole did not own PCD and she did not "make herself the lead." :rip: 

She was specifically hired to be PCD's permanent singer and did her job (while the label constantly snatched her own work to be packaged under the PCD banner).  Before  NIcole and Melody were hired, the Dolls were a burlesque group of professional dancers who had guest celebs like Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Carmen Elektra and others who sang for the group while the other Dolls danced and did backup. Nicole (lead) and Melody (backup) were hired to be permanent singers. It shouldn't be shocking that one person sang when that's always been the formula for The Pussycat Dolls ever since their origins in the 1990s.

Also, Nicole was already in a girl group called Eden's Crush before PCD. All the members sang in the group because the structure was different. She and another member named Ana Maria both sang lead, but the other members had their solo lines also because they were all actual professional singers and hired to be.

Finally, Nicole is the one who formed One Direction and was a great judge on X Factor UK with multiple contestants praising her for mentoring them even after the show ended (see below). It's hardly stretch that she would be a good judge here.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/4168644/jahmene-douglas-nicole-scherzinger-support-mental-health-battle-lorraine/

https://heatworld.com/entertainment/tv-movies/x-factor-judge-nicole-scherzinger-threw-water-contestant-hannah-barrett/

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a816620/x-factor-matt-terry-calls-nicole-his-big-sister/

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/x-factor-winner-james-arthur-040336042.html

I'm a massive Nicole stan and it was just a cultural reference/joke. I love her and think she's super talented. I just wish she'd release some music. 

"The reality TV series will task 50 hopefuls with collaborating to form a group — without ever being face to face."

This sounds like recipe for disaster. I'll be tuning in for the kiis.

i'm glad she found her calling on stage and reality tv because the music industry said NO!!!

• ATRL Administrator

I’m not reading all that but thanks. :zzz:

15 hours ago, LoveInStereo said:

Trash twist. How're they gonna fight behind the scenes if it's all virtual?

lol.

But seriously, how do they expect a group to last without having met each other.  They're not even pretending to set them up for success.  What kind of mess is this? 😂

16 hours ago, Ryan said:

I'm not reading all that but thanks. :zzz:

It's okay. Most people on the Internet prefer fake news over facts. :celestial:

On 7/7/2024 at 12:55 PM, popmusicisdead said:

i'm glad she found her calling on stage and reality tv because the music industry said NO!!!

She owned the 2000s in the Music Industry as part of PCD
She owned the 2010s in Reality TV
She will own the 2020s on Stage

We love a TRUE triple threat

On 7/6/2024 at 2:54 PM, Ryan said:

She literally helped create One Direction. :dies: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.