You now have to show ID to enter a library in Idaho

Horizon Flame

Good, US needs it if they aren't willing to do gun control.

Can't imagine not going to borrow books when I was 14, thank god I live where I live although it's not the best.

• Confused 1

Just take the library card or photo iD

• Thumbs Down 1

It's weird that there are people who see this and think hell yeah, especially coming from the freedom enthusiasts

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, xokuba said:

Good, US needs it if they aren't willing to do gun control.

Can't imagine not going to borrow books when I was 14, thank god I live where I live although it's not the best.

This has nothing to do with gun control. It's in response to the ambiguity of a recent law allowing anyone to challenge library material they deem questionable for children, passed by the Republican-led state legislature.

• Like 2

You think people in North Korea are allowed to freely browse a library where materials haven't been vetted? NO!

This is just another step into keeping people uneducated and complacent so that when it's time to install a Republican KKKing, people will be like "Yea, seems legit."

The land of Freedom.

Wright explained that while the library's internet already has *****graphy blockers, minors could potentially access what the new legislation might define as harmful. For instance, a part of the definition for nudity includes "buttocks with less than a full opaque covering." So, a picture of a swimsuit might still ride a little too high, Wright said.

Another concern that has come up from legislation is whether depictions of homosexuality would be considered harmful. Under the definition of sexual conduct, which can be considered harmful, the definition includes homosexuality.

https://www.postregister.com/news/local/libraries-address-idaho-law-policing-content/article_c5f7d344-3577-11ef-9b7b-b3550a40cc94.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.