Taylor goes viral for random X user never hearing a TTPD song

midnightdawn

7 minutes ago, Cooper said:

The issue with the 'only fans' thing is that it doesn't really mean anything when she's got various different streaming records. If it's fuelled by fans and fans alone it's because her fandom is bigger than any other artists fandom plus whatever GP is listening to them. It's a nothing argument. There are much more reasonable explanations to why there are no smash hits yet from the album.

As for OPs point, it's like people still live in the early 00s and not 2024. It's easy to avoid listening to anyone, it doesn't mean anything.

and nobody said anything about that? but then again this site, swifties included, was using the same argument to undermine bts' success during their charts domination era as if their fanbase wasn't huge as well, so what now?

but an album that couldn't go #1 because of TTPD having multiple album tracks charting in front of TTPD's most streamed song is a funny observation :smile:

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WildHeart

• dirrtydiana

• Windy Day

• Dear Reader

1 minute ago, Windy Day said:

and nobody said anything about that? but then again this site, swifties included, was using the same argument to undermine bts' success during their charts domination era as if their fanbase wasn't huge as well, so what now?

but an album that couldn't go #1 because of TTPD having multiple album tracks charting in front of TTPD's most streamed song is a funny observation :smile:

I don't know much about BTS, but you think it was a bad argument back then it certainly is even more so now as Taylor is much more popular. Bottom line is that it's an argument that doesn't hold any weight at this point. 

I'm not sure why that is an interesting observation. It was ahead on the singles chart where it was bigger. 

• Thanks 1

Because lbr Spotify numbers (or streaming in general) are either driven by fandoms, niches, autoplay (payola) or farms. 

Only few songs reach the GP. 

Edited by charot

5 hours ago, Feanor said:

Talking about taking stan goggles off, and then stating blatant lies like this. :rofl:

She hasn't put up any variants for sale in over a month and the album is still #1. Not to mention that that it has been the most streamed album in each of its (soon-to-be) 11 weeks at #1 so far and has been more Googled and read about on Wikipedia than any other album this year (khia metrics I know, but since people here love to give weight to Twitter likes too :rofl:).

It's the #1 most streamed, most looked up & most read about album of the year… if it didn't impact "culture", then all these other albums ATRL claims to have "captured the Zeitgeist!!" despite trailing behind 'TTPD' in every objective way sure as hell did not either.

oh you're goggles are fogging babe!! not hitting me with the Wikipedia facts anyone in her team can update regularly!! and these albums may look like they're trailing behind Taylor bc her fans can stream farm for weeks on end but trust this album has gone like a fart in the wind when it comes to CULTURAL impact!!! 1989 will always be that girl the tortured poet couldn't catch up with</3

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, knewbetterpt2 said:

oh you're goggles are fogging babe!! not hitting me with the Wikipedia facts anyone in her team can update regularly!!

What does her team updating a Wikipedia article (to which there's no evidence btw) have anything to do with the millions of clicks that page has received? Or the fact that 'TTPD' is more searched on the internet than any other 2024 album? Are you going to tell me that her team is behind that too? :laugh:

3 minutes ago, knewbetterpt2 said:

and these albums may look like they're trailing behind Taylor bc her fans can stream farm for weeks on end but trust this album has gone like a fart in the wind when it comes to CULTURAL impact!!! 1989 will always be that girl the tortured poet couldn't catch up with</3

Any evidence that it's only streaming farms keeping the album up? You speak of cultural impact, yet no album has caused as much discourse as 'TTPD' has based on various objective metrics of online engagement and consumption. So where is your counter proof to that? :laugh:

I'd say it's time for you to visit the eye doctor, cause foggy goggles aren't your only issue here. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Feanor said:

What does her team updating a Wikipedia article (to which there's no evidence btw) have anything to do with the millions of clicks that page has received? Or the fact that 'TTPD' is more searched on the internet than any other 2024 album? Are you going to tell me that her team is behind that too? :laugh:

Any evidence that it's only streaming farms keeping the album up? You speak of cultural impact, yet no album has caused as much discourse as 'TTPD' has based on various objective metrics of online engagement and consumption. So where is your counter proof to that? :laugh:

