Roar certified 15x Platinum in the US

Green

3 hours ago, Green said:

I believe it's the highest certified single by a female artist in the US.

2 hours ago, bielneira said:

It surpassed "Royals" and "All I Want For Christmas Is You" as the highest certified solo female song in the US, didn't it?

Not for long

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9520ddnz63jifyr27rnuanz3jze8kc61i8r05md5anu&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Looks like she's certifying 3 stats per day till July 11th.

July 1st:

Teenage Dream (Album) - 10x

Teenage Dream (Song) - 10x

ET - 10x

July 2nd:

Smile (Album) - Gold

Smile (Song) - Gold

Roar - 15x

I think Hot N Cold Diamond & LFN Diamond is coming.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VioletsandRoses said:

The YouTube views came through. I Kissed a Girl and HNC deserved instead. 

PF sold more digital and has more on demand streams in a worse climate. The kids watching the mv is what made it reach this if we're being honest. Plus this is just US. WW she has Bad Romance, Poker Face, Shallow and even BTW outside the Anglo world. 

BTW & Shallow are not bigger hits Globally than Roar, bffr. :rip: You can make a case for PF & BR, but those two, absolutely not.

4 hours ago, bielneira said:

It surpassed "Royals" and "All I Want For Christmas Is You" as the highest certified solo female song in the US, didn't it?

The way Royals and Roar are up against AIWFCIY and PITUSA despite getting no push from events (Christmas and July 4th) is crazy. What two monsters hits :soda: 

• Like 3

This song is literally the reason I found out about ATRL. It will always hold a special place in my heart, and it reminds me of some difficult times back then. :heart2:

14 minutes ago, thatsmydemi said:

The way Royals and Roar are up against AIWFCIY and PITUSA despite getting no push from events (Christmas and July 4th) is crazy. What two monsters hits :soda: 

Exactly! And Lorde is not even American like the other three.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.