Of a 40 hour work week, how many hours do you actually work?

naval23

40-45 in a regular week. 60-80 when I have to travel or have a particular event going on, which is maybe 6x a year. 

I work 10-15 hour days for half of every month get the other half off. I make decent money and also get the time off to enjoy it

around 5-10 hours a week at my old WFH job :rip: I miss that one

my new job, which i just started last week is kinda the same amount of work per week, around 10-15 hours maybe, but its not WFH so it feels like 5x my old job

Around 30-35 hours of actual work. I have ADHD so normally i can't focus for too long and i take several mental breaks during work hours to keep my sanity

Edited by SmashingMiley

In my current job like 45 but that's just Asia (and I have it easier as a foriegner). 

In my old job, I would do way less than my work hours especially wfh but it didn't need that much time tbh.

Edited by Robert

At this current job the work is around 35 hours per week, but I'm working like 2 hours max daily because there's nothing going on right now.

This would have been lovely if I wasn't scared this job might stagnate my career and I had younger co-workers to socialize with :rip:

5 hours ago, willmcclure9 said:

around 5-10 hours a week at my old WFH job :rip: I miss that one

my new job, which i just started last week is kinda the same amount of work per week, around 10-15 hours maybe, but its not WFH so it feels like 5x my old job

Oh gosh having little work to do and being in the office is brutal :rip:

Do you at least have a PC that is protected from other people seeing your screen so you can browse privately?

46-48 hours, generally, which is overkill. I hope something happens to where I'm just able to work 40 and keep my same pay, because this just isn't it. :chick2:

2 hours ago, katara said:

Oh gosh having little work to do and being in the office is brutal :rip:

Do you at least have a PC that is protected from other people seeing your screen so you can browse privately?

yes and my boss is chill but it kinda sucks i just hang around on atrl and my phone all day :rip: 

40 hours on the timesheet

only about 2-3 total hours of actual work

:ryan3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

really depends on the work load and what my boss sends me

Edited by makeme

About 20 hours a week, but unfortunately I work from the office, so I have to sit there the entire time (other than the 30-minute lunch break). I spend the rest of the time listening to music on my earphones and browsing the internet on my phone.

We're all together in one big office, which I hate, so I just put on my earphones to distance myself as much as I can.

Hmm maybe 30 during the 40 hour work week but Im a lawyer so I probably easily make up for it with the amount of work I put in outside the office

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.