New dating app Dua.com debuts interesting advertising

glitch

dua meaning love in Albanian too :rip: 

• Like 1

I don't really see the problem? The owner responded to the thread and said you can also have no filter as well and it's customisable.

The reality is that people have preferences whether we think it's justified or not and even if you don't have these filters people are going to self filter anyways. Might as well make it more approachable and let people get what they want since the easier it is the more likely they'll stay on the app.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Awful name choice for an app. If anyone searches Dua on a search engine or social media, Dua Lipa will always come up with all the search results

• Like 3

Eh, I can see it being racist, but I can also see it being helpful? I don't think it's racist for people to look for people who share their religious beliefs or cultural backgrounds, especially if they're minorities wherever they live. 

• Like 1

this is a sticky issue because people clearly have preferences, but we also fail to acknowledge how much our environment / worldview affects those preferences.

this app looks like it's the type to reinforce close-minded ideals of what a partner should be, instead of opening up the eyes of users to also see people they would have never considered before. :celestial5:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, modeblock said:

this is a sticky issue because people clearly have preferences, but we also fail to acknowledge how much our environment / worldview affects those preferences.

this app looks like it's the type to reinforce close-minded ideals of what a partner should be, instead of opening up the eyes of users to also see people they would have never considered before. :celestial5:

Best take in this thread

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

I don't think preferences will ever be undone even if they are influenced by external factors.

I will say though, TikTok is heavily enforcing white men as the most desirable especially with that awful trust fund blue eyes trend where people are filming random white men and assuming they're billionaires and glorifying blue eyes

Edited by Saintlor

It's crazy how bothered people are when they see people they don't want to date on dating apps, like just pass on them

1 hour ago, Saintlor said:

I will say though, TikTok is heavily enforcing white men as the most desirable especially with that awful trust fund blue eyes trend where people are filming random white men and assuming they're billionaires and glorifying blue eyes

I find the contrast on tiktok so fascinating, people preach to be socially progressive, but at the same time hold views you would find common in the 1950's :skull:

Edited by Gesamtkunstwerk
  • Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.