Olympic athlete goes viral for using Yu-Gi-Oh cards as good luck charms.

NOW

noah-lyles-just-pulled-out-a-blue-eyes-white-dragon-at-the-v0-u2jzyu6l488d1.jpeg?auto=webp&s=e6150bf6cd2e06b2582546b0635d67528ded0c61

Noah Lyles, who's evidently on his way to representing the US in the Paris Olympics later this year, is also apparently the Olympics preeminent Yu-Gi-Oh scholar. Before his recent heats (or races), Lyles has been flashing popular Yu-Gi-Oh cards to the cameras, including Blue-Eyes White Dragon and the head of Exodia, before tucking them back into his running suit. To top it all off, or perhaps to add insult to injury, he's been winning these races as well. Folks, I think we may have discovered the fastest geek alive.

https://kotaku.com/olympic-athlete-keeps-bringing-yu-gi-oh-cards-to-his-ra-1851566955

Edited by NOW
  • Like 2

sajddjjkdsajkds King (of Games) :clap3:

In the same interview where he flashed both the right and left arms of Exodia, Lyles claimed that "Now it's time to build the whole thing. I got the left and right arms, and I got the legs coming tomorrow." When the interviewer had zero clue what Lyles was telling him, he clarified, "All the Yu-Gi-Oh fans know. Something big is coming."

219329.gif

• Haha 11

He's kinda... fine :jonny5: 

Japan stays winning I swear

ezgif-3-ee0ac30f43.gif

• Like 2

It should've been Dark Magician Girl :redface:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cheers said:

He's kinda... fine :jonny5: 

Japan stays winning I swear

ezgif-3-ee0ac30f43.gif

kinda...girl? :clownny:

When he debuts a Toon World-esque theme to punch the competition out at the actual Olympics next month, then what?

tumblr_om89ujLq121rqp6teo8_250.gif

Now flash an Evil twins card so they get the support to end the overbloated snake-eye flops

anime-yu-gi-oh.gif

Edited by JO1s

11 minutes ago, Delirious said:

kinda...girl? :clownny:

Noah-Lyles-US-sprinter-celebrates-wins-60m-final-2024-World-Athletics-Indoor-Championships-Glasgow.jpg74189576007-eug-062324-usatf-trials-06.JPG?crop=4070,2291,x0,y480&width=660&height=371&format=pjpg&auto=webp

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

King is gonna get Gold for us gringos. 

5 minutes ago, JO1s said:

Now flash an Evil twins card so they get the support to end the overbloated snake-eye flops

anime-yu-gi-oh.gif

If he's sticking with just cards from the original anime, I'm gonna need him to payola Orichalcos. Maybe that will convince Konami to release the rest of the cards from that season.

tumblr_inline_osgv14x0YP1snz0dy_250.gif

• Haha 1

yas summon Exodia king!

the way he whips it out from a different location in the 2 videos :jonny5:

i just checked his instagram and he posted 30 minutes ago wearing a duel disk with all the Exodia cards :dies:

ezgif-3-ee0ac30f43.gif

51 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

the way he whips it out 

Show me to me please. Show it to me Rachel!

• Haha 3

Nnn KING :WAP:

We need an athlete to whip out the Animal Crossing amiibo cards next! 

I remember when I was a kid Yu-Gi-Oh! was in its heyday and only kids with money had those cards :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.