1. 1. Which is the biggest?

2. 2. Which is the most forgotten?

3. 3. Which is the best song?

The 2022 MPG 'comebacks' stand off!

Released May 2022

Released  June 2022

Released October 2022

all receive less than 200k streams daily on Spotify. Unsure of playlisting 

Break My Soul doing on par numbers to LMU daily despite it being Pride month kinda tells you what you need to know.

Lift Me Up wins

• Like 2

not HMH having the lowest peak but the highest daily streams :rip: i wonder what the playlist breakdown is there.

honestly none of them broke through and became memorable hits, but BMS just feels like it has made the most noise overall for some reason. it was also part of one of the most acclaimed projects of its year and of the decade, so that probably has something to do with it. the song alone received a huge amount of critical acclaim as well (whether or not it's considered a fan favorite). i can lowkey see it becoming a staple in her discography.

HMH ultimately came and went, but it seems like it will live on in the playlists of white Christian soccer moms to some capacity. i can't really think of a context in which LMU reliably lives on in the long run, but it did what it needed to do in its time. 

The 14 people who voted BMS as most forgotten are living in delulu land.

I didn't remember HMH until I saw the thread so definitely that one is most forgotten. 

BMS is the biggest and best. I like LMU but in the context of the movie ( if you watch the end of BP:WF and this song is playing and dont cry, you dont have a soul) not on its own.

HMH like all the singles from the Top Gun Soundtrack sound like a soulless cash grab ( yes OneRepublic too with that " I ain't worry" song...im not even googling the correct title cuz its bad)

• Thumbs Down 1

the way i forgot about that queefing intro on hold my hand :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

Hold My Hole the most streamed daily of the 3, clearly not the most forgotten based on facts and numbers which ultimately determine facts, not opinions. :giantgrin:

• Like 2

I voted for all three. I feel like "Lift Me Up" is the most forgotten; no one really talks about or references it. "BREAK MY SOUL" was probably the biggest, I'm not sure. I voted for "Hold My Hand" as being the best; that song still gives me chills whenever I hear it.

• Like 2

BMS for biggest and best. It fell off a cliff in terms of consumption but it was still a cute moment for Bey and is a solid house track. HMH and LMU can have a flop-off. :rip:

people saying "Lift Me Up" is more forgotten than "Hold MY Hand" :rip:

A #1 hit in Switzerland, a top 10 radio hit and year end top 50 airplay hit and #2 debut - delulu

• Thumbs Down 1

Daily streams Spotify + YouTube: 

Hold My Hand: 340k

Lift Me Up: 234k

Break My Soul: 180k

Overall streams: 

Hold My Hand: 572M

Lift Me Up: 536M

Break My Soul: 491M

:michael:

• Like 5

Just now, Almighty Gaga said:

Daily streams Spotify + YouTube: 

Hold My Hand: 340k

Lift Me Up: 234k

Break My Soul: 180k

Overall streams: 

Hold My Hand: 572M

Lift Me Up: 536M

Break My Soul: 491M

:michael:

I love all these girls down and think none of them are well represented by these songs but BMS having fewer streams daily AND overall than these two random soundtrack songs is so….:deadbanana2:

5 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

I love all these girls down and think none of them are well represented by these songs but BMS having fewer streams daily AND overall than these two random soundtrack songs is so….:deadbanana2:

Playlisting

3 hours ago, alejandreaux said:

not HMH having the lowest peak but the highest daily streams :rip: i wonder what the playlist breakdown is there.

honestly none of them broke through and became memorable hits, but BMS just feels like it has made the most noise overall for some reason. it was also part of one of the most acclaimed projects of its year and of the decade, so that probably has something to do with it. the song alone received a huge amount of critical acclaim as well (whether or not it's considered a fan favorite). i can lowkey see it becoming a staple in her discography.

HMH ultimately came and went, but it seems like it will live on in the playlists of white Christian soccer moms to some capacity. i can't really think of a context in which LMU reliably lives on in the long run, but it did what it needed to do in its time. 

It was the lead single to a full length studio album. It got all the best promo that it could while HMH was treated as a soundtrack single so it didn't even land a TTH placement upon its release. 

OT: BMS the biggest hit. HMH is the best song :bird:

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.