Whoopi Goldberg disappointed by memoir flopping, disappointing sales

SoldierofLove

I love Whoopi as an actress, but I think it's time for her to leave The View. She's had a great run being on there for close to 15 years. 

• Like 1

As others have said, she's kinda erased her legacy being a mess on that trite little show. She should have been slaying left and right with art house movies and blockbusters. She has the name recognition to have people interested in her story, but she's basically alienated her audience, especially those of us who were little kids when she was still slaying. :celestial5:

• Like 1

The View has taken over as her main legacy rn. It's huge and awesome that a black woman is the face and driving force of The View, but she should be acting again. 

Raven knew, she was offered a permanent spot on The View because of the ratings she brought in, but it also began to hurt the rest of her career so she left and began Ravens Home and is doing great. 

LOL. Whoopi's tea is already out there. Who's interested in her perspective?

I'm surprised her show isn't promoting it for her.

I wonder if there was just not much promotion for this outside of The View. Perhaps the GP doesn't even know this even exists. I have not read it so I don't know what's in it, but unless there are some shocking or scandalous revelations in there, it might just not be something people are interested in. 

EDITED TO ADD:
I am a medium sized fan of Whoopi and I did not know she had this book out currently. 

Edited by discosean
  • Thumbs Down 1

If she'd just staying doing acting she'd be beloved but she's associated with the trashy View brand now.

15 hours ago, Mandalore said:

That talk show she's on really hurt and cheapened her brand imo. 

Agreed.

Whoopie was considered a cool cat and an icon when she was a comedian slash movie star back in the day.

Had many memorable roles in classic hits.

Her transition to a cynical daily daytime TV curmudgeon has not been good for her brand.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Afterglow said:

The View has taken over as her main legacy rn. It's huge and awesome that a black woman is the face and driving force of The View, but she should be acting again. 

Raven knew, she was offered a permanent spot on The View because of the ratings she brought in, but it also began to hurt the rest of her career so she left and began Ravens Home and is doing great. 

The view was never taken seriously :rip:

Most of the time the women are screaming over each other to prove their own standpoint. It's nothing more than a meme worthy source. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.