France projected to go far-right in exit polls for first round

Gwendolyn

Edited by Gwendolyn
  • Thanks 2

I really don't understand how people can vote for far-right parties. It's happening everywhere. It makes me sick. On the other hand, it can't get any worse. The shift to the right has happened. I can't imagine it going any further to the right. Perhaps progressive forces will have more luck in the 2030s.

• Like 1

I'm surprised they weren't far right already

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Anthinos said:

I really don't understand how people can vote for far-right parties. It's happening everywhere. It makes me sick. On the other hand, it can't get any worse. The shift to the right has happened. I can't imagine it going any further to the right. Perhaps progressive forces will have more luck in the 2030s.

It's sad but they are adressing issues that are getting more and more important for many people and many countries have tried everything but far-right yet so the voters think it can't get worse. Far-right will eventually win one day, it's going to be chaos and people are going to realize it and regret it before going back to voting left or right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anthinos said:

On the other hand, it can't get any worse.

Oh, it can. It absolutely can. :dies:

OT: Milei turning Argentina into an ultra-capitalist state, Le Pen winning in France, Reform rising in the UK, Dems giving the US election to Trump... we are so screwed. :hoetenks:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Anthinos said:

They're not winning in the UK (though Starmer is trash), Denmark, Finland, Portugal, Spain and Sweden from what I've read. 

It's mainly France, Germany, Italy and Netherlands where they've gained a lot of ground, but it will swing back to the left eventually just like it did in Brazil and other countries. 

• Like 3

Really scared for the next 5 years or so... :dancehall3:

6 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

It's sad but they are adressing issues that are getting more and more important for many people and many countries have tried everything but far-right yet so the voters think it can't get worse. Far-right will eventually win one day, it's going to be chaos and people are going to realize it and regret it before going back to voting left or right.

If they can go back after it. Same for the US. These right wing people want to get rid of what makes democracy work. So no one should be surprised if they cling to power way past their time. 

3 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Oh, it can. It absolutely can. :dies:

OT: Milei turning Argentina into an ultra-capitalist state, Le Pen winning in France, Reform rising in the UK, Dems giving the US election to Trump... we are so screwed. :hoetenks:

Sis Reform have 0% chance at winning, they're just another UKIP snatching Tory voters :skull: 

• Like 2

But still they're never going to win at the second round, no?

It's always the same problem, the center helps the rise of the right, the left never goes all in because it needs to be moderate and if it goes in power becomes centerliberal. It's a ******* circle

As it always is with France, the first round election is misleading due to the center-left and left votes being split between different parties and the right wing vote being centralized for RN.

RN is strong, no doubt, but they'll likely lose again on the second round. 

Just now, CaptainMusic said:

Sis Reform have 0% chance at winning, they're just another UKIP snatching Tory voters :skull: 

I know they have zero chance of winning this election, but their rise is still scary. :deadbanana4:

RIP western civilization. Far right + commitment to white supremacy and genocides has won.

16 minutes ago, Anthinos said:

their reasoning is « oh but we haven't tried them so let's see, what do we have to lose » 

but most of them are racist and ignorant 

i'm so ashamed of this ******* country :skull:

They would need to be in coalition in order to gain power which they won't be able to do, so this win is useless

Hopefully Macron's party does the same (I doubt it)

16 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

RN is strong, no doubt, but they'll likely lose again on the second round. 

It might be different this time, because it's far left against far right. The media are convincing the people that the danger comes from the left, and many people agree with that. Macron voters will either not go to vote or vote Le Pen rather than vote for the left.

Edited by Bocanada

3 minutes ago, Bocanada said:

It might be different this time, because it's far left against far right. The media are convincing the people that the danger comes from the left, and many people agree with that. Macron voters will either not go to vote or vote Le Pen rather than vote for the left.

It's not the far left tho, it's left vs far right

1 minute ago, roso said:

Yeah but nowdays people from the center, the so called liberals are more right center so everything becomes far left

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roso said:

you're right but it's the way those scumbags from RN and even LR talks about them

they keep saying « far left » (even though it isn't), it's a fear-mongering tactic to antagonize them

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Anthinos said:

They are brainwashed. I have a "friend" who confesseded me that he voted for the far right party of my country due to immigration. I was shocked and disgusted.

Edited by Space Cowboy

18 minutes ago, roso said:

Absolutely everyone here considers Mélanchon far-left. He used to be more moderate but something jas really shifted with him in recent years. 

11 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Absolutely everyone here considers Mélanchon far-left. He used to be more moderate but something jas really shifted with him in recent years. 

I'm french too and no, not everyone does :rip: I'm not very fond of him but you can't equate that with the FN

23 minutes ago, Grizzo said:

you're right but it's the way those scumbags from RN and even LR talks about them

they keep saying « far left » (even though it isn't), it's a fear-mongering tactic to antagonize them

30 minutes ago, loliza said:

Yeah but nowdays people from the center, the so called liberals are more right center so everything becomes far left

I wish they'd stop, it's only beneficial to the FN

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.