I'd say it's time for you to visit the eye doctor, cause foggy goggles aren't your only issue here. :laugh:

"obvious metrics of online engagement and consumption" ijbol, where'd you pull that from? and who told you it was the most searched album on the internet exactly? quickly 

That person has to be lying, there was no escaping TTPD during release week :deadbanana2:

I feel like the main reason why TTPD is this successful is not because of the actual body of work, but because it's a Taylor Swift album. She's at the height of her career: backed up by the insane number of Swifties who would literally die for her, is currently on the widely successful Eras Tour, and is a darling to the GP (so far) so she could release anything and people would absolutely eat it up no matter how good or bad the album is. Outside of the sales and record breaking achievements, TTPD just doesn't have that much of a cultural impact unlike let's say, 1989 which was a phenomenon. The only impactful thing I've heard about TTPD is the variants and greedy capitalism from Taylor.

• Like 1

And for the record I have two copies of TTPD and loved it upon release. I just think it's funny Swifties are going above and beyond to defend this body of work as her magnum opus:coffee:

1 minute ago, knewbetterpt2 said:

"obvious objective metrics of online engagement and consumption"

Clearly your goggles are foggy af. :laugh:

ijbol, where'd you pull that from?

Is Spotify not an objective metric of consumption? Billboard? Luminate? HDD? Official Charts?

'TTPD' is by far the best-selling and most-streamed album of the year according to ALL of these various chart companies who officially track what people are listening, streaming & buying.

and who told you it was the most searched album on the internet exactly? quickly 

A little known website called Google, which has a 90% share of all searches conducted on the internet. And this is what Google tells us about the search volume of various 2024 albums.  If we're going to put weight behind Twitter likes & vibes, we might as well use internet searches too. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Clearly your goggles are foggy af. :laugh:

Is Spotify not an objective metric of consumption? Billboard? Luminate? HDD? Official Charts?

'TTPD' is by far the best-selling and most-streamed album of the year according to ALL of these various chart companies who officially track what people are listening, streaming & buying.

A little known website called Google, which has a 90% share of all searches conducted on the internet. And this is what Google tells us about the search volume of various 2024 albums.  If we're going to put weight behind Twitter likes & vibes, we might as well use internet searches too. :laugh:

if these half made up stats make you feel better about the fact this album has had zero cultural impact outside of "huge streaming numbers and multiple weeks at #1" then that's fine with me.  if you wanna point me to a viral hit or something stable enough to hold in Spotify's top 20 daily (like the other girls albums are still doing) I'd appreciate it! 

2 minutes ago, knewbetterpt2 said:

zero cultural impact outside of "huge streaming numbers

2 minutes ago, knewbetterpt2 said:

something stable enough to hold in Spotify's top 20 daily

One second streams don't matter, the next they do. :laugh:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Feanor said:

One second streams don't matter, the next they do. :laugh:

there's a reason i put huge streaming numbers in quotations, go find a patch of grass spacer.png

Just now, Comedor said:

Not the Google Trends receipts. :ahh:

5 hours ago, Feanor said:

more Googled than any other album this year (khia metrics I know, but since people here love to give weight to Twitter likes too :rofl:).

If there can be a 9 page thread over Twitter likes, Google searches should then be taken "seriously" too, since people here refuse to accept the facts based on sales & streams.   :laugh:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Windy Day said:

and the OP is asking how TTPD has been the #1 album for months with 0 hit song in the era of streaming while other, more well known, albums have MULTIPLE songs charting higher than TTPD's biggest song. people are wondering why and i proposed that it's mainly due to fans and that the gp isn't consuming the album, which would explain why even the lead single is charting so low. can you read?

