HDD: Taylor #1, Megan #3, Camila #11

Squall

1 hour ago, Exodus said:

Yikes. Imagine the amount of money sunk into a Playboi Carti, Lil' Nas X and Drake collab for this rate of return.

Lil Nas is a big flop now so it's not like he could help that much

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Popboi.

• Green

• fridayteenage

• family.guy123

1 hour ago, Popboi. said:

Taylor, Zach, Eminem and maybe Sabrina will keep #1 busy long enough for Morgan not to return.

Is it true that Zach is releasing his album on a Thursday? He will ruin his chances to debut at #1  :deadbanana:

TTPD's stability :clap3:

I'm surprised that much many pure copies are still selling.

4 minutes ago, Green said:

Is it true that Zach is releasing his album on a Thursday? He will ruin his chances to debut at #1  :deadbanana:

His numbers will be huge outside day 1 so it's fine for him

Camilla did also go through a complete image overhaul. I'm actually surprised she's projected to do over 30k. Was expecting 18k. 

Still haven't listened to the album, from the comments in her album thread, it doesn't appear to be in the same direction as the singles and her albums have almost always been a hard pass for me.

3 hours ago, Rotunda said:

Megan's not too far off from Doja, and without a PTTR sized hit.

Please don't remind me of how Doja fumbled this era :dies:

2 hours ago, tjspy said:

Now why is Morgan sitting at #2 

Cause you're not streaming MEGAN :foxaylove2:

1 hour ago, punisher said:

Meg will hopefully rise, she's doing 18k pure meanwhile traumazine did 8k

I have a hard time believing traumazine did more SEA

Im saying, how can she do double in albums but basically the same in streams?

Taylor continues to dominate effortlessly. I wonder if this will be her last week at #1 though as Zach Bryan will be coming strong this week.

Megan's numbers are quite decent.

Camila's numbers are sadly very terrible, but at least she has a top 20 placement. 

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, Pink Whitney said:

Makes literally 0 sense :rip: & I remember when it was first annoucned people thought it was the album, she really fumbled that 

Literally same :rip: I was about to buy 6

Spoiler

I bought 0 when I realized

To put some perspective onto how massive TTPD 11th week is, it'll be the first female album since her own 1989 to have more than 10 weeks at #1. 1989 was released 10 years ago :bibliahh:

This also will make it the first female album of the streaming era to surpass 10 weeks :gaylorcat1:

Another interesting perspective...

Female artists with the most weeks at #1 during the streaming era

Taylor Swift - 53 (+1)
Adele - 16
---- TTPD -----
SZA - 10
---- folklore -----

Ariana Grande - 7
---- 1989 TV ----
---- Midnights ----
Lady Gaga - 6
Billie Eilish - 6
Olivia Rodrigo - 6

---- reputation ----

---- evermore ----

Beyonce - 4

• Like 4

2 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

Did she

:suburban:

Yeah, I don't keep up with her stats, but living between the US and Mexico during those two eras and she was becoming inescapable, moreso than other older MPG's. Her branding just fell off hard and this album wasn't good enough to help it recover.

This actually is decent for Camila. I'm shocked. I didn't think she would surpass Familia due to Familia having Bam Bam.

1 hour ago, TiaTamera said:

Im saying, how can she do double in albums but basically the same in streams?

Because of 1501, they never pushed for physical releases. I don't even think Traumazine has a vinyl and the CD looked cheap. Now that she's independent her team is doing a much better job with physicals. 

I had not even realized that Imagine Dragons was not even debuting top 20 :rip:

Not surprised since the singles didn't really connect (but neither did Mercury's at the time of release, and that still hit top 10). I guess this time around haivng such a short album hurt their SEA. Their career is fascinating, they get one hit era and then a flop then a hit again. But even in most flop eras they get at least a hit.

Night Visions - Radioactive, Demons, It's Time, On Top of the World

Smoke + Mirrors - This is kind of their floppiest album/era. Not a big hit although Warriors and Shots (including remix) have good streams.

Evolve - Believer, Thunder, Whatever It Takes

Origins - Natural, Bad Liar

Mercury - Enemy, Bones

This era though, I don't see it having a hit (although "Nice to Meet You" deserves).

As for Camila, I mean it could've been more disastrous. But it is a flop or at best an underperformance. Sure she does not have a "Latin" hit this time but it's still not an "experimental" album as her fans claim it to be, it's just a recycled sound that some other artist have already done. And obviously they wanted a couple of hits, you don't get two of the hottest rappers for nothing. I tried to get into it but her voice has always been, ummm, special and it is unberable in most of the tracks. Poor girl, those allegations will haunt her forever and I feel like a lot of people thought of her new image as inuanthentic... she should've tested the waters first with some collabs.

Finally Megan, I would love if she can keep increasing her streams and snag the #2. Hot Otaku Girl is a bop!

28 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Shocked with Camila's numbers. How is she pulling this much when absolutely no one cares about her and she hasn't had a hit in ages?

Bam Bam did well. It's at 915 million streams on Spotify 

3 hours ago, Ms.cleo said:

Right! As much as they use her to clown other artists, her ass should've been in the top 3 at the very least. 

If a Drake assist couldn't help you then it's time to accept that you won't be getting back where you used to be. 

I don't think a Drake feature counts for as much now as it would have even like two months ago, to be fair

The most shocking part is not Camila's debut, but the absence of Imagine Dragons. I thought the longevity for a rock or alternative act could be decent…

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.