Unpopular Opinion: Glory is Britney's worst album

Josh

Excluding the fact that Myah Jean even exists; imo Glory isn't really that good of an album it has some solid songs like:

• Mood Ring
  • Do You Wanna Come Over?
  • Change Your Mind
  • Better
  • Just Luv Me
  • Slumber Party

But it also has some stinkers like

• Private Show
  • Just Like Me
  • Make Me... (this is such a bad choice for a lead, no one wants a midtempo Britney single)

Now after the epic failure that Myah Jean does "Glory" sound amazing? Yeah, but compared to her iconic albums from BOMT to Blackout to Femme Fatale; it's subpar in comparison. 

But Glory just felt like a mash up of Selena and Ariana rejects. Britney barely has any songs on Glory that sound like they can only be sung by Britney.  Private Show is quite honestly the worst song of her career I'd rather listen to Manjobi 

Edited by Josh
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9
  • Thumbs Down 21

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Josh

• dirrtydiana

• WhateverYouWant

• Mr. Mendes

Top Posters In This Topic

Private Show alone is the worst song of all time with the worst vocal performance known to mankind.

This alone justifies that you are indeed correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

I mean, you're right. It's got some solid songs on it but two of them we had to wait years to get on streaming. That said… BJ still exists…

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, loveisdead9582 said:

I mean, you're right. It's got some solid songs on it but two of them we had to wait years to get on streaming. That said… BJ still exists…

Yeah but Britney isn't even singing on Britney Jean except for Perfume so I didn't include it

I wouldn't say her worst but I've always found it to be extremely overrated within the base. It sounds very dated and not in a kind of charmingly nostalgic way. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, rebeltwat said:

I wouldn't say her worst but I've always found it to be extremely overrated within the base. It sounds very dated and not in a kind of charmingly nostalgic way. 

Do you think Glory would be as praised it was if it came before Britney Jean like after Femme Fatale?

Unpopular? Maybe not the worst but it's close to Britney Jean level for me.

Edit:

Ntm on Private Show tho

Edited by LittleCupid
Private Show praise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

it aged like milk. i enjoyed it at the time but her putting justin/julia in charge of the album with their typical selena gomez midtempo style is just so of its time now and listening back it didn't fit britney that well. it does have some gems like MOTM and Liar tho

it kinda feels more dated than Femme Fatale :rip: 

Edited by Scandalous
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

I view Glory in the same way I view Xtina's Liberation: they're both albums that prove they can still make good music after reaching their nadir (BJ and Lotus), but they're far from being either of their best albums.

I think my biggest problem with Glory is that it feels too much like ITZ in the sense that it's an eclectic album that leans heavily toward sexy mid tempo jams. I actually like Make Me and I enjoy songs like Man On The Moon, Slumber Party, and the deluxe tracks, but most of the album is all very been there, done that. She doesn't try anything new and that's its biggest downfall. 

EDIT: But yes, Private Show is one of her worst songs ever :skull:

Edited by BraveNewSeth
  • Like 3

Glory is a good album, BJ is the worst. 

35 minutes ago, A-V-XYZ said:

Popular opinion: Nearly all of Britney's albums are bad.

Not this dupe Xtina fan account speaking when your fave can't even sing in English in her last album. :ahh:

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Private show would've been a GREAT song if sung by beyonce xtina I can also kinda hear Rihanna on it but not as good as the first two . It just didn't work with voice

i do like better, liar, love me down (should've been first single) and slumber party remix. 

Imo this album is forgettable compared to other Britney albums. Just now god awful as BJ

2 minutes ago, leyaris11 said:

Glory is a good album, BJ is the worst. 

Not this dupe Xtina fan account speaking when your fave can't even sing in English in her last album. :ahh:

I would hope Christina didn't sing in English on a Spanish album. Kinda the point of a Spanish album…

• Haha 13

39 minutes ago, A-V-XYZ said:

Popular opinion: Nearly all of Britney's albums are bad.

well yes!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 7

1 minute ago, Mtjjproducer said:

I would hope Christina didn't sing in English on a Spanish album. Kinda the point of a Spanish album…

Do you think Xtina should sing in Chinese next, there are huge market in China with 2 billions people or what language do you wish legend x sing next, handsome? :bird:

BJ is still there

But I get it. It was very cohesive at the time I guess that's why people like it. But it sounds very of its time now and with no real replay value nowadays. 

Still I like it more than other albums from her.

Similar to you I pretend Britney Jean doesn't exist so yeah. A lot of it is weak material and her other albums have collectively much higher highs. Man on the Moon is in my top 10 of Britney songs, though.

1 minute ago, lillavend3r said:

It has "Do You Wanna Come Over?" So no.

Wait I forgot about this, lemme go stream that classic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This would imply that 'Glory' is worse than 'Britney Jean' and '...Baby One More Time', but those albums are atrocious :rip:

'Glory' is my favorite, but not her best indeed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.