Camila Cabello racist past goes mega-viral after comments in defence of Drake

KatyPrismSpirit

6 minutes ago, Paultea said:

If it's not true why hasn't there been a community note added??? I feel like I've seen context notes for a lot less.

I think Camila has a small Twitter fandom so they can't do much about it, even the "racial healing" sessions thing was twisted by haters to make her look bad, I recently discovered they were therapy sessions for victims of racism and xenophobia and not like a rehab for raging racists :rip:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dirrtydiana

• El Nino

• WaterDiamonds

• Onyxmage

Top Posters In This Topic

For everyone saying it's fake, Camila literally apologized for it, and Normani talks about it being real and how it took her years to acknowledge it. Why would she be ashamed of something that's fake? :rip:

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/GMA/Culture/normani-camila-cabello-years-acknowledge-racist-attacks/story?id=69288044

Edited by Tidal
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Black Twitter will bring it up everytime she is mentioned :rip: At this point you will have to ignore it.

• Confused 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

Black Twitter will bring it up everytime she is mentioned :rip: At this point you will have to ignore it.

What does it have to do with black Twitter? Most of these are regular non black-centric pop accounts bringing this up. Don't do it. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 305 said:

The way that person literally made that up and people just fell for it no questions asked. People really are that dumb

That's social media bandwagon culture for you. Will parrot anything without double-checking as long as it fits their perception of something/someone.

The person could have just shared some screenshots of the real racist content Camila reposted on her Tumblr account, or share a screenshot of her apology admitting she used racist language in the past.

But this is just unnecessary. As far as I'm aware, this is the alleged leaked DM with Camila and one of her friends using racial slurs to refer to her bandmates, which is already gross enough on its own.

(apologies for the potato quality. Refer to the second exchange)

tumblr_inline_ot26hxj1gb1u6pbdc_500.jpg

Edited by Moonlight Nation
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cesar said:

wasn't that comment fake and made up by a OCH who ended up passing away recently

(genuinely asking)

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

That comment was proven FAKE numerous times. Normani's stan admitted to photoshopping it. :zzz:

1 hour ago, Pinter said:

That comment was proven to be fake :rip:

This literal lie to defend Camila Cabello's racist past. Screaming 

even if that full quote is "fake," she still called her the n-word in DMs

Edited by suburbannature
  • Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 1

38 minutes ago, Paultea said:

If it's not true why hasn't there been a community note added??? I feel like I've seen context notes for a lot less.

I'm part of the community notes and it's being voted on, will most likely go through because the tweet is a blatant lie.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, 305 said:

I'm part of the community notes and it's being voted on, will most likely go through because the tweet is a blatant lie.

Hence why Twitter is a fake news cesspool, biased stans like you in control of fact checking 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

What does it have to do with black Twitter? Most of these are regular non black-centric pop accounts bringing this up. Don't do it. 

I am black myself and am on Black Twitter. A lot of people still don't like her on our side predominantly. I'm not saying it's only that side of Twitter that brings the allegations up but whenever I wanted to discuss her music, I get dragged for it :rip: Also I recognise the account in the OP because I follow her :deadbanana2:

Edited by Gwendolyn

5 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Hence why Twitter is a fake news cesspool, biased stans like you in control of fact checking 

The tweet is a lie that went viral which is the entire point of community notes. Not my fault that your fried stan brain can't think logically. How ironic to call out fake news and fact checking while supporting that very thing :dies:

1 hour ago, Burn said:

I don't think Camila paid Drake in cash, if you know what I mean. :fan:

Help :ahh: 

The hate for this girl is so unhealthy 

That comment was proven fake.

The energy should be re-directed towards people who make those edits 

Those fake comments are very sick

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WaterDiamonds said:

The way people truly believe this stuff without doing any research amazes me, social media does indeed cause brain damage bc all the chick did was repost shitpost on Tumblr when she was like 15.

Isn't that how old she was when she met Normani? Yikes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Burn said:

I don't think Camila paid Drake in cash, if you know what I mean. :fan:

Really weird comment to make. Is this allowed on ATRL?  :pukey:

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, Tidal said:

For everyone saying it's fake, Camila literally apologized for it, and Normani talks about it being real and how it took her years to acknowledge it. Why would she be ashamed of something that's fake? :rip:

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/GMA/Culture/normani-camila-cabello-years-acknowledge-racist-attacks/story?id=69288044

She apologized for the posts on her tumblr, which were real but unrelated to her relationship with Normani. 

What was altered were the Facebook DMs (she was never Camila on Facebook, as that is not even her real name and her original account under Karla has never been deactivated) - those were proven to be made by a now deceased 5H stan. She owned up to it herself a few years back on Twitter. 

Not an excuse by any means obviously, but some clarification of what exactly she was apologizing for.

If someone is going to dislike her for those reposts, they have every right to do so. However to dog on her for messages that were never real is just hating to hate. And people should just say that instead if that's the case. 

• Thanks 1

okay but if people are going to keep bringing this up, despite it being proven to be fake (the phrase that user is using is even fake :rip:), can they actually support Normani's career? 

yall don't think it's insulting to normani to constantly keep bringing this up every time either one of these women do something but when normani releases the whole ass album you've been harassing her to release while her parents had cancer and instead of streaming it you let it bomb into oblivion and then pretend again that you care about her and her feelings :deadbanana2: 

Edited by BussC,XOXO
  • Like 2

She apologized for racist comments, no? So what do you all mean it isn't real? The point is that she is a racist. See, this is the problem I have with whites and non-black POC. They love to gloss over racism because I'm sure they've said the n-word and other anti-black remarks. Racism is an unforgiveable defense. What's crazy is if someone called the lot of you who are gay all types of f-words, you wouldn't be so easy to forgive. Real funny how we can't see compassion for others when our heads aren't on the block. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I don't like her but if it's true that those comments were proven fake then it I think it's repulsive people can get away with passing on that info and making them viral with all the consequences it can have. 

1 hour ago, Tidal said:

can yall actually read this and practice some sort of reading comprehension. for years yall keep acting like this was some omission of guilt and confirms what she said about Normani but this is about Camila's fans and normani stans cosplaying as camila stans (several were exposed for doing so!) being disgustingly racist towards normani. neither of these women acknowledged those facebook messages and for the 100000000th time they were proven to be fake and the person that faked them said they faked them.

the tumblr is the only thing that's real.

Edited by BussC,XOXO
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

that tweet having over 200k now and still no community note

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Moonlight Nation said:

That's social media bandwagon culture for you. Will parrot anything without double-checking as long as it fits their perception of something/someone.

The person could have just shared some screenshots of the real racist content Camila reposted on her Tumblr account, or share a screenshot of her apology admitting she used racist language in the past.

But this is just unnecessary. As far as I'm aware, this is the alleged leaked DM with Camila and one of her friends using racial slurs to refer to her bandmates, which is already gross enough on its own.

(apologies for the potato quality. Refer to the second exchange)

tumblr_inline_ot26hxj1gb1u6pbdc_500.jpg

Those are false too, they were made by the ex admin of a 5H fan account (@/raresof5H).

Camila's Facebook username back in the day was Karla Cabello.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.