Bebe Rexha melts down, threatens to expose the industry

Supervillain

She just had a really good sunset slot on the mainstage of coachella. I wonder if she thought this would help her new song get better first day hits. Love her, and I know she's very motivated in her career so this song flopping is a blow to her, but she's already done so well. :clap3:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Assassin

• Raphy23

• Supervillain

• Totami Legend

Top Posters In This Topic

Some girls like Tinashe had their album shelved for years under RCA. Never performed in a major stage (VMAs, Grammys, AMAs, etc). Been called a flop for the entirety of their career. Been told to give up because no one was listening. 

And yet I don't recall Tinashe crying all over Twitter like this. :rip: 

My point is Bebe has it better than a lot of artists. She still has a big catalogue of hits, even if they're faceless for the most part. 

Complaining about having no budget is not the move especially when budget is not getting you a hit in this era of virality. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Assassin said:

She literally had to get lawyers involved to get credited on Hey Mama. That's honestly insane.

it's strange to me that she still has such a close relationship to David Guetta, like having him as a guest at coachella. yet I can tell their relationship has tensions. 

43 minutes ago, Assassin said:

she has no budget for that

• Haha 1

I get her frustration because she clearly works hard and she's had some decent moments of breakthrough, be that on collabs and songwriting or radio airplay, especially around Expectations era. But unfortunately nothing she has produced thus far has been interesting enough to catapult her to the mega-stardom I presume she thinks she deserves. I'm sure her label and the industry in general could have tried harder to make room for her and her era of pop girls to be bigger than they were, but the industry gave up on pop girls for a long time since the ones we had were doing well enough. Sabrina and Chappell have had their surge at the right time when the industry is looking to make room for new pop girls again.

Bebe seems like someone who runs to social media whenever she doesn't get her way. I'm sure the industry is full of creeps and awful things happening and is in desperate need of a MeToo movement. I doubt however that she's talking about that and is instead hinting to all the ways she's been wronged, which, you get wronged in every industry honey, and it is never solved by posting cryptic tweets about it

I wish her the best, but she seems way too undiplomatic to be in the music industry (and even with being that way she has come a long way)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

it's strange to me that she still has such a close relationship to David Guetta, like having him as a guest at coachella. yet I can tell their relationship has tensions. 

I don't care to check either of them

But if they have tensions, not surprised tbh. Back when I'm Good (Blue) was a hit I remember reading that they would release an album together . Then they had another track (One in a million) which flopped and the album was never heard of again. 

12 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

I bet it's a strictly professional relationship and mutually beneficial relationship. Some of her biggest hits are with him.

10 minutes ago, Assassin said:

I bet it's a strictly professional relationship and mutually beneficial relationship. Some of her biggest hits are with him.

she always invites him everywhere and when announcing him she calls him out for not crediting her, or stating their relationship started rocky. :rip:

She shouldn't sabotage herself with that imo

We all know how shitty the industry is

and probably most of the things she will say, are stuff that we already know or speculate

She isn't even that great of an artist to be giving herself that much importance

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

I Got You, Bebe!

• Haha 1

I think she had a very successful career. In this age of streaming there is room for pop girls to thrive. Not every pop girl needs to be a massive celebrity. If she isn't getting the money she deserves then she needs to go independent. If she wants  to be a this massive celebrity where the entire world knows her. She living in a dream because monoculture is dead and celebrity culture is dying.

Artist like charli xcx, Carley Rae Jepsen etc. imo are the new standard. Where you have a dedicated small fanbase that shows up too your shows and buys your music. The years of labels investing heavily on artist are long gone and if she is looking for that she will never get it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Click Clack said:

marketing? she has no budget for that. SHE'S FED UP.

YALL ARE SO UNSERIOUS :ahh:

• Thanks 1

she's obviously been frustrated for awhile and it's sad to see bc she is such a great pop writer BUT her biggest issue is that she still doesn't know what type of music she wants to make after 4 albums. she's still completely faceless to the GP bc she never carved an image for herself beyond a few 'oh yeah i know that song but not the artist' radio hits

she should take her time and focus on crafting a great cohesive pop record, at least she'd have the gays stanning again

Edited by Scandalous

At the same time she's annoying and have bad antics, the industry is always doing crap stuff on her so like, it's a very tricky and ****** up situation :skull:

I bet she doesn't have a green light for her next album anymore (that's sooooo Warner) and she will be probably stuck on her deal for a while since it's an old deal with like 5 to 7 albums tied to it. After all her debut was split into two EPs and since then she released 3 projects from little to no sucess so they must be worried rn especially on giving her a high budget. 

But hey at least she has plenty of hits under her belt so maybe it's time to take a small break and focus on building an loyal audience if she wants to stay navigating this industry as a mainstream artist. She has some examples on how this actually works - Dua, Charli, Carly, Tinashe - and how bad things can go if you just focus on "next single, next radio hit, next collab" instead of builing a legacy - Rita, Ava. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wehavetostan said:

Is this true? :deadbanana:

Yep it starts at 10:59

Edited by NastyAF
Added the timestamp
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

i feel bad asking for music video on single thread to distract how the song is, i didnt mean that sorry if you read your threads here :sailing:

I dislike when people "threaten" to expose or reveal something, either name and shame or stfu. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, girl, if you're flopping so hard and have no support go ahead and expose them. What ya got to lose @ this point? Maybe you'll even get some sympathy streams.

1 hour ago, Raphy23 said:

she always invites him everywhere and when announcing him she calls him out for not crediting her, or stating their relationship started rocky. :rip:

sounds like a toxic working relationship.

I truly don't know who this artist is. Is she mainly known for unreleased demos and other artists recording her songs? I Never heard her name before on US radio.

• Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.