France saw a rise in all types of racism in 2023, report says

Gwendolyn

BY THE NUMBERS

- Reports of antisemitic and anti-Muslim acts increased by 284% and 29% respectively, while other types of racist acts increased by 21%.

- 51% of survey respondents from the general population don't feel at home in France anymore, compared to 43% of French citizens in 2022, which the report authors link to a rejection of immigration. This sentiment rises to 91% among RN supporters.

- 43% of French residents surveyed think that insecurity is mainly due to immigration, compared to 83% of RN supporters.

- 69% do not support the RN's "national preference" idea that French people should be favoured for jobs, benefits and housing over foreigners.

https://www.france24.com/en/france/20240627-france-saw-a-rise-in-all-types-of-racism-in-2023-report-says

Edited by Gwendolyn
Edited over concern about DMCA.

Bardella and his party RN, who is running to be French PM and is in the lead, is a RACIST PARTY. Which history ties to NEO-NAZIS. He has called for the removal of dual citizenship for people who hold passports to Non-European countries, will refuse high positions of people with dual nationalities, wants to flat-out ban the hijab in 2027, and has voted down numerous LGBT and women's rights bills. He is a danger to minorities in France.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Went to Paris recently with a friend and it was horrible to experience people acknowledging me and not my friend and even restaurant waiters on multiple times spoke to and only made eye contact with me

9 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Went to Paris recently with a friend and it was horrible to experience people acknowledging me and not my friend and even restaurant waiters on multiple times spoke to and only made eye contact with me

:gaycat2:Turkey would never

but the europeans of ATRL, told me that racism & ignorance doesn't exist in europe

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Cesar said:

but the europeans of ATRL, told me that racism & ignorance doesn't exist in europe

Oh Europeans love acknowledging that (some types of) racism exists if they can try and attribute it somehow solely to brown migrants.

Edited by Communion

I can't help but to get a bad feeling in my stomach thinking about how the situation will be in 10 years from now :skull: 

I have mixed views on the matter, sadly intolerance is the general consensus in many nations and mostly due to unregulated migration and lack of culture assimilation, which was caused by first world countries shenanigans in the first place. My IG reels became a cesspool of racism and intolerance after I liked a "pickpocket!!11" reel  and I couldn't believe the amount of shameless hate and racism I was seeing :deadbanana2:

Edited by Alongoria13

20 minutes ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

I can't help but to get a bad feeling in my stomach thinking about how the situation will be in 10 years from now :skull: 

Very scared for my future in Europe, hopefully, I will make enough in a few years to move to America permanently. America isn't the greatest but as a black women, I feel I will be more protected there compared to Europe which seems to start being out for blood soon.

It's true. Since Macron's defeat two weeks ago, racist acts have become more and more numerous, and there's no end in sight. 

1 hour ago, Cesar said:

Europeans are global champions in acting smug and think they're above everyone else. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saintlor said:

tbf parisian waiters are just assholes in general, to locals and tourists alike :rip:

Unfortunately it's not only racism, but literally every kind of hatred is rising here, encouraged by the vast majority of the media controlled by a far-right billionaire. Since the European elections on June 9 and Macron fast-forwarding new national elections, they feel totally liberated by the potential victory of Le Pen's party. And I'm very affraid Macron will indirectly give them the win because of his massive ego.

5 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

Very scared for my future in Europe, hopefully, I will make enough in a few years to move to America permanently. America isn't the greatest but as a black women, I feel I will be more protected there compared to Europe which seems to start being out for blood soon.

:rip:

5 hours ago, Gwendolyn said:

All the best for you. Don't know how you're living there. As racist as the U.S is, its not worse than Europe. So glad I declined a so called "euro trip" with my friends a while back. They romantacized that place and I told them you're all ethnic and living in a bubble you won't be welcomed. They had the worst time there and were declined and kicked out of restaurants. Citizens were spitting at them as they walked. France was the worst for them and they headed back cutting the trip way short. 

31 minutes ago, TouchinFree said:

All the best for you. Don't know how you're living there. As racist as the U.S is, it's not worse than Europe. So glad I declined a so called "euro trip" with my friends a while back. They romantacized that place and I told them you're all ethnic and living in a bubble you won't be welcomed. They had the worst time there and were declined and kicked out of restaurants. Citizens were spitting at them as they walked. France was the worst for them and they headed back cutting the trip way short. 

What did your friends do to get someone in Europe to spit on them? I have lived in Spain for almost 10 years and I myself am an immigrant and I have been close to some psychopaths here and there around Europe and no one has ever spit on me.

As if I could understand that they have to deal with some strange psychopaths who are like 1 in 5000 people in the place I live, so that means that they could spend their entire vacations without seeing one, and if they are wearing hijab, they could have some uncomfortable situations, just like how Europeans would feel in an Islamic country if they do something different to their culture, but for them to be kicked out of the restaurant and  someone to spit on them, I'm sorry, but there has to be something very strange about this story. I'm not complementing Europeans, just like any other race, there are good and bad people everywhere, but to make them Europeans spit on you, it's like making the snow fall on the dessert.

And no United States isn't better neither for blacks, nor for muslims nor for gays.

Edited by A.R.L

8 hours ago, Cesar said:

Europe is the pits at the moment :rip:

Far-right parties are on the rise, no country is really safe. An Italian news outlet has just exposed many members of the current prime minister's party glorifying Fascism and Nazism :skull:

We're doomed.

1 hour ago, A.R.L said:

What did your friends do to get someone in Europe to spit on them? I have lived in Spain for almost 10 years and I myself am an immigrant and I have been close to some psychopaths here and there around Europe and no one has ever spit on me.

As if I could understand that they have to deal with some strange psychopaths who are like 1 in 5000 people in the place I live, so that means that they could spend their entire vacations without seeing one, and if they are wearing hijab, they could have some uncomfortable situations, just like how Europeans would feel in an Islamic country if they do something different to their culture, but for them to be kicked out of the restaurant and  someone to spit on them, I'm sorry, but there has to be something very strange about this story. I'm not complementing Europeans, just like any other race, there are good and bad people everywhere, but to make them Europeans spit on you, it's like making the snow fall on the dessert.

And no United States isn't better neither for blacks, nor for muslims nor for gays.

The only thing they did wrong was be ethnic and exist. And no they weren't wearing a religious attire except for one Muslim girl. When they were kicked out they only asked the POC to leave and said the white people can stay. That happened in France. Other experiences were in prodimenantly white countires too. The only good experience they had was actually in Spain. But I guess that's a given since it is more open and tolerable towards ethnicities.

When they were spat on they were simply walking down in Paris alley ways and were told to " go back to their countries" a French girl stopped to interpret that for them and kept laughing. They cut their very long vacation to 2 weeks. 

This shouldn't be really a surprise to you. It isn't wrong to say a place you're from is racist ( a continent or a country). Just go online and see for yourself how all POC had terrible experiences collectively. 

Overall it isn't an attack from me. Not at all. French and most white European countries want to "preserve" their culture and rid of ethnic people. That's their choice and their land. Europeans have never been shy to express this :michael: it's just funny to me that most ethnic people romanticise France so much for example only to comeback and wish they'd never spent a penny. Africa is so beautiful, The Americas, The U.S is quite friendly and Asia is beautiful. So much great options to choose. 

France was literally the worst country I've visited. Dirty ass streets and dirty ass morals beneath a veneer of glamour. 

I'm honestly not surprised

Interested in knowing what they are considering "antisemitic" because at this point that term has been used to describe people criticizing Israel or saying "Free Palestine"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.