Is Taylor Swift a legend? when did she become one?

futuresuperstar2023

Is Taylor Swift a Legend?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Is Taylor Swift a Legend?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 01/06/2025 at 02:08 PM

What are your thoughts? Do you think she is one now? Do you think she has more years before she become one? What is your overall opinion on her legacy status? This is not a troll thread. I'm doing a poll on another Pop Artist as well.

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• futuresuperstar2023

• Devin

• By the Water

• diemoehre

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

She's not and she won't be one. Her legacy will be her forced sales, definitely not her artistry :celestial5:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 7

For me she is

But her next few albums need to be more focused in artistry and less in commercial success.

She can't afford another album like Lover, Midnights or TTPD imo

She has Red, 1989, Folklore and Evermore which put her on top.

I don't think we can deny her legendary status, but how at this point of her career she is still looking for commercial success while tarnishing the quality needs to be addressed asap.

No and she won't become one as long as she doesn't get 5 #1s from one album on my village in Cyprus. The children in here don't even dress up as her for Halloween and she has no iconic fashion moments :sorry:

• Haha 11

I think she's there but only because of streaming. 

2 hours ago, Trent W said:

For me she is

But her next few albums need to be more focused in artistry and less in commercial success.

She can't afford another album like Lover, Midnights or TTPD imo

She has Red, 1989, Folklore and Evermore which put her on top.

I don't think we can deny her legendary status, but how at this point of her career she is still looking for commercial success while tarnishing the quality needs to be addressed asap.

The thing about Taylor Swift is that she has longevity and has been consistent and never fell off. I don't care for her like that but can't act as if she hasn't been doing numbers for years. It is what is at this point. She is definitely going to be remembered but I don't know if she is going to be respected like that down the line for decades to come. I feel that way about other pop artist as well tbh

1 minute ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

The thing about Taylor Swift is that she has longevity and has been consistent and never fell off. I don't care for her like that but can't act as if she hasn't been doing numbers for years. It is what is at this point. She is definitely going to be remembered but I don't know if she is going to be respected like that down the line for decades to come. I feel that way about other pop artist as well tbh

I think she's been so big that will be remembered no matter what

The respect part worries me if she keeps more albums like Midnights and TTPD.

She is definitely a legend now, her longevity is insane.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

she is NOT a legend lol.

the numbers might look good on paper but she a plain jane white girl with above avg songwriting skills. she has limited impact on society + she barely has any classics that stand the test of time. mb in 20 years she will become one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Down 6

2 hours ago, Devin said:

she is NOT a legend lol.

the numbers might look good on paper but she a plain jane white girl with above avg songwriting skills. she has limited impact on society + she barely has any classics that stand the test of time. mb in 20 years she will become one.

O god this thread about to go south lmao

36 minutes ago, Alldeezy said:

I think she's there but only because of streaming. 

The fact that she has been able to translate into the streaming era is a feat itself. She was literally being out streamed by Post & Billie in 2019. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

O god this thread about to go south lmao

mb some sensitive ass swifties runnin to downvote lol. good stats and accolades + big fanbase are impressive but she lacks in certain areas to qualify atm. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

January 19, 2010 when she released Today Was a GODLY Tale :giraffe:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

she's an icon

I don't personally think she's reached legend status cause she keeps shooting herself in the foot if we're being honest. she could've doubled down on the Folkmore experimentation and become a musical legend super quickly. she had already achieved pop icon status by that point and I genuinely believe that her fans would've stuck with her through any experimentation by then, but as someone else said in the other thread (shoutout to you!! whoever you are lol whoops) I do believe that she reverted back to the safe milquetoast sound zone for Midnights and (most of) TTPD because she knew it'd do better on the charts. a shame really. idk, I think she could've gone full on The Joshua Tree or My December at that point but nah she went back to—my personal least favorite—her synthpop iteration 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, NextBish90 said:

a L E G E N D? Are you crazy!? Are BTS legends? One Direction, Justin Bieber and PSY? 

LMAO.

• Like 1

Outside of sales what exactly does Taylor bring to the table? Is Garth Brooks a legend then? Until she impacts music in a real way I'd say no.

ne7LodF.gif

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, HASHTAGPOW said:

Even Ava Max is a legend here.

She literally shaped the current sonic scape of all local pizzerias and shopping malls. Did Taylor do the same? Do you hear Taylor while you go bowling? Ava Max is a legend everywhere you go

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Devin said:

she barely has any classics that stand the test of time.

Stop projecting your faves' lack of longevity'd hits into others 

IMG_8087.gif.cba4b88c40c000ad37051fa4df3

54 minutes ago, bad guy said:

Outside of sales what exactly does Taylor bring to the table?

Acclaim with 4 AOTY and 8 universally acclaimed albums + she is good at making so many fanbases suffer 

Nh8JmQu.gif.a7be6d4b121af05a5cb4999b930a

OT : She is. If she is not, no other MPG is

Edited by WildHeart
  • Haha 7

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.