Marianne Williamson re-relaunches campaign following Biden debate

GraceRandolph

1 minute ago, getBusy said:

Only 4 people took this woman seriously last time. 

That's what y'all said about Trump in 2015. 

6 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

The Democratic Party suppressed any opposition to coronating Biden. Please stop. :rip: 

we(speaking collectively and not about me and you) could have done a lot more to make it known that we don't want him anywhere near office. same for people on the other side of the political spectrum too who as far as i can tell are widely opposed to another four years of turnip like we are with genocide joe

for every election that i can personally remember the party a candidate hard and early with minimal opposition from the people 

Edited by Sheep

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

That's what y'all said about Trump in 2015. 

How are those things even related?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, getBusy said:

How are those things even related?

The Democrats continue to make assumptions about the electorate and what they will want and it's clear they are out of step. Trump is popular among republicans while Hillary failed and Biden is now failing. I'd take a wild card over whatever the blob wants atp. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Heal the world from war and hatred, Mother :jonny:

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Sorry, but we can't give up. Biden cannot win at this point and it's highly debatable whether he has it in him to campaign against Trump. It's very possible for Dems to raise the profile of a candidate in time for November who has a shot at defeating Trump. Plenty of countries have shorter election cycles. 

I'm aware, but most other countries you're likely eluding to have a parliamentary system where parties come, go, and adapt.

The United States is not that country. And so, I repeat... Biden, Trump, abstain. Putting your faith in a random third person five months out from election day will get you nowhere.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

I'm aware, but most other countries you're likely eluding to have a parliamentary system where parties come, go, and adapt.

The United States is not that country. And so, I repeat... Biden, Trump, abstain. Putting your faith in a random third person five months out from election day will get you nowhere.

7/10 Americans don't believe Biden has the mental fitness to be POTUS, he's trailing in every swing state and declining in blue states. Down ballot Dems are distancing themselves from him. If you can't see the liability then I don't know what to tell you. You're just wrong. You need to wake up. 

she's so funny! I love her lol

also guys what is her accent? It's unique AF lol

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

The Democratic Party suppressed any opposition to coronating Biden. Please stop. :rip: 

Their name is Sheep they can't stop unfortunately :-/ if the Democratic wanted to put their entire machine behind Marianne she could probably do a much better job come election than Biden ever could. They are currently pushing all their power on a candidate that actively sabotages his own campaign just by still being alive, but the truth is the Democratic party fears progressive candidates like Bernie or Marianne far more than it fears a Trump presidency. Wish I lived in the universe where Marianne could run with the support of a political that isn't corrupt

4 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

The Democrats continue to make assumptions about the electorate and what they will want and it's clear they are out of step. Trump is popular among republicans while Hillary failed and Biden is now failing. I'd take a wild card over whatever the blob wants atp. 

The point i was trying to make is that she already ran in 2020 and didn't really get much attention. 

I agree that the DNC make assumptions, I just think this woman already gave this a try and people wasn't feeling her. 

14 minutes ago, getBusy said:

The point i was trying to make is that she already ran in 2020 and didn't really get much attention. 

I agree that the DNC make assumptions, I just think this woman already gave this a try and people wasn't feeling her. 

She was the most googled candidate in 49/50 states following her debate... Once she is in contention to be the nominee she'll get plenty of attention.

girl you're an idiot and you lost, you're not winning **** give it up

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

If you can't see the liability then I don't know what to tell you. You're just wrong. You need to wake up. 

And if you can't see the liability in trying to shoehorn some virtually unknown candidate five months before an election, then I don't know what to tell you. You need to grow up.

8 hours ago, Sergi91 said:

These third party candidates are the adults "pick me" girls. 
:suburban:

She's not third party nor is she trying to run as a 3rd party candidate. She wants an open convention (like many other democrats) where Biden drops out and the delegates get to pick a candidate and since she's gained more than 500,000 votes this year she has every right to put her hat in the ring. There would be many other democrats also campaigning for the votes. 

Edited by Danny789

On 7/2/2024 at 3:41 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Sorry, but we can't give up. Biden cannot win at this point and it's highly debatable whether he has it in him to campaign against Trump. It's very possible for Dems to raise the profile of a candidate in time for November who has a shot at defeating Trump. Plenty of countries have shorter election cycles. 

This isn't really our how system works, though. It's too late for this. The time to have this conversation would've been end of last year or start of this year. We're way too close to the election to doing this now. 

The fact of the matter is, there isn't another actual option available other than Kamala Harris who stands a much worse chance at winning than Biden does. The way the Democrats have operated for the last decade has made it to where the whole party surrounds a couple of specific personalities and they've put all of their eggs in that basket. We don't have any viable alternatives at the moment, and four months is not near enough time to get a no-name raised so far up that they could win an election. 

You can't compare other countries and their cycles to ours because there's no other country in the world who runs their political machines like we do, and there's no other electorate in the world that is as finicky as we are. 

Where we are now is there's a chance we lose if Biden stays on the ticket. There's a 100% guarantee we lose if he isn't. The American public has not ever and will not ever throw their support behind someone they do not know or that they perceive as inexperienced. Even if the person they would pick to replace has a long and illustrious record, if there's no name brand recognition there, they're dead in the water. 4 months isn't enough to build someone's platform like that. 

There's a reason candidates begin campaigning 1-2 years out from an election. 

I don't necessarily blame you for wanting something different than what you've got. I do too. But you've got to understand how this system works first. I appreciate your idealism, but the stances you've taken as of late kind of demonstrate that you don't really have a grasp on the realities of the American political machine and don't see how what you want and hope for isn't really doable at present. That's not to say what you want is bad, it just isn't possible currently. 

Edited by Mr. Mendes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.