Gaga couldn't reach Taylor's heights. Why?

Lagerfeld

2 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

Why do you or other swifties keep spreading this dumb ass narrative along with the "vibes and feels" "drag" thinking you guys ate when ts is just as guilty of using all of it? The lack of self awareness  

taylor-swift-you-belong-with-me-wig-bill
taylor-swift-bad-blood-wig-billboard-154
taylor-swift-wildest-dreams-wig-billboar

Taylor's history with her "lucky number 13"

It's not about wearing wigs. It's about wearing wigs and thinking it actually means something. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay07

• selena_lavigne

• Feanor

• WildHeart

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Everyone was selling their albums for 99 cents in their first week? :coffee:

Meanwhile everyone does offer variants, including Gaga, but you knew that right [2]

Looks like Gaga can't escape your greed accusations. :coffee:

Indeed, hence why those two songs get more daily streams than any Gaga song released this side of 2008, and unlike "Bad Romance" they're not even Taylor's biggest hits. :bird: And it doesn't even stop with hits only, with how Taylor is charting 8 albums in the top 100 on Billboard this very moment. See when you have remembered hits and albums… :bird:

I mean, I know you're struggling but you have to slow down and read sweetie. The 99c deal was an Amazon promotion, not Gaga. Meanwhile, everyone is doing variants but no one is doing 34 of them. The desperation is palpable :coffee:

Well since the numbers are so good an not manipulated by an obsessive, BTS-like fanbase, I can't wait to hear the iconic and culturally ubiquitous Taylor Swift era defining hits like Karma sung and referenced everywhere from Africa to Antarctica along with Billie Jean and Like a Virgin. It pulls more streams than those right? Still waiting :bird:

Edited by Jay07

1 minute ago, Jay07 said:

I mean, you have to read sweetie. The 99c deal was an Amazon promotion, not Gaga. Meanwhile, everyone is doing variants but no one is doing 34 of them. The desperation is palpable :coffee:

And the 34 variants were a UMG promotion, not Taylor. 

No one is selling thongs for more album sales either, or pushing the first week sales of their album with ticket bundles to a postponed tour or shipping copies of an album prior its release date so it can qualify for Grammys. The desperation is palpable :coffee:

Well since the numbers are so good an not manipulated by an obsessive, BTS-like fanbase, I can't wait to hear the iconic and culturally ubiquitous Taylor Swift era defining hits sung and referenced everywhere from Africa to Antarctica along with Billie Jean and Like a Virgin. Still waiting :bird:

Still waiting… from your basement? :bird:

I'm afraid the global Spotify stats are a better indicator of what's being listened to from Africa to Antarctica than what a single person can perceive. :bird:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Feanor said:

And the 34 variants were a UMG promotion, not Taylor. 

No one is selling thongs for more album sales either, or pushing the first week sales of their album with ticket bundles to a postponed tour or shipping copies of an album prior its release date so it can qualify for Grammys. The desperation is palpable :coffee:

Still waiting… from your basement? :bird:

I'm afraid the global Spotify stats are a better indicator of what's being listened to from Africa to Antarctica than what a single person can perceive. :bird:

Oof you're really perched on these replies, I can't keep up. 

I'm not sure where you were but merch bundles and ticket packages were a thing for all artists back then. In fact I see Taylor is ALSO doing that by selling keychains, stickers and t-shirts with her albums. She also had something called a CAT BUNDLE for Lover which included a onesie and cat stickers:bibliahh: so merch bundles AND 34 variants. Truly unsurpassed :bibliahh:

Still waiting on the iconic, ubiquitous Taylor hits on the level of Shallow being sung on singing competitions the world over. Oh wait, they'd probably be cut :bird:

Edited by Jay07

Oof you're really perched on these replies, I can't keep up. 

I'm not sure where you were but merch bundles and ticket packages were a thing for all artists back then and that's why Billboard stepped in, as opposed to pushing out approaching 50 variants which frankly, no one else could even be desperate and greedy enough to attempt. I'm glad I could teach you something today you seem like you need it :coffee:

Everyone releases variants also, and Billboard has not stepped in to do anything about it so it looks like it's not an issue for them, unlike when some sold their albums for 99 cents first week to boost sales. :coffee:

Still waiting on the iconic, ubiquitous Taylor hits on the level of Shallow being sung on singing competitions the world over. Oh wait, they'd probably be cut :bird:

The "Shallow" that's receiving fewer streams than multiple Taylor hits? Seems like it's claimed ubiquitousness doesn't quite translate into what people choose to listen to. :bird:

