Is Xtina a victim of her time?

leyaris11

Well, the late 90 and 2000 is the regime of popstars.

if Christina debut around Adele time in 2010 that would has changed everything?

Is she a victim of her time? 

Discuss.

tumblr_oxsvtiflJH1qahndoo1_r1_400.gif

• Thumbs Down 2

no, she left her mark and she is one of the most iconic singers of her time... she is a victim of herself and her team, she could've released more albums instead of long pauses and probably have bigger records...but Xtina is a woman about substance and that was her decision and she still manages to have a legacy, be respected and beloved by people !....not everybody is a white twink that only cares for superficial "musicianship".

• Like 3

No. She just took too long between releases. She should've released a second English album as a transition between her debut and Stripped in 2000 or Spring 2001. She also could've dropped a more of an r&b/pop record right after Stripped and B2B. 

By the time she was at Bionic it seemed like she was catching up to trends and not being at the cutting edge of it. 

Why would she need to debut in another decade when she already smashed with her 90s debut? She just didn't stand the test of time because both her voice and her personality are unpleasant.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

She's the aggressor of her time :gaycatina1:

43 minutes ago, Tropez said:

No. She just took too long between releases. She should've released a second English album as a transition between her debut and Stripped in 2000 or Spring 2001. She also could've dropped a more of an r&b/pop record right after Stripped and B2B. 

By the time she was at Bionic it seemed like she was catching up to trends and not being at the cutting edge of it. 

Highly disagree. Had she released another album as a transition to Stripped, the later wouldn't have been nearly as shocking as it was... and that was a huge factor for its success. Also, the gap between debut and Stripped wasn't that long since she released a lot of singles and promoted the hell of it and had a huge hit with Lady Marmalade.

Stripped > B2B and B2B > Bionic were the main issues. The industry changed drastically in these two scenarios while she was out living her life and I guess she got tired of working as hard as she did once she got her millions and a family. 

And as angry as I am with her changing her vision for Bionic last minute, she started to hint at an electronic album in 2007, so she wasn't exactly chasing after any trend.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, unino said:

no. but maybe we are her victim

:deadbanana::deadbanana::deadbanana::deadbanana::deadbanana::deadbanana::deadbanana::deadbanana::deadbanana::deadbanana:

OT: Christina is extremely successful

2 hours ago, Purple Land said:

Highly disagree. Had she released another album as a transition to Stripped, the later wouldn't have been nearly as shocking as it was... and that was a huge factor for its success. Also, the gap between debut and Stripped wasn't that long since she released a lot of singles and promoted the hell of it and had a huge hit with Lady Marmalade.

Stripped > B2B and B2B > Bionic were the main issues. The industry changed drastically in these two scenarios while she was out living her life and I guess she got tired of working as hard as she did once she got her millions and a family. 

And as angry as I am with her changing her vision for Bionic last minute, she started to hint at an electronic album in 2007, so she wasn't exactly chasing after any trend.

People forgot about her when she took too damn long between albums and changed too damn much. There wasn't a good transitional progression. She's not Sade where she can afford long breaks. Xtina took inspiration from Madonna in terms of reinventing oneself. You'll notice Madonna had a good consistent release time. From the 80s she had no year where she didn't have music out. You'll notice some of the biggest artists have consistently had music out one after the other then slow down as they become more established. Xtina didn't do this. By the end of 2007 the industry changed so much she was left behind. 

3 hours ago, Purple Land said:

As much as I hate her stans, I love Bionic and I think she was actually the one who's cutting-edge. She released an electronic hit in 2008 and hinted the change to this genre.

20 hours ago, Tropez said:

People forgot about her when she took too damn long between albums and changed too damn much. There wasn't a good transitional progression. She's not Sade where she can afford long breaks. Xtina took inspiration from Madonna in terms of reinventing oneself. You'll notice Madonna had a good consistent release time. From the 80s she had no year where she didn't have music out. You'll notice some of the biggest artists have consistently had music out one after the other then slow down as they become more established. Xtina didn't do this. By the end of 2007 the industry changed so much she was left behind. 

EXACTLY

most of the biggest artist do release CONSTANTLY and CONSISTENTLY with little to no breaks

Madonna

Mariah

Taylor Swift

Rihanna

and many much more

only Adele can afford to do 5 years break and get a #1 album and #1 song. if you're not Adele then you better release constantly. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.