Teenage Dream: first album with four No. 1 consecutive Diamond singles

Bends

A diamond album with 4 (soon to be 5) diamond singles. :clap3:

I wonder what is the closest diamond album with an achievement like this?

21 comes to my mind but it seems that RITD, SLY, and SFTTR haven't reached diamond status yet. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

A pop bible

It's too bad it belongs to Katy 

You won't be calling it a pop bible now if Katy did not wrote/record it :sistrens:

8 minutes ago, Reb'l Rêveur said:

You won't be calling it a pop bible now if Katy did not wrote/record it :sistrens:

She's a shell of her former self, its too bad 

8 hours ago, Bends said:

LFN: 8x Platinum (2018)

TOTGA: 5x Platinum (2022)

LFN is 6x Platinum. Probably eligible for 9x now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Støned said:

A diamond album with 4 (soon to be 5) diamond singles. :clap3:

I wonder what is the closest diamond album with an achievement like this?

21 comes to my mind but it seems that RITD, SLY, and SFTTR haven't reached diamond status yet. 

All three songs are diamond eligible but her label won't update :rip: 

Anyway, this is amazing and that was an era, she was inescapable, hit after hit :jonnycat:

Edited by UnusualBoy

The era was gigantic, so I'm not really shocked. Not to say these numbers are still unbelievable. Other pop stars can only dream of stats like these.

Congrats miss Katy :clap3:

isn't it the first album in history to have 4 diamond singles? "consecutive diamond #1 US hits" makes this big milestone sound like a remy ma achievement. 

13 hours ago, Bends said:

It seems to me that this is a solid and really great achievement. No one will deny that 4 number one hits from one album or 4 diamonds are far-fetched nonsense.

8 hours ago, Maneater said:

4 diamond singles is a made up achievement? :rip:

4 diamond singles from one album: unparalleled

4 #1s: huge

4 consecutive #1s: getting a little more obscure but huge

4 consecutive #1 diamond singles from a single album: now we're just making up awards to give out. The more specific these tweets and thread titles get the more arbitrary it becomes. Obviously TD was the biggest pop era of the 2010s with or without. :grill:

Edited by Sheep
  • Thanks 1

Hot N Cold is definitely diamond. It has 6 million digital and great streams on both YouTube and Spotify. More than ET

Last Friday Night being her most recurrent streamed song is crazy - it really won the battle and will be diamond soon to make it 5

4 hours ago, Sheep said:

4 diamond singles from one album: unparalleled

4 #1s: huge

4 consecutive #1s: getting a little more obscure but huge

4 consecutive #1 diamond singles from a single album: now we're just making up awards to give out. The more specific these tweets and thread titles get the more arbitrary it becomes. Obviously TD was the biggest pop era of the 2010s with or without. :grill:

I know y'all aren't trying to shade Katy because this extremely unique characteristic of her Diamond album spawning four Diamond singles which happened be released consecutively and also all happened to reach #1 makes it "sound" less impressive to you because you're simply not accustomed to processing this much slayage.

An achievement being easier to digest doesn't make it more universally impressive. Y'all are losing your goddamn minds with the mental gymnastics trying to discredit Katy.

She has all of these achievements simultaneously. Why settle for 4 Diamond hits when they can be consecutive #1s from a Diamond album too? Let me know when the other ATRL faves have done that. They can stick to buying GRAMMYs. That's a little more within their reach.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I know y'all aren't trying to shade Katy because this extremely unique characteristic of her Diamond album spawning four Diamond singles which happened be released consecutively and also all happened to reach #1 makes it "sound" less impressive to you because you're simply not accustomed to processing this much slayage.

An achievement being easier to digest doesn't make it more universally impressive. Y'all are losing your goddamn minds with the mental gymnastics trying to discredit Katy.

She has all of these achievements simultaneously. Why settle for 4 Diamond hits when they can be consecutive #1s from a Diamond album too? Let me know when the other ATRL faves have done that. They can stick to buying GRAMMYs. That's a little more within their reach.

I'm a day one cat? Do you want the Dropbox to my opening night play videos? :rip:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.