1 minute ago, Feanor said:

Everyone releases variants also, and Billboard has not stepped in to do anything about it so it looks like it's not an issue for them, unlike when some sold their albums for 99 cents first week to boost sales. :coffee:

The "Shallow" that's receiving fewer streams than multiple Taylor hits? Seems like it's claimed ubiquitousness doesn't quite translate into what people choose to listen to. :bird:

I'm sorry, I know you're not really a Taylor fan so you can't possibly be aware of this but you have to read my edit, a simple google search turned up that Taylor not only sold merch bundles but something called a CAT EDITION of Lover which included cat stickers and a onesie :bibliahh: oh my lord the secondhand cringe and embarrassment, you cannot possibly give grief to Gaga for jockstraps while THAT was going on :bibliahh:

Truly in a league of her own in scamming the fans. 34 variants baby :bird: no classics but certainly inventive in other ways and not everyone has that :coffee:

Just now, Jay07 said:

I'm sorry, I know you're not really a Taylor fan so you can't possibly be aware of this but you have to read my edit, a simple google search turned up that Taylor not only sold merch bundles but something called a CAT EDITION of Lover which included cat stickers and a onesie :bibliahh: oh my lord the secondhand cringe and embarrassment, you cannot possibly give grief to Gaga for jockstraps while THAT was going on :bibliahh:

Truly in a league of her own in scamming the fans. 34 variants baby :bird: 

xcept I'm not giving Gaga any grief, because just like Taylor she also engages in tactics to boost her sales and career. I'm just out here calling out your hypocrisy for coming for Taylor while going above and beyond to defend any other artist's sales-boosting strategies. :bird: 

Just now, Jay07 said:

no classics but certainly inventive in other ways and not everyone has that :coffee:

I agree, not everyone has classic songs or albums like Taylor. They are left to compete with BTS with how much their music is listened to. :coffee:

28 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

It's not about wearing wigs. It's about wearing wigs and thinking it actually means something. 

The accusers are the only ones who say that. Gaga was just being herself, it's not her fault she changed the industry with said wig. Needless to say, their faves have no actual impact with or without them.

5 minutes ago, Feanor said:

xcept I'm not giving Gaga any grief, because just like Taylor she also engages in tactics to boost her sales and career. I'm just out here calling out your hypocrisy for coming for Taylor while going above and beyond to defend any other artist's sales-boosting strategies. :bird: 

I agree, not everyone has classic songs or albums like Taylor. They are left to compete with BTS with how much their music is listened to. :coffee:

So now you're coming back to my point about everyone doing merch bundles but no one having the greed to do 34 variants. Glad we agree :bird:

Meanwhile, can you tell me which songs are bigger on streaming than Shallow? I want to see which are Taylor's influential, iconic hits :coffee:

2 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

So now you're coming back to my point about everyone doing merch bundles but no one having the greed to do 34 variants. Glad we agree 

Gaga was greedy enough to do merch bundles, ticket bundles, variants and a 99cent album. She seems to be just as greedy as Taylor, glad we can agree. :bird:

Meanwhile, can you tell me which songs are bigger on streaming than Shallow? I want to see which are Taylor's influential, iconic hits :coffee:

The Spotify Charts are available for you to browse through for any information you want on what people are listening to right now. You'll see that classic songs and albums get more daily streams than songs/albums that aren't as much of a classic. :bird:

4 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

So now you're coming back to my point about everyone doing merch bundles but no one having the greed to do 34 variants. Glad we agree :bird:

So when Cruel Summer surpasses Shallow this year on streaming (which it will), you will concede that it is a a more ~influential iconic hit~, because that is your argument currently :ryan3:

Gaga was greedy enough to do merch bundles, ticket bundles, variants and a 99cent album. She seems to be just as greedy as Taylor, glad we can agree. :bird:

The Spotify Charts are available for you to browse through for any information you want on what people are listening to right now. You'll see that classic songs and albums get more daily streams than songs/albums that aren't as much of a classic. :bird:

I see you are unable to grasp that the 99c thing wasn't her choice, understandable that you have to resort to lies to defend the 34 variants. Trump insisting the election was stolen teas. I feel for you :bird:

Smart choice avoiding to expose Taylor's nonexistent "hits". I feel for you :bird:

5 minutes ago, Headlock said:

So when Cruel Summer surpasses Shallow this year on streaming (which it will), you will concede that it is a a more ~influential iconic hit~, because that is your argument currently :ryan3:

No beloved, my entire point is that streams are easily manipulated, especially if you have cultivated a young, parasocial fandom that only exists to stream playlists of your songs on loop. Streams have absolutely no correlation to the cultural standing of a song or Anti Hero would be a more iconic, remembered hit than Like a Prayer, it's that simple. 

