Normani cancels BET Awards performance due to injury

Garbaj

Some of you have never performed or been on a stage and it shows...

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Asscatchem

• Bentley

• mrpartyrocker

• Garbaj

Top Posters In This Topic

what happened to the days where popgirls would perform with a foot brace and improvise something last minute just to NOT waste an opportunity to perform on tv....The whole concept of "the show must go on" is completely dead with this new gen and in some ways its a good thing but damn it also flushes opportunities like crazy. I get tv performances aren't that big a deal anymore but the uploaded videos go viral and help promote your projects which Normani DESPERATELY needs right now....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Margaux said:

she needs to buy some crystals. someone prob hex her or something :dancehall:

probably that racist ex band mate of hers:biblio:

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

what happened to the days where popgirls would perform with a foot brace and improvise something last minute just to NOT waste an opportunity to perform on tv....The whole concept of "the show must go on" is completely dead with this new gen and in some ways its a good thing but damn it also flushes opportunities like crazy. I get tv performances aren't that big a deal anymore but the uploaded videos go viral and help promote your projects which Normani DESPERATELY needs right now....

Well, this, older generations were insane. One time my fave Lara Fabian had an important performance four days after breaking her vertebrae... she went in and performed with a corset and under the effect of morphine :redface:

• Like 2

She's cursed I swear :deadbanana2:at least release the visuals to keep us interested 

Well, they could release the video then. 

At least Tinashe took her spot, here for it. 

2 minutes ago, BrokenMachine said:

Well, this, older generations were insane. One time my fave Lara Fabian had an important performance four days after breaking her vertebrae... she went in and performed with a corset and under the effect of morphine :redface:

WTF?!?! ok now that's on another level :rip: but also insanely commendable but also kinda crazy lol! I also randomly remember Jessi J singing on tv like a day after she broke her leg and was in a brace and wheelchair and did the damn thing lol. In fact I think she was in the middle of a promo run cuz I remember SEVERAL performances of hers with that brace :skull: It's just this newer batch who just cannot seem to push through and always use the "my doctor said"....the amount of times I've got to my doctor about something and he's said I'd have to take time off from work would have made me lose my damn job lol...sometimes you just have to push through (as sad as that is...)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

This somehow reminded me of Lorde performing on the 2017 VMAs  by just dancing around the stage. 

Crazy performance overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oh, there's no way she couldve performed sitting down because she was just supposed to be a part of the Usher tribute :dies:  no candy paint performance

Sheesh. I feel bad for her. Her career is just not ever going to take off like expected. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

59 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

EXACTLY what I was thinking. Boo f*cking hoo, take the air time and do whatever you can to promote your artistry. Normani's brand has been "poor her" from signing to release, it's boring and pathetic at this point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

I tried performing once with an injured knee and it hurt like hell, I wasn't even able to move properly. thank god it didn't affect me in the long run. 

it's not worth it, Normani should absolutely prioritize her health and body. 

• Like 1

Poor queen. :'( She is so talented, rest up, recover and come back and obliterate us queen.

• Like 1

She could have pulled a MJ or something and performed in a chair. I doubt the performance was gonna be all that anyways. 

Poor dat

spacer.png

Some people are just not meant to succeed in this industry. She could've made it work somehow. She needed this promo desperately. Make your own luck girl... damn.

3 hours ago, Doctor Dick said:

BUT why isn't she just doing a stripped down performance instead? She can sing and it's such a waste of good promo. 

ayumi hamasaki performed while injured, im not saying everyone should, but she was in some cage and cage was rotating and still did spectacular performance, im sure shes not the only one,. i agree with you, she could have done something, but she doesnt want to perform

She is cursed.

Either way, she could've just performed an acoustic version of whatever she was gonna sing or choose a ballad from her album but well, I hope she gets better soon.

1 hour ago, Asscatchem said:

oh, there's no way she couldve performed sitting down because she was just supposed to be a part of the Usher tribute :dies:  no candy paint performance

Oh that was it :rip:

anyone know what part of the usher tribute she was supposed to do? Maybe the Bad Girl performance instead of Victoria? I thought it was odd Victoria was back on stage after already performing.

Knowing Normani she would have danced off in this performance , now we would never know ...it would have saved the era :( 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.