ATRL decides: Do you like Katy Perry?

Sheep

Katy or Hatey  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Katey or Hatey

• I like Katy Perry
    • I dislike Katy Perry(self-esteem issues)

Just now, RideOrDie said:

my second post was a continuation of the joke started by the user @tost1,

it has nothing to do with katy's lack of legend status, i hope that helps!

IMG_9587.thumb.gif.21c1d07e3f63753be53e5eda705dc2a2.gif

Sure hun

ot: Katy Perry legend

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• State of Grace.

• perfect blue

• halcyonday

• Sheep

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but her latest song sounds a bit boring. She has better songs

monkey-sassy.gif

Edited by Princess Aurora

I think she's a rat who deserves to suffer.

And this comes from someone who actually wanted her to succeed when she was starting to flop, but she's evil and I don't like her anymore

• Like 1

no not anymore 

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

Nope, rape apologists and Zionists repulse me :pukey:

But your username and avatar say otherwise, State of Grace.

The woman alluded to in your username has not called for a ceasefire, unlike Katy.

The woman in your avatar willingly signed to Dr. Luke's publishing company while his case with Kesha was still ongoing, unlike Katy.

And we will continue to call your hypocritical performative outrage out every time you waddle into a Katy thread to spread hate.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, RideOrDie said:

my second post was a continuation of the joke started by the user @tost1,

it has nothing to do with katy's lack of legend status, i hope that helps!

Keep my name out your mouth
I know what you about
So keep my name out your mouth (oh yeah)

BOY, DON'T CALL ME TOST1

NSlRyiZ.gif

what a bop :WAP:

• Haha 1

I don't « like » nor « dislike » her. I think she has done and said many bad bad things as a person. As an artist, I enjoy many of her songs. I'm always interested in listening to new releases from her though. 

44 minutes ago, perfect blue said:

The woman alluded to in your username has not called for a ceasefire, unlike Katy.

The woman in your avatar willingly signed to Dr. Luke's publishing company while his case with Kesha was still ongoing, unlike Katy.

And we will continue to call your hypocritical performative outrage out every time you waddle into a Katy thread to spread hate.

So what's your point? That Katy should be allowed to act like a disgusting human being because his/her fave might be one too? 

I tried to give her a chance because she is a songwriter, and I liked some of her songs.

But if we're going to be fully honest, she has nothing to offer as an artist. Not only her music is mediocre at best and glorified for its nostalgic value, her performances are also dull and empty and vocal performance is also pretty flat. That on its own is bearable, you can like a pop star for what they have. You don't ask for any deeper meaning, just a fun song to bop to and all the bells and whistles to cover up the lack of talent.

But what makes me dislike her really is her complete lack of morals, her only interest for success and money and her performative feminism and advocacy for the LGBT+. If you are going to go back to collab with an abuser, at least own to it. You believe in his innocence, then whatever. You do you. But don't declare yourself a feminist then. 

• Thanks 1

Yes.

Edit: I vote "I like Katy Perry", but I had forgotten her sexual assaults etc... Anyway.

Edited by Kékette

1 hour ago, perfect blue said:

That user also stans Gaga who is a pedophile apologist (has publicly defended R Kelly) and has also performed in Israel. 

There's no reason to argue with them. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Nope, rape apologists and Zionists repulse me :pukey:

Don't you stan… whatever :bird:

OT: yes of course!

1 minute ago, thismoment said:

That user also stans Gaga who is a pedophile apologist (has publicly defended R Kelly) and has also performed in Israel. 

There's no reason to argue with them. 

1) Gaga has publicly apologized for collaborating with R Kelly and has removed their collaboration from all streaming platforms as the bare minum sign of respect to the victims he had sexually assaulted. Katy hasn't and isn't ever going to do the same or something similar about her work with Dr Luke. instead she kept willingly colloborated 

2) I'm absolutely sure at least a good deal of your faves have peformed in Israel at least once over the years. and as for KP herself.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iH3jDPrkc0

r/Fauxmoi - Ethel Cain posts a statement and a new song called 'To The River', calling for Palestine to be freed and critiquing the American government for funding genocide.

2) katy did indeed collobarate with the certified abuser and alleged rapist of her former friend. don't even try to deny that, all you're doing is embarrass yourself.

