Brandy's Afrodisiac turns 20 years old

crf13

Brandy's fourth studio album was released on June 28, 2004.

The album peaked at #3 in the U.S.

While Talk About Our Love peaked in the top 40 in the U.S., the song was a top 10 hit in the U.K. 

The album's second single, Who Is She 2 U, peaked in the top 90 on Billboard, while reaching the top 50 in the U.K. 

The album's third single/title track peaked at #11 in the U.K. The song was Brandy's initial choice for the album's lead single after the song, Black Pepper, produced by Timbaland was scrapped from the album. 

What are your top 5?

I'd have to say… 

Focus

I Tried
Should I Go

How I Feel

Afrodisiac

• Like 1

:clap3:

Top 5?

Say You Will

Afrodisiac

Should I Go

How I Feel

Who Is She 2 U

So underrated.  They chose the wrong single and it went downhill from there smh.  

Cant believe it's been 20 years…

Edited by professor2000
  • Like 2

Should I Go album hightlight :clap3:

an amazing time for r'n'b :clap3: I need to relisten soon!

Afrodisiac is that BOP :clap3:

Talk About Our Love is a terrific song. Not the best single choice but idg why it seems disliked among her fanbase. This album feels underrated even amongst her biggest fans too. Unpopular opinion, but Afrodisiac >>> Full Moon.

So underrated! 

The only thing I don't like about this era is how they pushed Brandy to be overly sexy and do choreography when that was never her thing. 

7 minutes ago, theweekend said:

who is she 2 u is a MEGA BOP

but how I feel is the star of this album. it's probably her best song of all time :jonny6:

nvm I forgot about slower and what about us?

This is so random, but the mix on the song "How I Feel" is immaculate.  The sound effects, the bg vocals…it all just meshes so well together.   

Especially love how it ends with the "yeaaaahhhhh" and it pans left to right.  And the guitar riff in the bg. 

:gaycat4:

Edited by professor2000
  • Like 1

Amazing record, a shame it came out just before Timbaland underwent a renaissance with Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake's albums a few years later. I wish they would put Nodding Off and Sirens on streaming as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.