Teenage Dream: first album with four No. 1 consecutive Diamond singles

Bends

Teenage Dream is the first record in the history that contains:

1) four consecutive Diamond singles

2) four consecutive Diamond singles that went number-one in Billboard Hot 100.  

No. 1: California Gurls (Diamond)

No. 1: Teenage Dream (Diamond)

No. 1: Firework (Diamond)

No. 1: E.T. (Diamond)

Edited by Bends
  • Thanks 11

2 minutes ago, reymiu said:

What is the certification for TOTGA and LFN

LFN: 8x Platinum (2018)

TOTGA: 5x Platinum (2022)

• Like 1

Day one cat but this is one of those made up BTS Army achievements. They only undermine the gigantic success of TD by making us look desperate  :chick1:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

13 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Day one cat but this is one of those made up BTS Army achievements. They only undermine the gigantic success of TD by making us look desperate  :chick1:

It seems to me that this is a solid and really great achievement. No one will deny that 4 number one hits from one album or 4 diamonds are far-fetched nonsense.

• Like 7

Congrats to Katy Perry! 

A true testament that TD has stood the test of time. It may not have excellent pure sales, but thanks to its global songs, it's indeed a classic now. A defining era of 2010s whether we acknowledge it or not

• Like 6

I'm glad she's finally getting her flowers for TD a decade and a half later.

I joined this site during its reign and the ATRLosers of 2011/12 were such haters omg. Constantly undermining its success and impact, never letting her have that moment.

• Like 9

Still her best era to date

I miss this side and type of music from her. Kinda crazy she has devolved since, era after era

Edited by rhaenyra

I swear i dont understand this. The last time i heard ET. Was maybe in 2013, it didnt have a second wind or something either. But LFN and TOTGA are super viral and are so much behind :psyduck:

i didn't even see ET having an Unconditionally kind of viral moment. Kind of shocked tbh. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sheep said:

4 diamond singles is a made up achievement? :rip:

• Like 5

Quite simply nobody did it like Katy. :clap3: LFN is one of the strongest streamers from the album surprisingly, so it too will get there, increasing her record to 5 for both criteria, since as we all know that song too went #1. :clap3:

50 minutes ago, Funnyfatty said:

I swear i dont understand this. The last time i heard ET. Was maybe in 2013, it didnt have a second wind or something either. But LFN and TOTGA are super viral and are so much behind :psyduck:

i didn't even see ET having an Unconditionally kind of viral moment. Kind of shocked tbh. 

E.T. has been at 8M+ units since 2015. It's been almost a decade since it was last updated. While its recurrent stats are easily the worst of any of the TD singles, it is still decently popular enough to stream 1-2M units in a decade across its multiple versions.

LFN and TOTGA sold less digital singles than the big four during the digital era, meaning they have had a lot more ground to make up in the streaming era. Fortunately, and interestingly, they actually are two of the strongest streaming singles of the Teenage Dream era. Other songs like Wide Awake and Teenage Dream (song) have had viral TikTok boosts in the past year or so, but by and large LFN and TOTGA have flourished more than most of the big four on streaming sans Firework.

• Like 3

LFN & TOTGA coming :jonny6:

WA joining the league soon enough :jonny:

That brings POM as the sore loser hit single:jonny3:

2 hours ago, perfect blue said:

I'm glad she's finally getting her flowers for TD a decade and a half later.

I joined this site during its reign and the ATRLosers of 2011/12 were such haters omg. Constantly undermining its success and impact, never letting her have that moment.

Those same losers are still pressed af by Katy tbh, these past two weeks on this site after she announced her new song is the proof of that. I've never really understood how a popstar can elicit such visceral reactions and have such a dedicated army of naysayers at every step, but it's nice to see her get her flowers from time to time. 

26 minutes ago, Reb'l Rêveur said:

LFN & TOTGA coming :jonny6:

WA joining the league soon enough :jonny:

That brings POM as the sore loser hit single:jonny3:

It's funny how POM remains her only hotshot debut song on the hot 100 (roar would have done it too if it didn't debut early on radio), but now it's kinda falling behind other TD singles in recurrents lmao

but WA being resurrected in streaming after so many years makes me so happy :WAP: can it hurry up towards the Diamond status too please 

4 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Those same losers are still pressed af by Katy tbh, these past two weeks on this site after she announced her new song is the proof of that. I've never really understood how a popstar can elicit such visceral reactions and have such a dedicated army of naysayers at every step, but it's nice to see her get her flowers from time to time. 

yeah the L*ke drama hasn't helped but it was never entirely about that, just a convenient excuse. They have always extremely hateful toward her. Bitter and believing that she's been undeserving of her success since day one.

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.