Bonnie McKee - "Forever 21"

TakeYouToHell

8th single from McKee's sophomore album - Hot City.

Music video out July 8th.

• Like 2

8th single?!? I think this is only 4 from the new release, plus American Girl technically

Just now, ImpressMeMuch said:

8th single?!? I think this is only 4 from the new release, plus American Girl technically

American Girl, Sleepwalker, Stars In Your Heart, SLAY, Hot City, Don't Get Mad Get Famous, Jenny's Got A Boyfriend and now Forever 21 - so technically 8th single. The first 3 were always part of the album so I count them.

• Like 1

Legendary song, 11 years in the making. Let's have her moment finally!! :party:

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToHell said:

American Girl, Sleepwalker, Stars In Your Heart, SLAY, Hot City, Don't Get Mad Get Famous, Jenny's Got A Boyfriend and now Forever 21 - so technically 8th single. The first 3 were always part of the album so I count them.

Whewww

She's absolutely incredible. HOT CITY is that album!

This song is toward the bottom of the album for me, it's a little too 2010'd

How many artists can afford to give us 8 music videos? *bow*

She's truly hustling with this album, putting some major label eras to shame :clap3:

• Thanks 1

such an incredible, timeless song :clap3: 

8th single? :deadbanana4: I don't think anything pre-SLAY counts, kinda like how NRO and HIH aren't technically singles from 'Smile'. :skull:

Excited for this, though! Song is such a banger. Although "Show You Mine" has emerged as the standout from her album for me, personally.

• Thanks 1

The single version of DGMGF is technically a non-album single too, seeing as it was remixed and extended for the album cut.

11 minutes ago, Aurora said:

8th single? :deadbanana4: I don't think anything pre-SLAY counts, kinda like how NRO and HIH aren't technically singles from 'Smile'. :skull:

She said in an interview recently that American Girl was 1st single from the project so I believe it's not much of an bargain to consider anything that was dropped after that into the count, in comparison with Katy though, it was said whatever sticks, will stick and she always refereed to it as an droplet era :squirrel:

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

I didn't care about this song particularly when she performed it back then but when I heard the album version for the 1st time, I just bawled my eyes out. So glad she's finally releasing the video after weeks of waiting :clap3:

Edited by Kirby Kirbs

With single discrepancies it's odd. I wouldn't consider Stars or Sleepwalker anything more than promo singles, and the same could be said to be true for Jenny and DGMGF. When you think 'official single' generally there is additional promotion and focus than just a digital release and music video.

Regardless, hustling, she sure is! I wonder if she'll do any other singles from this project.

On 7/6/2024 at 8:47 PM, Aurora said:

Yup.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

not the google drive link :deadbanana2: can't watch it, says the number of plays have been exceeded 

4 minutes ago, kos1692 said:

i was going to post it but i can't create a new thread (it doens't appear the option to create a new thread, can u tell me how, i don't see the option in the main page)

On the right side of your pfp and name, appears +New, that's the section to create a new thread but if you're new to ATRL you probably won't be able to, at least for now.

Also this is the single thread so i'm not so sure if we can create one for the mv(?!) and I think it's best to share it when the music video gets released on YouTube so it could be incorporated imo

• Like 1

Where is the youtube link? we understand that she premiered it exclusively on Nylon magazine, but girl, YT is the most important platform!

Just now, Descending said:

On the right side of your pfp and name, appears +New, that's the section to create a new thread but if you're new to ATRL you probably won't be able to, at least for now.

Also this is the single thread so i'm not so sure if we can create one for the mv(?!) and I think it's best to share it when the music video gets released on YouTube so it could be incorporated imo

thanks! it doesn't appear to me the "+new", maybe cuz i'm still newbie

8 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

not the google drive link :deadbanana2: can't watch it, says the number of plays have been exceeded 

are u on mobile? it worked for me when I tried to watch it on my laptop

6 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

It's on Youtube now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.