San Francisco Mayor London Breed announces city will prosecute homelessness

jakeisphat

46 minutes ago, on the line said:

there's no solving homelessness when so many people refuse services. i'm definitely liberal but living surrounded by this mess is the one thing that makes me conservative. something needs to be done bc what's happening now since covid is not sustainable or livable for anyone.

There's people refusing free or affordable dignified private housing? 

11 minutes ago, Communion said:

There's people refusing free or affordable dignified private housing? 

YES, absolutely. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, on the line said:

YES, absolutely. 

I mean, there's no evidence for this claim. Can you cite what cities are offering to house homeless people for free in living conditions that are both private and dignified yet are reporting a huge refusal rate?

Edited by Communion
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Communion said:

I mean, there's no evidence for this claim. Can you cite what cities are offering to house homeless people for free in living conditions that are both private and dignified yet are reporting a huge refusal rate?

I live here. My own conversations with people who work in social services as well as my local houseless. I don't really care what your opinion is if you don't live here though. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, on the line said:

I live here. My own conversations with people who work in social services as well as my local houseless. I don't really care what your opinion is if you don't live here though. 

I'm not sure you understand what you're arguing. The problem is quite literally that the affluent residents of San Francisco are criminalizing homelessness and feigning themselves as victim to some claimed barbarism of homeless people they describe as barely human. 

"My lived experiences" - your lived experienced as a housed person arguing for the imprisonment of the homeless and poor? Huh?

What is your yearly income? What industry do you work in? Surely that information would also be relevant if you're under the impression - and trying to make the claim - that affordable private and dignified housing is available for anyone who wants it in San Francisco.

So any homeless person can be given a one bedroom apartment to help them get off the street with no hassle?

Edited by Communion

3 hours ago, Communion said:

"It's reasonable to make people's choices be institutionalization for struggling with drug addiction or prison" :rip:

Genuinely curious the motivations of someone to pretend to be some liberal centrist after being permabanned for their far-right views. :deadbanana4:

Continually perplexed by users stripping their profile of demographic information (despite a decade of posts sharing said demographics like race, age, ethnicity, nationality, etc.) to try to appear as something else to those who don't know better.

It really has nothing to do with you not being American but this trend of users being like "Oh? Right-wing Dems are criminalizing homelessness? Good, we need to keep our streets clean even if the loony left don't like it :clap3:" and it's like.. OUR STREETS? Limburg isn't a US city? :deadbanana4:

I was never perma-banned, and I don't hold far-right views either! :coffee2:

Surely you're not going to suggest that me advocating for free room & board for the underprivileged is a far-right view? :swim2:

Camping on the streets is already illegal in the Netherlands, and homeless people are treated much more dignified here. 

So I'm glad to see SF take a step in the right direction.  :heart: 

Looking forward to your essay of a response lambasting me for things I didn't say. Don't expect a response though, I've fed the troll enough for today. :marshmallow:

2 minutes ago, beautiful player said:

So I'm glad to see SF take a step in the right direction.  :heart: 

Genuinely disturbing way to describe criminalizing the existence of homeless people. :rip:

7 hours ago, beautiful player said:

Difficult but necessary step. Though, some users in this thread should take a closer look at the content of the OP. Not all homeless people are being sent to jail, instead penalties are imposed for individuals refusing shelter and assistance. Seems fair to me. :giraffe:

Yeah . . . I think the people "outraged" by this have never actually visited San Francisco/Seattle/Portland recently. You can't have people pissing/shitting/shooting up in the streets in broad daylight and act like it's normal. The majority of these people aren't homeless due to poverty; it's mostly untreated mental illness compounded by MORE people shipped in by ******* MAGA mayors in shithole states like Florida and Texas. Jailing homelessness is inhumane, but so is the status quo in these cities where these people are just left to their own devices. Bleh . . . it's difficult.

• Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.