Kesha - "Joyride"

austinsuxx

I can't wait for the album :WAP:

It's super smart she hasn't announced the album yet (contrary to her previous eras). That really gives her a lot more flexibility and takes away the pressure of having to make the most out of a pre-planned rollout. A reverse Katy Perry experience.

I think she should give Joyride one final push with the Lollapalooza performance, then slowly start moving on to the next song and ideally announce the album shortly afterwards. 

Sadly, it doesn't look like radios are picking this up. Joyride was moving towards the Top 50 on pop radio and then started falling again (which really isn't surprising at all given how radio-unfriendly it is even with the radio edit), so slowly moving towards the next song makes the most sense. 

The good thing is that there is no need to rush things, but she also shouldn't wait too long to release the album to avoid contradicting the "Kesha summer" theme. Album release in September would be nice. 

What has me worried is that it's hard to judge how far things have been done. Her recent interview could be one of those typical Kesha moments of her teasing things way too early that aren't close to being released yet at all, though the professional nature of this rollout so far and the great job by her management has me hopeful that that's not the case.

I'm SO curious what album title she will choose and what the cover will look like.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TomTom

• Vixen Eyes

• AlbertoBouvier

• CroNich

9 minutes ago, TomTom said:

A reverse Katy Perry experience.

• Haha 3

This was literally me after the Kesha concert last year :ahh:

what an experience. I cannot wait to get VIP again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i had to walk down in some dark alley to catch a bus 50 miles back home

almost got ****** by two gas station workers 

okay anyways back to Joyride 

• Haha 5

I'm also wondering whether the next song will be in the same vein as Joyride musically or whether it's going to be something very different-sounding. 

I honestly don't know what I would prefer and what would be the smartest idea.

• Like 2

I don't think she's planning to release another song in August. I wish radio gave this a chance.

• Like 2

top 5 favorite tweets of all time and i scream whenever i come across it :bibliahh::bibliahh::bibliahh:

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, TomTom said:

I'm also wondering whether the next song will be in the same vein as Joyride musically or whether it's going to be something very different-sounding. 

Delusional sounds like a bop to mee hihih

idk if something like Cathedral would be worth pushing tho hmm 

• Like 2

need a Joyride edit of this

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

If she has another song ready to go like Joyride, that maybe is a bit less out there and a bit more radio friendly I think thats the way to go. 

• Like 4

Can't believe this never took off but then again she hasn't promoted it properly 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TomTom said:

im expecting another up tempo dance bop and also think that's the best choice. she tends to release singles that compliment each other and she clearly wants to give us more fun moments

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, TomTom said:

I can't wait for the album :WAP:

It's super smart she hasn't announced the album yet (contrary to her previous eras). That really gives her a lot more flexibility and takes away the pressure of having to make the most out of a pre-planned rollout. A reverse Katy Perry experience.

:ahh:

remember when the katykats were poking fun at JOYRIDE for 'not having a budget' and 'not making a splash'

funny how things work when you collaborate with a rapist 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Femininomenon said:

Can't believe this never took off but then again she hasn't promoted it properly 

I don't think she was aiming for it to without a proper music video?

It seems like an honest to god true buzz single (unlike other songs that get delegated to that status after flopping)

• Like 3

So, there won't be a proper MV?

She should release another song in the same vein as Joyride, i can't imagine her releasing a ballad (please dont'!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do anyone know what is the Lolla afterparty? Like, if she gonna perform again, play music and DJ, hang out with fans? What is it?

I have a feeling she's gonna play a snippet of a new song, or probably perform Freedom in full length. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SmittenCake said:

need a Joyride edit of this

i love their videos lol

1 hour ago, SmittenCake said:

Nothing personal, but if you'd really care about SSA & human rights then why do you support presidential candidates who openly approved or allowed the mass slaughter of thousands of innocent babies, children and women? standing up for a popstars while fangirling over impactful politicians who have proven to not care about the the continuing massmurder of innocents.

Its great to support your fave or a specific case BUT where's your voice when we're talking about mass slaughter?

I genuinely feel like many people who are influenced by media and slightly empathetic but were turned into programmed  emptyheaded people who subconsciously only care about the things their media channels convinced them to believe..

FE: 

"DR LUKE is evil and disgusting, our POC Kamala queen of color. She's got humor and personality so how dare you to criticize her for allowing the massmurder of thousands of innocent humans?' IRONIC.

This is the world upside down. :ace:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I don't get the rush to move on from Joyride? Obviously we're anxious for what's next but I feel like the song only has room to grow. It's not like it's averaging 200k/daily. :michael:

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

I don't get the rush to move on from Joyride? Obviously we're anxious for what's next but I feel like the song only has room to grow. It's not like it's averaging 200k/daily. :michael:

Well, in theory that's correct, but having no airplay (and seemingly no proper video) only gets you so far.

It's obviously still a very stable song all things considered (despite seemingly having peaked based on the Spotify numbers), but she'd really have to commit to strongly push this if it's supposed to further grow.

Given that we haven't really seen much in that regard since release, I'm not sure if pushing this further is her goal. 

If it is, I'm more than happy, but it doesn't really look like it to me.

• Like 3

Okay but could we still at least get a proper extended version and maybe some remixes? Maybe she will drop something to align with Lolla idk…

I just hope they are a bit more prepared for the second single, I'm sure they will be given the unsurprising success of Joyride. I agree it's nice she hasn't announced the album yet. I think it's smart to draw out the album rollout as long as possible these days. Hopefully we get 2-3 more official singles before the album drops. 

• Like 2

She seems to be pushing Lolla a lot so let's see if that leverages the song at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, katysuxx said:

Nothing personal, but if you'd really care about SSA & human rights then why do you support presidential candidates who openly approved or allowed the mass slaughter of thousands of innocent babies, children and women? standing up for a popstars while fangirling over impactful politicians who have proven to not care about the the continuing massmurder of innocents.

Its great to support your fave or a specific case BUT where's your voice when we're talking about mass slaughter?

I genuinely feel like many people who are influenced by media and slightly empathetic but were turned into programmed  emptyheaded people who subconsciously only care about the things their media channels convinced them to believe..

FE: 

"DR LUKE is evil and disgusting, our POC Kamala queen of color. She's got humor and personality so how dare you to criticize her for allowing the massmurder of thousands of innocent humans?' IRONIC.

This is the world upside down. :ace:

Bringing up a genocide in the Middle East to make Kesha fans look bad. I've officially seen it all in ATRL :rip:

Stream Joyride and make it purr.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

what are the chances of this entering the hot 100? :suburban:

3 hours ago, Luckitty said:

what are the chances of this entering the hot 100? :suburban:

None if it doesn't get played on the radio

Edited by keshasfillers
  • Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.