Jeremy Corbyn, expelled from UK Labour, re-wins seat as independent candidate

Communion

I,m so friggin happy :jonny2: They tried to ruin him but he bounced back

They tried to kill your famous- your favorite *****! They tried to ******* kill me! I'm not going down without a mother ******* fight

• Haha 13

He's such a king I love him he deserves this and more

• Like 1

Jonathan Ashworth also losing in Leicester to an independent, anti-genocide candidate :clap3: Wes Streeting almost losing his seat to too

independents very rarely win during GE so it's nice to see that at least some places anti-genocide activists keep Labour on their toes. Greens taking Bristol Central from a Shadow Cabinet member is amazing as well.

• Like 1

This is great but isn't the new MP super pro Israel? (Even more so than Sunak)

1 hour ago, shimind said:

why was he expelled?

Factional buillshit/being Pro-Palestine Officially it's because he claimed that the extent of antisemitism within the Labour party under his leadership was greatly exaggarated by political opponents at the time (which is obvious to anyone with a brain). He was suspended from the party and re-admitted a few weeks later, but Starmer chose not to restore the whip in order to "rebuild trust with the Jewish community (all of whom conveniently hate Corbyn and support ISrael, apparently). Strangely enough, when Starmer took a motion to the NEC last year to block Corbyn from standing as a Labour candidate, it made 0 mention of antisemitiism. Go figure.

• Thanks 1

:clap3:In some ways, the British parliament is better than Congress. So happy for Jeremy.

Good for him. He wasn't the best leader, because he didn't know how to play the game, but he seems like a genuinely good person, despite what the smears said about him.

I know he'll continue to represent his constituents well.

17 hours ago, shimind said:

why was he expelled?

He put the needs of people before power.

• Like 3

This is a wonderful achievement for one of the most misunderstood leaders of our time :clap3:Such a shame he will never be PM

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.