Just now, Jay07 said:

I see you are unable to grasp that the 99c thing wasn't her choice, understandable that you have to resort to lies to defend the 34 variants. Trump insisting the election was stolen teas. I feel for you :bird:

The copium is strong here. Must hurt to know that Gaga is employing dubious tactics just like Taylor. Maybe it'll take another Nurtec ad for you to realize it. :bird:

Just now, Jay07 said:

Smart choice avoiding to expose Taylor's nonexistent "hits". I feel for you :bird:

Where am I avoiding it? I literally told you where you can view the numbers for yourself. If you chose not to because you prefer to live in your delusional bubble reality, that's not my fault. Taylor's numbers are too vast and massive for a simple post to capture the huge range of her global success. You'll have to directly go the source for that. :bird:

8 minutes ago, Feanor said:

The copium is strong here. Must hurt to know that Gaga is employing dubious tactics just like Taylor. Maybe it'll take another Nurtec ad for you to realize it. :bird:

Where am I avoiding it? I literally told you where you can view the numbers for yourself. If you chose not to because you prefer to live in your delusional bubble reality, that's not my fault. Taylor's numbers are too vast and massive for a simple post to capture the huge range of her global success. You'll have to directly go the source for that. :bird:

How Amazon took a hit (and in the process hurt Interscope) to sell the album for 99 cents. It bought all its stock at retail price. I know you avoid the truth but here it is

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/music-news/how-lady-gagas-99-cent-197013/

Now, those 34 variants....

Cute deflection about avoiding to post Taylor's "hits". More avoidance, I'm sorry baby :bird:

Edited by Jay07

7 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Can Jay07 and Feanor just get into a DM? :skull:

This thread has been EXHAUSTED. 

Yeah you're right, this is spam. I just noticed @Feanor was perched on my posts even though I took hours to respond earlier so I figured I could give him some diversion from his life. I'll stop now.

How Amazon took a hit (and in the process hurt Interscope) to sell the album for 99 cents. It bought all its stock at retail price. I know you avoid the truth but here it is

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/music-news/how-lady-gagas-99-cent-197013/

Now, those 34 variants....

Do you mean Gaga's variants? Or thong bundles? Or ticket bundles? With how many tactics she has employed to boost her sales, it's hard to think of everything at once. :bird:

Cute deflection about avoiding to post Taylor's hits. More avoidance, I'm sorry baby :bird:

The Spotify numbers are available at your pleasure [2].

Don't Blame Me (outstreaming all but 1 Gaga song right now btw) if you don't have it in you to face the facts. :bird:

Do you mean Gaga's variants? Or thong bundles? Or ticket bundles? With how many tactics she has employed to boost her sales, it's hard to think of everything at once. :bird:

The Spotify numbers are available at your pleasure [2].

Don't Blame Me (outstreaming all but 1 Gaga song right now btw) if you don't have it in you to face the facts. :bird:

Well Gaga never had 34 variants so we both know who wins the desperation olympics and thong bundles are definitely better than cat stickers :coffee:

Don't Blame Me more iconic hit than Bad Romance confirmed. Thanks for proving my point babe :bird:

Anyway people are complaining and they're right. Hit me up on DM if you're this desperate for attention. Talk soon :bird:

• Haha 1

I'm not going to disrespect Taylor or anyone. Just let's be clear here. People here making lists and saying "check", "check", "check"

iconic outfits? Really? I had to google some of those things. Red Lips?  :priceless: Iconic is Madonna´s cone bra not random stuff.

Taylor can have a lot of fans, sold out tour, but she lost a lot of quality in my opinion, It is normal for these things to happen. 

Gaga didn't reach Taylor's heights these last few years? No, shes doing her stuff acting, but her peek was incredible, I think taylor´s fans are very young to remeber, for an amount of time, the answer is, no.

But in general, Taylor couldn't reach Gaga's heights (or MANY artists heights) in many things, you'll see, with time, many years,  we will see Taylor as a great artist with great and huge moments but not as a legend or the "music industry". I'm sure about that. 

Not sure why this is a 8 pages long thread when the answer is simple: Gaga is/was more polarizing like if you live Gaga's during 2008-2013, you would see that people got riled up over the statements and being pro-LGBT, etc and that's a testament of how HUGE she was if she got people that mad.

