Ashley Tisdale debuts Pfizer partnership

sciencemagic

Posted (edited)

Disney Channel queen Ashley Tisdale has begun a collaboration with big Pharma giant Pfizer! Of note, her partnership is not tied to promotion of a particular product (yet), but rather about raising awareness. (This is in contrast to someone like Lady Gaga's Pharma partnership.)  Will you be bopping to the top with Ashley x Pfizer? 

For its latest celebrity partnership, Pfizer went in a "Fabulous" direction.

The Big Pharma has teamed up with Ashley Tisdale to discuss the actor-singer-entrepreneur's experience with alopecia areata, an autoimmune disease that typically causes sudden bouts of hair loss in patches on the head and face.

In a video that Tisdale shared on her social media pages last week and Pfizer reposted Monday, the "High School Musical" star told her "alopecia areata story." While looking through old photos of herself in the clip, Tisdale said she first began noticing "significant hair loss" in her early twenties. On her hair colorist's suggestion, Tisdale sought help from a dermatologist, who diagnosed her with alopecia areata at age 24.

Though researchers believe the disease can be triggered by a variety of factors, Tisdale said she's noticed a particular correlation with stress.

"My reaction has always been to hide my hair loss," she said. "I would part my hair differently or wear it down or use different accessories, and part of hiding meant hiding my diagnosis for a long time, too."

The partnership is framed around improving awareness and education and sharing a real patient's story, rather than being tied to any specific product—though Pfizer did just last year earn FDA approval for Litfulo, a daily oral treatment for severe alopecia areata, indicated for patients aged 12 and older.

Source: https://www.fiercepharma.com/marketing/pfizer-bops-top-new-ashley-tisdale-collab-around-alopecia-areata

Link to the story on Pfizer's page: https://www.pfizer.com/news/articles/ashley_tisdale_s_alopecia_areata_journey_how_the_star_found_support_and_is_helping_people_feel_less_alone 

Edited by sciencemagic

Posted (edited)

Well, this is random. 

But get that corrupted pharma money, Ms. Tisdale!

tumblr_inline_moe7r3Imlx1qz4rgp.gif

Edited by Sharamee6
  • Like 1

Pfizer using all that COVID money to buy celebrity endorsements. It should be taxed back. Very shady.

the random Gaga stray, she's probably gonna promote a product too

• Haha 1

Please use the money to make another album as great as Guilty Pleasure :WAP:

• Like 3

Please use the money to make another album as great as Headstrong (minus the ballads) :WAP:

• Like 3

Please use the money to make Headstrong & Guilty Pleasure vinyls 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Smarticle said:

the random Gaga stray, she's probably gonna promote a product too

Lol not even meant as a real drag, I just had to make a reference :wink:

and you're right!

Gaga's impact :clap3:

ok just make crank it up the commercial song :WAP:

yuck.

I guess the Avon lady business didn't prove to be very lucrative for her.

She should debut a Guilty Pleasure partnership, because we need another album like this

tumblr_inline_moe7r3Imlx1qz4rgp.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.