You are right, GP is streaming Benson Boone's and Hozier's albums (because they have bigger songs) and not TTPD which is fan driven. I wish Taylor had the GP support of Benson and Hozier

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

Edited by WildHeart
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, knewbetterpt2 said:

if you wanna point me to a viral hit or something stable enough to hold in Spotify's top 20 daily

Fortnight has spent 67 of its 75 days on Global Spotify in the Top 20, and in those other 8 days the lowest its ever gone is #24.  Seems pretty stable to me? I guess by this arbitrary metric, Texas Hold Em (67 out of 128 days top 20) and every other song this year except 20 or so that have spent as many days as Fortnight in the top 20 so far this year (all but 2 of which were released at least a month or more before Fortnight) are also flops?

Edited by penguintim
  • Like 1

I mean, her success is very clearly fanbase driven? I thought we all agreed on that? She sells too many pure sales for it to not be fanbase driven. Nobody from the GP is buying multiple copies of any album, Taylor's or any other. The GP at most buys a vinyl to add to their collection.

Fanbase driven =/= no GP involved. That's so obviously not the case lol. Taylor has gripped the attention of the GP since the start and she has casual listeners as well. I don't think anyone needs to say this either? You don't get as big as Taylor without having casual listeners.

There's also nothing wrong with being fanbase driven. Fanbase driven artists have longevity. I thought we also all agreed that it was a good thing to be fanbase driven. And Taylor's fanbase is the most massive one, so of course they're behind a huge part of her success.

People not having heard TTPD is just a testament to monoculture dying off. I've always said that I never went out of my way to listen to her and everything I'd heard from her was on the radio or just, passively listening to her. I have not heard anything from TTPD casually, this time around it was extremely easy to avoid, aside from Fortnight the first couple of weeks. She doesn't depend on the radio anymore, so she doesn't. I think that's a good thing for her. I don't see the drag. I do think a majority of her streams right now come from fans (casual or dedicated) because of her tour, which is making nostalgia and more casual fans stream her back catalog in a way they probably wouldn't otherwise. She obviously still has casual listeners, but I think a slight majority of her streams come from fans for that reason. If she ever stops touring and takes even a small break from releasing new material, then she'll go back to being mostly streamed by the GP in terms of her old hits (but then her monthly listeners will likely go down a little and she'll lose a little steam).

I feel like I just explained basic dynamics, but some of you act very dumb (from both sides) when it comes to this woman.

• Like 3

If I wasn't on ATRL/Stan Twitter and didn't listen to TTPD out of curiosity, I wouldn't have heard anything either. I don't listen to the radio or any curated playlists like TTH, and nothing from this album has been particularly impactful outside of streaming. 

Me and my boyfriend were just recently talking about her recent success, and how it's carried by her large fanbase. We live in the era where everyone is able to curate their own content and consume whatever they want. If Taylor isn't part of your core interests, you may have not heard her recent releases. I'm not sure why that's so hard for Swifties to believe. :michael:

Edited by OnikaSlays
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, WildHeart said:

You are right, GP is streaming Benson Boone's and Hozier's albums (because they have bigger songs) and not TTPD which is fan driven. I wish Taylor had the GP support of Benson and Hozier

Vg6P-ooN_400x400.jpg

stop crying and stay on topic, please!

5 hours ago, burninredhot said:

Girl with the amount of self copes that I've seen you post about Taylor on this forum I fear you just live off of OTH circle jerks like these

You can be a hater and also be honest at the same time, atleast your opinions would be respectable :zzz:

I couldn't care less if a bunch of forum members respected my opinion. It's also neither here nor there because I solely state facts.

And like i mentioned in my first post in the thread: the fact is not a dig at her as it has also happened to the likes of drake, bad bunny, most of the recent #1 songs, etc.

5 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

anti-hero and cruel summer were everywhere, bigger than most 1989 singles :rip: i think you're the one who needs to step outside

I am from the outside by default because I'm not a swiftie. The last time a swift single was "everywhere" was bad blood. Ironically I've been to the eras tour and the people don't usually know most of the songs. 

45 minutes ago, OnikaSlays said:

I'm not sure why that's so hard for Swifties to believe

Because they take everything personal and act like cult members and as if they were on her payroll. Also some of them are success and chart stans. They should seek help tbh

of course not all swifties are like this, some actually love her music and others have been there since debut

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.