Taylor in other hand stayed more in her line, sticking to what she does and doing great at it and this is not bad because at the end each artist decides how to carry their career and she knew how to keep reinventing herself to stay atop.

15 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

I think Taylor having the highest grossing tour of all time, The second highest first week sales for an album in a climate in which sales are dead, Occupying the whole top 10 in the hot 100 twice, Selling 20 million units in the one calendar year only in the US… is way more impressive than anything Gaga has ever achieved.

Gaga having some smashes in one era (it's actually two eras since The Fame and TFM shouldn't be counted as one album) is not that impressive. Other female artists like Madonna, Rih or Katy have done it and have done it better than Gaga.

Can you show me where sales are dead? Adele just lost the record for highest first week sales ever last year to Stray Kids (5.5M+ in one week) and we've already had more 1M+ first weeks than any other decade.

The market has just changed dramatically. You have to release multiple variants, release multiple editions of your songs and have fans to stream you on Stationhead and you're set to be massive. This is going to easily be the biggest decade ever for music consumption because ALL consumption is now counted as album sales. If we had counted ratings, airplay, listens and views during Britney's, Gaga's, Madonna's, Mariah's, Celine's, Michael's, etc. peak, they'd all clear an extra 10M+ albums per year, too.

I agree in not comparing TF+M to records without re-releases, but most Taylor albums like Fearless (Platinum) and Folklore-on have multiple re-releases. Even her country albums would get re-issued with "International Editions." 1989 is not coming close to The Fame even when excluding TFM.

15 hours ago, itshyolee said:

This reminds of when I saw on Wikipedia years ago that 1989 sold 9 million copies worldwide, but majority of those sales came from the US.

I was shook:giraffe:

It has excellent catalog sales and is approaching 11M sales now but it's still 5M below The Fame (even when excluding TFM).

15 hours ago, elincomprendid said:

No female album has yet outdebuted folklore (and Autoplay started in like 2023) how's that possible? And even if so you really do NOT want to compare Gaga to Taylor in the pure sales department :bibliahh:

Also how is Taylor supposed to be a struggling artist in UK when Adele was the first female artist to be able to outdebut reputation in there? Which btw wasn't even Taylor's biggest debut in the country back in the day, and now ain't even top 3 as TTPD became the biggest female debut since literally 25 and the 2nd biggest debut for an american artist EVER

You combine The Fame & The Fame Monster but then try to count re-recordings as different eras for Taylor. If you are going to try to have a real argument at least be consistent on your excuses. Cause if you count re-recordings and original as separated then The Fame & The Fame Monster go separated in which case 1989 easily clears any Gaga's era (which will clearl those 2 combined soon too anyways)

OT: This is a dumb thread it could literally be done about every artist female or not but like 6 artists:deadbanana2:

Girl, Autoplay started in 2013. Discovery Mode was the hot topic of streaming in 2020 because Spotify's CEO said they'd let artists take lower royalty rates while guaranteeing them autoplay. In 2020, we saw a lot of artists get random massive boosts on Spotify. Where have you been?

European album sales to date:

Taylor Swift - 257,500

The Holiday Collection - 70,000

Fearless (Platinum) - 822,500

Speak Now - 407,500

Red - 965,000

1989 - 1,800,000

Reputation - 512,500

Lover - 282,500

The Fame - 6,765,000

Born This Way - 2,080,000

ARTPOP - 605,000

Cheek To Cheek - 235,000

Joanne - 310,000

A Star Is Born - 1,445,000

It's not news that Taylor was struggling in Europe with 1989 being her breakout hit and only massive era there pre-2020.

Complaining about The Fame + Monster counting as one record when comparing to TS is so funny. Your fave is the face of releasing a ton of variants and multiple re-releases - why would you be mad when someone else does it?

On top of that, 1989 will never touch The Fame. Poker Face sold 20M+ singles and Just Dance did 10M+. Taylor's only ever had one single sell more than 10M and that's Love Story.

4 hours ago, halcyonday said:

The Eras tour is the biggest peak for a singer EVER.

The delusion. :ahh: 21 is bigger than all of the albums released during The Eras tour combined, and 21 isn't even the biggest peak for a singer ever.

Stans always overrate their faves at their peak.

18 hours ago, OreGuy said:

what is Swift's impact? quickly.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_impact_of_Taylor_Swift

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_impact_of_Taylor_Swift

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_of_the_Eras_Tour

Y'all are SO unserious thinking that dragging Taylor's impact in 2024 is some kind of "gotcha!" moment :rip:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.