1. 1. Biggest Era

• forever your girl
    • mariah self titled
    • rhythm nation 1814
  2. 2. Best singles

• forever your girl
    • mariah self titled
    • rhythm nation

They were 3 of the biggest female eras around the late 80s and early 90s, they have 4 #1 singles from each album and spent many weeks on BB200 #1!!!

I'm going for Rhythm Nation. It had such variety in sounds among the singles, yet each of them was greatly executed.

Forever Your Girl was the biggest era globally I think and also had a very strong set of singles, that nearly matches the level of RN1814. The only meh one is the title track.

Mariah Carey, although a very strong album, has the least distinct set of singles imo. Something like Prisoner, Sent From Up Above or You Need Me would've been a better single that I Don't Wanna Cry and especially There's Got To Be A Way. But again, it's not a bad album at all.

As an era, few can compete with Rhythm Nation, the album, its singles and the record setting tour.

Edited by robbyds

• ATRL Moderator

I’ll have to give it to Janet, just because that era was not only massive but lasted for years. The fact that she could have had an eighth top ten hit and held back so as not to break her brother’s record says a lot.

Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation 1814 is a master class album and overall project.

janet sweetie 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.