Toronto's tragic traffic causes Niall to walk to his own concert

SoldierofLove

The Irish singer and former One Direction member was making a stop in Toronto for his The Show tour on June 28 and 29 when he did something he has never done before.

Just a few kilometers away from Scotiabank Arena, Horan decided to ditch the gridlock under the Gardiner Expressway that was causing him a long wait probably and walk the remainder of the way.

"Traffic's too crazy in Toronto, so I'm walking to the venue," he said in the video, setting off to the tune of his parody version of The Proclaimers' classic I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles).

https://nowtoronto.com/news/traffics-too-crazy-in-toronto-so-im-walking-to-the-venue-former-one-direction-singer-niall-horan-forced-to-walk-to-his-own-concert/

What a mess :deadbanana:

Will Taylor be walking to her own shows in Toronto, or will she fly in? Rogers Centre does have a retractable roof.  :ryan3:

• Like 1

As a Torontonian, this is so real. Our congestion is INSANE. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This isn't that uncommon. 

I met Marina before a Vancouver show years ago because she was walking from her tour bus which was parked many blocks away from the venue lol

Im not surprised, how embarrassing for us 

We have way too many cars on earth - it's honestly absolutely tragic how car dependent travel on earth has become - making populated areas an absolute ugly gridlocked nightmare to lead to headaches like this . And if the cars aren't traveling, they're making public spaces uglier when they're all filled with parked cars. 

• Thanks 5

The problem is with Toronto and all over the freaking GTA is there is way too much damn construction. They take a long ass time to finish. 

I don't blame Niall for walking ot his own concert. Construction is RIDICULOUS!

2 hours ago, Assassin said:

he can't afford a chopper, I see.

It's only a few streets :rip:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, katymysassqueen said:

The problem is with Toronto and all over the freaking GTA is there is way too much damn construction. They take a long ass time to finish. 

I don't blame Niall for walking ot his own concert. Construction is RIDICULOUS!

Construction isn't the problem, car dependency is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wait, he's playing an arena? and I just saw on his IG that he also played Madison Squre Garden. wow im shook that he's able to have an arena tour, good for him

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

let me carry you next time, daddy :keir:

43 minutes ago, Azulito said:

Construction isn't the problem, car dependency is.

There is no other option when public transit in Toronto barely functions.

22 hours ago, DammnBaby said:

There is no other option when public transit in Toronto barely functions.

I live in High Park and work in the Distillery. Takes me an HOUR+ on the streetcar to get to work, but I just started biking and I can be there in 20-25 minutes on a nice day by just biking all along Lakeshore. Crazy.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2024 at 6:35 PM, Pikachoo said:

wait, he's playing an arena? and I just saw on his IG that he also played Madison Squre Garden. wow im shook that he's able to have an arena tour, good for him

He's doing over 80 arenas and amphitheaters for this tour.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.