Hurricane Beryl becomes the earliest Category 5 in history; threatens Caribbean

Element

• ATRL Moderator

UPDATE ON JULY 1ST:

• ATRL Moderator
  • The last time the Atlantic ocean had a major hurricane in June was 1966 (Hurricane Alma)
  • The previous record for the earliest category 4 storm was July 8th (Hurricane Dennis in 2005)
  • Like 1

I'm hoping that it changes course without causing any damage or injuries and that everyone in its current path is able to stay safe. And it is also very unfortunate that this is only going to become more and more common as time progresses. 

As a weather enthusiast I find it so fascinating and exciting. I grew in Jamaica where we had a lot of hurricanes. It does suck for the people affected, but I would hope that they are well prepared with how common hurricanes are in the area. 

Edited by JC.

I thought this was gonna become a category 2 at most, but category 4 is simply absurd. Worst thing is, this is just the first taste if what's to come :chick3:

Hurricanes (and tornadoes) are so fascinating and captivating to me tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pheromosa said:

i-

it was cat 1 yesterday :rip:

This. I was like... 4 already??? This rapid intensification thing is getting out of hand :deadbanana2:

I really hope people are taking the proper precautions and being proactive in preparing for the storm, including having evacuation plans—if they can. All it takes is one such hurricane to completely change someone's life.

it made landfall in da Lesser Antilles earlier today at 150 mph

praying for those in its path 

Jamaica better start gettin ready

• ATRL Moderator

this is absolutely insane... the previous record was Hurricane Emily (2005) on July 17th

I'm speechless, i swear this thing has a mind of its own

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.