Whoopi Goldberg disappointed by memoir flopping, disappointing sales

SoldierofLove

Whoops! The View cohost Whoopi Goldberg is crushed her carefully crafted memoir has bombed spectacularly.

"Despite a whirlwind of publicity, the book has shockingly landed at number 800 on the bestseller list after just a few weeks," a source exclusively tells Closer of her book Bits and Pieces: My Mother, My Brother, and Me, which was released in May.

"Whoopi is devastated by the flop, questioning how such a high-profile release could fall so flat," adds the insider.

"She thought she'd be as successful as Prince Harryand Britney Spears and even hoped it would be turned into a movie — but that's unlikely to happen after such disappointing sales!"

https://www.closerweekly.com/posts/whoopi-goldberg-is-devastated-after-her-memoir-flops/

:chick3:

Has anyone read it? Is it good? 

• Haha 12
  • Confused 1

I had no idea she had a memoir out, did her team not send juicy pieces to the press?

Whoopi's been here for so long I'm sure there's tea in that book :rip:

• Like 9

it doesn't help that her time on the view has made her so polarising to her target audience but even then a memoir is hard to sell without some tea and whoopi is kind of boring 

• Like 3

Aw that's sad huh. If you only wanna work four hours a week, it's gonna be harder for you to sell your book.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

That talk show she's on really hurt and cheapened her brand imo. It's so tacky and borderline crazy sometimes. Shame because I love her as an actress.

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 8

i had no idea she had one out? where were the headlines to promote it?

21 minutes ago, Scandalous said:

i had no idea she had one out? where were the headlines to promote it?

41 minutes ago, Kavish said:

Bits and Pieces: My Mother, My Brother, and Me

I wouldn't buy a book with that title either.

1655767898-e6d47b65-b9ec-4577-8a7b-93ef7

56 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

I had no idea she had a memoir out, did her team not send juicy pieces to the press?

Whoopi's been here for so long I'm sure there's tea in that book :rip:

The marketing team has dropped the ball apparently 

39 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

That talk show she's on really hurt and cheapened her brand imo. It's so tacky and borderline crazy sometimes. Shame because I love her as an actress.

The recent controversy where she had to "take a break" didn't help matters either.

Even if there are new revelations in the book it doesn't feel like that with her being on a morning talk show every day - it feels like she's already said everything that's needed to have been said.

• Like 2

she's a nasty old woman, who only cares about herself. of course no one wants to hear what she has to say

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

She became too polarizing on the View so it's not shocking that it reflected on this.

Also the fact that she had such a huge expectations so the book would sell as good as Harry's or Britney's :rip: 

• Like 1

I feel bad for her. Now she's gonna have to get a real job like a commoner. :weeps:

From believing that the Holocaust was about two groups of white people to how it's apparently a huge problem for her that younger generations aren't having kids, every thought I hear from her is aggravating and brainless.

I'm not compelled to read a whole book of THAT, thanks. :suburban:

As others have already said, her legacy is irreparably damaged. A memoir may have been successful in 2005, but who's going to buy your book when all you've made headlines for since the turn of the millennium is repeatedly speaking out of turn and saying the wrong thing at the wrong time? You can't get away with it nowadays, and unfortunately it's even worse for those with a great preexisting legacy and worse still for people of colour. People want to like Whoopi because she's done some really great work, but it's difficult when she hops on air with a bunch of aging has-beens and makes short-sighted and contrarian comments about the holocaust and rape victims. Sorry, Caryn.

• Like 1

The title is tragic and I had no idea she had a book out. Not even Bob (The Drag Queen) talked about this 

Does she spill tea about her being a part of Disney California Adventure's Superstar Limo? If no, then no sales.

image-36.jpeg 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.