Taylor vs Rihanna which life would you have?

Trent W

On 6/30/2024 at 5:34 PM, Badgalbriel said:

I don't get it, your entire existence here is degrading Taylor. Why would Rihanna not be allowed to be degraded as well? 

You can say whatever you want about her "talents" (even if it's ironic debating talent level with a Taylor Swift fan) but saying she didn't work hard and everything was handed to her because of her "pretty face" is a blatant lie when she spent years on a constant recording/performing/promoting cycle. And it's always against another highly successful Black female, interesting.

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 4

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Josh

• Devin

• Jay07

• lonnie

Top Posters In This Topic

def rihanna. she seems to be genuinely happy while taylor seems to be a prisioner of her demons and insecurities. that seems exhausting to keep up with. i pray for her soul.

• Like 3

RiRi ofc

I'd be an incredibly rich sexy godess + I could brag about having made Loud, Rated R and Unapologetic

I'm not particularly attracted to asap rocky, but I guess we just can't have it all 

I don't think I could ever handle TS's life

too much jack antonoff, too much touring, too much ye, too much kim k, not so much creativity and too many trashy fugly white boyfriends

respect to TS tho, for dealing w all this bs and still managing to maintain (at least a little bit of) her mental sanity

Edited by Petra von Kant

5 hours ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Taylor obviously works super hard but I think people are severely underestimating how fun it would be to be the biggest musical phenomenon since The Beatles. 

It's probably the reason she's able to work so hard. Performing the Eras Tour to 90,000 sobbing people night after night who know every lyric you've ever written, have traveled thousands of miles, spent thousands of dollars, and who literally sob with devotion? Sign me up for that, please lol

Not to mention that she'll finish her career as the most successful act in Billboard history. She has the acclaim, the success, the beauty, the power. 

I do think the kids thing would be a trade off. If I had Taylor's life I'd feel guilty having children because of the level of fame. 

The question of this topic is about "life", not "career"

22 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

The question of this topic is about "life", not "career"

I don't know what point you think you're proving here. All these things are part of her life.  

Rihanna

Rihanna doesn't need to work and she's not obsessed with charts. She's the kind of person that everyone will want to hang out with. She seems fun to be around and go partying with. She has a great body, beautiful face and seems fiesty, mischevious and very confident, good vibes all the time. 

• Like 1

Taylor of course! 

I can jumpstart my career with Daddy's connections. And use my white privilege to gaslight the world into believing I'm the second coming of Shakespeare with my diary entries. 

Edited by ImsoLOUD
  • Haha 2

Rihanna, and R9 would be released STAT.  

if I did pick Taylor though, I'd have her in her bangerz era STAT.  

On 6/30/2024 at 4:40 AM, Trent W said:

- One of the most beautiful woman in history

relative

but I would be Rihanna

Lol Some people convincing themselves Taylor doesn't have fun in her life. 

And moreover, "being prisoner of her demons and insecurities" as opposed to people who write things like that I assume? :laugh: 

- Extreme levels of white privilege

:laugh:

RIHANNA. Taylor's life seems empty and superficial. 

Rihanna. Her bank account is going to continue to flourish without the constant need of the limelight.

As a celebrity, I'm sure that is the biggest flex :clap3::clap3::clap3: 

Edited by king_queen

On 6/30/2024 at 11:08 AM, lonnie said:

What are you saying? Rihanna, unlike Taylor, never had her daddy buying stock in her label to ensure all the resources went to her. In fact, for years she funded her own music videos, tours, etc while Taylor got pretty much everything handed to her. You can't "degrade" Rihanna in that way, certainly not while stanning Taylor at least, Badgalbriel

ezgif-3-ee0ac30f43.gif

What are you saying? Taylor's father invested $10,000 in an independent start up label that she (Taylor) was the only artist signed to at the time. Y'all stay acting like he bought some big ass share in Capitol Records or some **** when it couldn't be further from the truth. :dies: 

It would be ridiculous to deny that Taylor didn't benefit from some privileges, but the idea that Taylor had her success handed to her is literally incorrect. 

After signing to Big Machine, Taylor, her parents, and Scott Borchetta worked from the ground up to push her; Taylor was a literal nobody when she signed her record deal. Scott Borchetta had previously been fired from his previous job at a record label; no one gaf about him and he had zero clout. They literally just went door to door handing out her sh*t in Nashville.

Again, not saying Taylor had it harder than anyone else, but the idea that she was just handed everything isn't correct, either. Taylor was privileged in that her parents were able to relocate and move to Nashville for her, but beyond that, she more than worked for it. 

• Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, 1989 said:

What are you saying? Taylor's father invested $10,000 in an independent start up label that she (Taylor) was the only artist signed to at the time. Y'all stay acting like he bought some big ass share in Capitol Records or some **** when it couldn't be further from the truth. :dies: 

It would be ridiculous to deny that Taylor didn't benefit from some privileges, but the idea that Taylor had her success handed to her is literally incorrect. 

After signing to Big Machine, Taylor, her parents, and Scott Borchetta worked from the ground up to push her; Taylor was a literal nobody when she signed her record deal. Scott Borchetta had previously been fired from his previous job at a record label; no one gaf about him and he had zero clout. They literally just went door to door handing out her sh*t in Nashville.

Again, not saying Taylor had it harder than anyone else, but the idea that she was just handed everything isn't correct, either. Taylor was privileged in that her parents were able to relocate and move to Nashville for her, but beyond that, she more than worked for it. 

First of all you're LYING and Scott owned 3% of the company when he made the investment and is thought to have put in at least $150,000 for his stock to have been valued in the millions by now. And not everyone's parents has 150K dollars laying around to invest in the record label their children get into, that's the literal definition of having things handed to you. It doesn't mean Taylor didn't work hard or doesn't work hard, she certainly is one of the most hard working musicians, but none of what she has achieved would have been possible without those privileges. To try and demean Rihanna's efforts as @Badgalbriel was doing while Taylor had all this privilege is nothing short of folly and delusion. And acting like your father owning stock in your record label has nothing to do with the resources and opportunities that would come your way is ridiculous. 

Let's see:

- Taylor's debut album had a total of six singles ALL of them having music videos to promote them.

- Taylor's debut era had her performing at big avenues like Good Morning America, America's Got Talent, various award shows.

- Taylor had a months long radio tour to promote her album

- Taylor Swift was already opening for major country artists like Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, George Strait and Faith Hill during her first era

Let alone all the seasoned writers and producers she was working with before she even released, or all the resources her parents poured into her in terms of songwriting lessons (which isn't a bad thing) from seasoned writers in the industry. She clearly had more than enough resources to launch her career. Rihanna's father wasn't some big shot finance guy working for Merrill Lynch who could throw money to labels to get her daughter's music career (not even going to go into the bleak conditions she grew up in), she didn't grow up on a 15 acre country house like Taylor and have supportive wealthy parents that moved to Nashville to help her with her country music, Rihanna was alone as a teenager in a foreign country with no support or the kind of resources Taylor had, she didn't have any televised appearances during her debut era to promote her music (despite having a #2 peaking song), while Taylor was getting 6 music videos to support her debut era Rihanna was literally fighting to get brands to finance her videos since her label didn't believe in her/financing it on her own. With all this in mind Taylor did have things handed to her compared to Rihanna. 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.