3) hayden (the person behind the etehl cain project) has stated about her signed to Prescription Songs: 

"I was broke. I didn't do a lot of digging until way further down the line… I was literally going to the hospital because I was malnourished, and I was passing out all the time. My landlord was sending me angry texts every day because I was behind on rent. I was like, 'I need money,' and I signed. If I had my choice, I would much prefer to do business with somebody else. I'll just say that." 

she has since created her independent record label ''Daughter Of Cain'' and releases her music through. ''Daughter Of Cain'' practically operates as an imprint of  publishing company Prescription Songs but hayden is currently either waiting for her contract to end or is trying to get out of it. and she at least had the basic morals to do the bare minimum and acknlowledge how wrong of hers it was do that unlike your fave.

just a small reminder Ethel Cain is a small indie artist and KP is multi millionaire.

there was absoluty no need that drove her into working with the certified abuser and alleged rapist of her former friend

she chose it just like kim petras did

just in Katy's case it's even worse since not only is she working with an abuser but her former friend is also a victim of the abuser

your fave is truly disgusting and your excuses for her are truly pathetic

you can keep loving her music ofc but don't ever again try to justify her actions

it's pathetic

• Like 1

Running back to Dr Luke is unfortunate but if we're just talking musically then Teenage Dream was that era. Pop perfection. She's good for a throwback. 

4 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

I love her. She, Gaga and Rihanna were the ultimate pop titans and represent the best period in the history of music. It will never be as good as it was when these 3 icons were dominating.

J9jhP70.gif

I can't understand how someone who claims to be a pop music fan could dislike any of these three honestly. Three legends :jonny6:

• Like 1

You stupid Kitty Clowns already tried this in the WW thread and I ignored it because you really thought I'd be out here dragging Katy for her rape apologia if my fave was doing the same thing? :toofunny3: So I'll answer this once and for all.

a) I no longer stan Taylor (or anyone for that matter), and have criticized her silence several times.

b) Katy Perry has not called for a ceasefire. However, she has openly signed a letter in support of Biden/Israel. She has yet to withdraw her support or publicly condemn the genocide against Palestinians. Stop shamelessly lying and spreading misinformation just to feel better about stanning her.

This one is really funny. "Katy waited until the case ended so it's okay for her to work with him!"....okay  :deadbanana4:

First of all, publishing deals and signing to labels are not the same thing. She isn't singed to Kemosabe / Amigo Records. She is still an independent artist releasing her music under her own label, Daughters of Cain.

Ethel has already addressed this. She lost her job in the middle of the pandemic, she was broke, and Lil Aaron introduced her to some people working at Prescription Songs so she took the cheapest flight to LA to meet them without previously knowing that Luke owns the company. Signing allowed her to fund the making of her debut album Preacher's Daughter. Is it unfortunate? Yes. But she came out against Dr. Pig several times and is working overtime to get out of the publishing contract.

"Every person that I put her in the room with, she loved meeting them, but none of it felt authentic and true to her," said Marlee Kula, Cain's A&R executive at the company, who was responsible for setting up songwriting and studio sessions. "None of those ideas ended up making the record."

That included Cain's only meeting with Dr. Luke, a polarizing figure in the industry in light of his ongoing court battle with the singer Kesha over accusations of sexual abuse. (Cain said she didn't know he owned the company until after she signed. "I'm not Googling CEOs when I'm eating a candy bar," she said. "I was unemployed and it was a pandemic. I didn't have the option to turn down money.")

The two are unlikely to end up more intertwined. "He sent some music — God, I hope he doesn't blacklist me for saying this — but he showed me some demos and was trying to do some stuff in his studio," Cain said. "I was like, yeah, boss man, sure!"

"I went in the booth and I did some stuff," she recalled. "He was like, simplify it, simplify it, stop doing so much embellishment! But I was doing the stuff that makes my music my music. He was like, make it catchier! And I was like, OK, this sucks. This is not going to work."

Cain paused, considering her words. "Creatively, I have no need for him," she said. "But I have no need for anyone."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/11/arts/music/ethel-cain-preachers-daughter.html

Anhedönia knew who Dr. Luke was, but she says she wasn't fully aware that he ran Prescription when she first signed. "I didn't do a lot of digging until way further down the line," she says. "I was like, 'Oh.' " Once she knew, she continues, "I just decided, 'I'm here now and can't really go anywhere for a while. So I'm just going to mind my business and make my music.' But if I had my choice, I would much prefer to do business with somebody else. I'll just say that."

The Prescription Songs deal came during a desperate time for her. "I was broke," she says. "I was literally going to the hospital because I was malnourished, and I was passing out all the time. My landlord was sending me angry texts every day because I was behind on rent. I was like, 'I need money,' and I signed."

