Bieber paid $10m to perform in Indian wedding

Cheers

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, shimind said:

he could have paid that much to a bunch of popular indian singers.. what is this obsession with english singers they have... indian singers are far more talented then these so called hollywood singers

Stfu:biblio:no one is more talented than king Justin

Edited by Starfish
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

7 hours ago, shimind said:

he could have paid that much to a bunch of popular indian singers.. what is this obsession with english singers they have... indian singers are far more talented then these so called hollywood singers

You think the whole world is reporting on this wedding if they hire indian singers? This thread existing is the reason why lol you're thinking too small

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, mike_int said:

You know Beyonce must be pissed haha

She was paid that for another wedding, a couple of years ago.

Also, she's a billionaire while Bieber is allegedly in debt, to the point where he basically gave away his catalog for peanuts. I think she's chill.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Is this still the same wedding rihanna performed at? :deadvision: 

On 7/6/2024 at 10:15 AM, shimind said:

As a show of wealth and power? He's basically hiring A list global celebs to perform at his event, the point is- i don't think its about the talent or anything :skull:

7 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

Is this still the same wedding rihanna performed at? :deadvision: 

Yup

This is probably more money than his last album made in sales. It's a quick job for a large pay check. 

if Britney or Gaga would have I'm sure they reached out to them based on this list.

Posted (edited)

wrong thread sorry

Edited by ToMmY

On 7/5/2024 at 7:13 PM, Gwendolyn said:

Is their wedding festival still going???? I wish I had all that money :rip:

On 7/5/2024 at 7:33 PM, tost1 said:

These people's wedding is longer than their relationship :rip:

On 7/5/2024 at 8:14 PM, ericcartman said:

Is this the same wedding that Rihanna performed at? How is it still going on? Isn't the Sangeet supposed to be before the actual wedding?

45 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

Yup

Neither of these events are weddings. :rip: The event Rihanna performed at was a party. This is a also a party.

Their actual wedding is scheduled for July 12th. 

• Thanks 1

This is all ridiculous, they're paying millions for someone who hasn't enjoyed performing or singing live for a decade :lmao:

Sorry but this fat ugly **** and his family having enough money to piss away all that money on a mediocre singer while large parts of India practically live in third world conditions is disgusting. Those people should pillage his homes out of protest. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 7/6/2024 at 2:36 AM, kataraqueen said:

At least they're keeping the money circulating? No idea why people look down on frivolent spending. It'd be so much worse to hoard all the money, which is what happens with that attitude. The money is NEVER given away for good, so at least give it to others who might spend it on good things rather than keeping it for yourself

The problem is the system that allows people to hoard so much money (no doubt while doing untold harm to the environment and people less priviledged than then) that they can spend 10 million to rent major popstars for a night the way we spend 10 dollars to sub to Spotify.

1 hour ago, Jay07 said:

The problem is the system that allows people to hoard so much money (no doubt while doing untold harm to the environment and people less priviledged than then) that they can spend 10 million to rent major popstars for a night the way we spend 10 dollars to sub to Spotify.

They're the richest family in India, in which almost every family member is a business man and they've all married other rich families. Every country has at least one of these. When you say "the system", do you mean capitalism, the Indian government or? The only thing I can say is that this isn't a recent thing, and that rich families have always existed. If anything, historically speaking, it's easier than ever now to climb in economic status 

There is a general mentality of frivolent spending = showing off, and it drips down all the way to middle class, which is what I'm talking about. I think it's a sociological phenomenon resulted from the ultra rich not wanting to upset the poor, and there's now a plethora of other implications and reasonings that have eventually come with it. I find it all extremely fake and embarrassing. If you have the money, just buy what ever you want, especially if you were otherwise just gonna save it or spend it on other things exclusively used by yourself. You should buy things because you LIKE them, not because you're expected to.

Clearly, this couple loves the late 2000s / early 2010s, good for them for getting all of these artists from their teens and getting them to celebrate their wedding with them.

3 hours ago, Inverted said:

Neither of these events are weddings. :rip: The event Rihanna performed at was a party. This is a also a party.

Their actual wedding is scheduled for July 12th. 

They're rituals for the wedding indeed

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weddings_in_India

18 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

She was paid that for another wedding, a couple of years ago.

Also, she's a billionaire while Bieber is allegedly in debt, to the point where he basically gave away his catalog for peanuts. I think she's chill.

Wasn't that in 2018? Like 6 years ago? That amount of money back then was probably more than what Katy got paid with the inflation etc. not sure what they're trying to prove. 

So the source is a tweet? ☠️

I don't think beyonce would go for bottom billing when she was paid $20m to perform in Dubai.

1 hour ago, mrpartyrocker said:

Wasn't that in 2018? Like 6 years ago? That amount of money back then was probably more than what Katy got paid with the inflation etc. not sure what they're trying to prove. 

Yes and yes. Considering inflation she probably got paid closer to what Bieber got paid than Katy (take into account that the amount is converted from Rupees to dollars, so both rates have changed in so many years).

Why this family have so many weddings and they all need a western pop star to perform a at it???

14 hours ago, kataraqueen said:

They're the richest family in India, in which almost every family member is a business man and they've all married other rich families. Every country has at least one of these. When you say "the system", do you mean capitalism, the Indian government or? The only thing I can say is that this isn't a recent thing, and that rich families have always existed. If anything, historically speaking, it's easier than ever now to climb in economic status 

There is a general mentality of frivolent spending = showing off, and it drips down all the way to middle class, which is what I'm talking about. I think it's a sociological phenomenon resulted from the ultra rich not wanting to upset the poor, and there's now a plethora of other implications and reasonings that have eventually come with it. I find it all extremely fake and embarrassing. If you have the money, just buy what ever you want, especially if you were otherwise just gonna save it or spend it on other things exclusively used by yourself. You should buy things because you LIKE them, not because you're expected to.

Clearly, this couple loves the late 2000s / early 2010s, good for them for getting all of these artists from their teens and getting them to celebrate their wedding with them.

Is this supposed to be… a defense of capitalism… allowing individuals to accrue billions of dollars (off the backs of poor people) to spend on pop stars… while poor people actively starve in the same country :deadbanana4::deadbanana4:

• Thanks 1

I saw some videos, he looks strange sometimes, his facial expressions were sometimes odd

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2024 at 4:07 AM, DougAF said:

Sorry but this fat ugly **** and his family having enough money to piss away all that money on a mediocre singer while large parts of India practically live in third world conditions is disgusting. Those people should pillage his homes out of protest. 

Isn't that what it's like in every country. Are you googling the addresses of rich people in your state and pillaging their homes? 

On 7/7/2024 at 8:57 PM, Iaintsorry said:

Why this family have so many weddings and they all need a western pop star to perform a at it???

These aren't weddings. These are parties. The son's wedding was on July 12th, which was after these parties. They want western pop stars to get international media attention.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.