I just revisited The Fame album and it's weak. Agreed?

Comedor

10 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I don't like to be agressive but I'm sick of seeing her disrespected on this website by people who just jump around to stan whoever is hot at the moment

It's crazy because the OGHs will just say anything at this point… she can't make a solid album, she's only carried by a few singles, she isn't a visionary, etc. and yet Gaga continues to be respected by her peers and GP. But yeah, somehow since only 4 songs from her first album became world wide hits it's a failure and weak like ATRLers could make an album better and more successful than she did in their sleep.

Edited by TedLasso
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julia Fox

• SweetOreosOfHeaven

• mrpartyrocker

• Kimi

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

"she isn't the visionary you think she is" meanwhile she almost single-handedly changed the direction of pop music (sound, concept, fan interaction and so on and so forth) 

all that with an avi of someone who just got her first hit by reheating the same Doja Cat song everyone and their mothers have been releasing for the past 4 years 

She was the first mainstream act but she stole a lot from indie acts from the UK and Madonna and was the one that put it on the map but she wasn't the creative mind and the first one to do it so stop putting her on a pedestal where she doesn't belong. It's been knew she copied Roisin, Goldfrapp and Kerli sounds and copied Madonna melodies and that have been proven.

She clearly is a marketing genius (or her team at that time like idk) but that's it. When she really tried to be the REAL first artists to do something was with ARTPOP and she failed miserably let's be honest.

7 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I don't like to be agressive but I'm sick of seeing her disrespected on this website by people who just jump around to stan whoever is hot at the moment

girl you being aggressive just because of a comment I did that wasn't even hating on her says a lot about your temper so don't play the card that you don't like to be because you seemingly are. Also I'm not jumping to Stan anyone, I have been a Sabrina fan for years so don't put in that box with those fake stans that every pop girl had. Do you remember when a lot of people jump off the Gaga ship when ARTPOP came out? Well I'm not like them so stop finding arguments to prove you are aggressive and can't stand other people opinions. I was very respectful but you just had to lost it all. You clearly get stuck on that delusional phase of the Liddos when they were accusing anyone of copying Gaga and celebrating every move from her, please move on

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 8

2 minutes ago, TedLasso said:

It's crazy because the OGHs will just say anything at this point… she can't make a solid album, she's only carried by a few singles, she isn't a visionary, etc. and yet Gaga continues to be respected by her peers and GP. But yeah, somehow since only 4 songs from her first album became world wide hits it's a failure and weak like ATRLers could make an album better and more successful than she did in their sleep.

I'm not an OGH I stanned hard during BTW era. Not because I have said something no positive about her I'm a hater like WTF 

• Thumbs Down 1

no, it's not her best, not top 3 but it's still like a solid 7/10. singles are stellar, deep cuts go from good to forgettable. But to call it weak? Nope.

Well yes, about half of it is golden and the other is very mid glam rock inspired pop (Boys Boys Boys, Money Honey, Summerboy) which would not have launched Gaga into superstardom if they had been the singles.

HOWEVER you know damn well The Fame Monster and Born this Way are bulletproof and would be universally acclaimed if they were released in the age of poptimism which makes Swifties breaking a heel to rush in here and run their mouths over LADY GAGA even more hilarious considering their fave releases one good album for every four terrible ones and can't find the note if she was staring it in the face. 

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 4

Singles are all digestible. It's definitely an album of it's time just like TD screams 2010-12, TF+M screams 08-10.

In general the generic music of 2010s had a very typical style that sticks out nowdays. It's much easier to tell a song from TD or TFM than Prism when it comes to timing. Dark Horse in particular can pass as a 2020s song while Just Dance much less so.

It does not make the album bad, just different.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

Well yes, about half of it is golden and the other is very mid glam rock inspired pop (Boys Boys Boys, Money Honey, Summerboy) which would not have launched Gaga into superstardom if they had been the singles.

HOWEVER you know damn well The Fame Monster and Born this Way are bulletproof and would be universally acclaimed if they were released in the age of poptimism which makes Swifties breaking a heel to rush in here and run their mouths over LADY ******* GAGA even more hilarious considering their fave releases one good album for every four **** ones and can't find the note it was staring her in the face. 

the funny thing is that out any fandom you would think swifties understand poptimism and how it impacted scores since:

Debut - 67

Fearless - 73

Speak Now - 77

Red - 77

1989 - 76

Reputation - 71

all lower than tfm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

No, I've always thought that there's no skips on The Fame. I actually enjoy the deep cuts more nowadays than the singles since they're not so overplayed. 

• Like 4

The era is iconic but the album was carried by its singles. I used to love it but it aged poorly and it's hard to listen outside of the singles.

Quite the opposite for me. Every time I revisit after a while I realize how good it was and why it took the world by storm. The album tracks are lovely. I Like It Rough's bridge alone... whew!

it could benefit from a remastered production for sure, the songs themselves are ok, the singles are obviously super iconic

Well all of Gaga's discography (sans Born This Way) is weak imo

But also it's funny how raged up LMs get about the least critical opinions about their fav but will also be the most loud and annoying induviduals on threads about other pop girls :rip:

• Thumbs Down 3

Oh wow, strongly disagree.

The only song on it that warrants a skip from me is Eh Eh. The rest is pretty much audio gold, gives me a taste of everything I wanna hear and more from it.

Some non-single highlights for me are definitely I Like It Rough and Disco Heaven.

Its a shame this album never quite made it to the top spot, it deserved it.

I think the singles of that whole era are pretty bulletproof and some of the album tracks I've heard are pretty solid too. I wasn't ever a huge fan of Gaga outside liking a few songs here and there but as I get older and time passes by I appreciate what she offered because the uninspired music the industry hypes up right now is pretty laughable in comparison. Sure it has some skips and she may have lost her creative spark over the years but that doesn't erase some of the best hooks/melodies to come out from that era of pop music. 

Edited by bad guy

If we compare it to TFM, then yes...

Yeah I don't know why people praise The Fame, it sucks. The Fame Monster is better, but not much. At least TFM has Dance in the Dark and Monster. DITD definitely deserves so much more streams, how is it the least streamed off this album?????

yes but it has some of her best non-singles I Like It Rough, Summerboy & Paper Gangsta

• ATRL Moderator

No, still one of my favorite Gaga albums. I would gladly take it over many of her later works.

8 hours ago, FolkLover1989 said:

Gaga has no universally praised album that is liked well by GP or critics. 

She just had some great singles back in the day and still on that gimmick

Every other mpg atleast has one album that is praised by everyone 

20230730_182603.thumb.jpg.649021186e4422

anyways

The Fame/The Fame Monster are both heralded as essential albums that spurred the seismic shift in pop culture from 2008-2010.

6 hours ago, Kimi said:

the funny thing is that out any fandom you would think swifties understand poptimism and how it impacted scores since:

Debut - 67

Fearless - 73

Speak Now - 77

Red - 77

1989 - 76

Reputation - 71

all lower than tfm.

Oh WOW now this is the type of post that keeps me coming back to this cult site. You slammed the receipts down so hard on the counter that the marble finish cracked and everyone in the room turned their heads. WOOO :bibliahh:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.