She emphasizes that she's been in charge of the creative process for everything she's released through Prescription. (Dr. Luke isn't credited on any of her songs.) For now, she's focused on finishing the next few releases she needs to fulfill her contract. "We're almost out," she says. "But yeah, if I could go back in time and do it differently, I probably wouldn't put my name on that paper."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/ethel-cain-new-music-interview-1234807712/

i'm not in the mood to deal with it and i'll speak on it largely in time when i can without facing legal recourse. i do what i can within the constraints of my deal and i'm actively working on getting out of it. if you don't like the label i'm on, imagine how i feel. (her tumblr)

Ethel is a fan of Kesha and has stanned her on multiple occasions:

Kesha herself is a fan of Ethel:

This is not the "gotcha moment" you thought it was. I'll continue whacking the rape apologist Katy Perry and you disgusting idiots can keep camping in my notifications deflecting to "X artist". It would be ideal if you would keep your rape apologia in the Woman's World thread though. We already know that you have zero morals or shame. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Not the "she broke" excuse jdjdjdj 

Anyways :ahh:

Yes, love Katy ha stupid ass! 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, Petra von Kant said:

1) Gaga has publicly apologized for collaborating with R Kelly and has removed their collaboration from all streaming platforms as the bare minum sign of respect to the victims he had sexually assaulted. Katy hasn't and isn't ever going to do the same or something similar about her work with Dr Luke. instead she kept willingly colloborated 

2) I'm absolutely sure at least a good deal of your faves have peformed in Israel at least once over the years. and as for KP herself.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iH3jDPrkc0

r/Fauxmoi - Ethel Cain posts a statement and a new song called 'To The River', calling for Palestine to be freed and critiquing the American government for funding genocide.

2) katy did indeed collobarate with the certified abuser and alleged rapist of her former friend. don't even try to deny that, all you're doing is embarrass yourself.

3) hayden (the person behind the etehl cain project) has stated about her signed to Prescription Songs: 

"I was broke. I didn't do a lot of digging until way further down the line… I was literally going to the hospital because I was malnourished, and I was passing out all the time. My landlord was sending me angry texts every day because I was behind on rent. I was like, 'I need money,' and I signed. If I had my choice, I would much prefer to do business with somebody else. I'll just say that." 

she has since created her independent record label ''Daughter Of Cain'' and releases her music through. ''Daughter Of Cain'' practically operates as an imprint of  publishing company Prescription Songs but hayden is currently either waiting for her contract to end or is trying to get out of it. and she at least had the basic morals to do the bare minimum and acknlowledge how wrong of hers it was do that unlike your fave.

just a small reminder Ethel Cain is a small indie artist and KP is multi millionaire.

there was absoluty no need that drove her into working with the certified abuser and alleged rapist of her former friend

she chose it just like kim petras did

just in Katy's case it's even worse since not only is she working with an abuser but her former friend is also a victim of the abuser

your fave is truly disgusting and your excuses for her are truly pathetic

you can keep loving her music ofc but don't ever again try to justify her actions

it's pathetic

1) Lady Gaga currently employees predator Richy Jackson. She bankrolls a predator that has

2 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

You stupid Kitty Clowns already tried this in the WW thread and I ignored it because you really thought I'd be out here dragging Katy for her rape apologia if my fave was doing the same thing? :toofunny3: So I'll answer this once and for all.

a) I no longer stan Taylor (or anyone for that matter), and have criticized her silence several times.

b) Katy Perry has not called for a ceasefire. However, she has openly signed a letter in support of Biden/Israel. She has yet to withdraw her support or publicly condemn the genocide against Palestinians. Stop shamelessly lying and spreading misinformation just to feel better about stanning her.

This one is really funny. "Katy waited until the case ended so it's okay for her to work with him!"....okay  :deadbanana4:

First of all, publishing deals and signing to labels are not the same thing. She isn't singed to Kemosabe / Amigo Records. She is still an independent artist releasing her music under her own label, Daughters of Cain.

Ethel has already addressed this. She lost her job in the middle of the pandemic, she was broke, and Lil Aaron introduced her to some people working at Prescription Songs so she took the cheapest flight to LA to meet them without previously knowing that Luke owns the company. Signing allowed her to fund the making of her debut album Preacher's Daughter. Is it unfortunate? Yes. But she came out against Dr. Pig several times and is working overtime to get out of the publishing contract.

Ethel is a fan of Kesha and has stanned her on multiple occasions:

Kesha herself is a fan of Ethel:

This is not the "gotcha moment" you thought it was. I'll continue whacking the rape apologist Katy Perry and you disgusting idiots can keep camping in my notifications deflecting to "X artist". It would be ideal if you would keep your rape apologia in the Woman's World thread though. We already know that you have zero morals or shame. :heart:

Let me stop you right there before you continue to spread misinformation. One quick google would tell you that KP has called for an immediate ceasefire. https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2024/05/29/celebrities-ceasefire-israel-hamas-war/73900113007/

Not reading the rest, you are still a hypocrite that is weaponizing SA to fuel your petty little stan agenda.

1 minute ago, halcyonday said:

Not the "she broke" excuse jdjdjdj 

Anyways :ahh:

Yes, love Katy ha stupid ass! 

So much for "Katy is wrong and deserves the lashings". It's good to see your mask finally falling though! 

• Thumbs Down 1

For me Katy Perry is a proof that you can get away with everything as long as you make pop music for gays that is succesful. Let's see what happens with all the PR threads once WW flops. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.