Hybrid stans that you don't understand

Burn

3 minutes ago, Wonbin said:

I can't imagine Kesha releasing something like Coconuts :rip: 

I mean Kesha has unreleased songs like Boys Boys Boys or whatever it's called from back in the days. It's similarly silly and campy.

Most people outside stan culture are going to listen to what they want to listen to as long as the music is enjoyable to their taste. I love Gaga, Rihanna, Beyonce, Xtina, Britney, Katy Perry, and I'm glad I was able to enjoy all of their pop releases without stan drama influencing me. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Isn't there a Britney/Hole stan here or something? :dies:

I wouldn't be surprised :dies: But hey that's the beauty of music. I listen to PJ Harvey but some days I just want to turn off my brain and listen to mind-numbing pop music  :suburban:

39 minutes ago, itshyolee said:

Believe it or not, I came across a Cupcakke and Enya hybrid stan once:suburban:

Now you can add a +1 to that list!

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Wonbin said:

I can't imagine Kesha releasing something like Coconuts :rip: 

However, I imagine Kesha releasing something like Future Starts Now :gaycat5:

Well, I love all Pop stars so? :gaycatina1:

What's the opposite of this phenomenon? Because I don't understand how anyone can stan female rap and not appreciate Nicki Minaj - even her opps recognise. :swing:

200.webp?cid=6c09b952ppnmuxrxhfcahnfkk9o

1 hour ago, shyboi said:

lorde and lana tbh

the critic GIF by Priya

I was about to say this:suburban:

also the recent amount of katy x dr luke stans is insane 

56 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

Isn't there a Britney/Hole stan here or something? :dies:

Britney would literally eat on Celebrity skin, you just don't have the vision :gaycat4:

1 hour ago, Burn said:

It's fairly obvious why. If one of my faves had made racist remarks about fellow bandmates, and condoned fans doing the same - even if Normani and Camila do now act cordial to each other, I'm not sure I would be so forgiving.

1 hour ago, Wonbin said:

Were you there when this happened?

@Post Malone @ccfan007 @vinicius

I don't like to talk about this because I feel like whatever I say it will sound like I'm defending her or diminishing the cause and I feel like people get defensive and don't want to hear because they already made their mind about her and this situation. And that's fine.

But I'll say that those screenshots of Camila talking bad things about Normani and also her band mates is fake and it's already been proven. Camila acknowledged and apologized for her Tumblr retweets, which were problematic af, yes. But she never called Normani those names.

Camila never condoned her fans to attack Normani. In fact, she silently blocked a lot of fans that were attacking her and there's also proof. People say that it took her a long time to tweet something publicly about that but I think a lot was happening backstage in the dynamic of the group and I think she was immature, probably hurt by some things that were happening between then and let her ego get in the way. And that's part of being human and also a young adult, like anybody else. But she did anyway. 

And also the "racial healing sessions" thing is not about converting a racist person into a normal human, because that is what people assume it is. It's not even called "racial healing". If only people use Google for the good, they would know what she was doing.

Sorry for the essay, but the real problem is: people hate Camila for a million reasons and that's a real thing before all that **** even happened. What I think it's really problematic is using an important cause as an excuse to justify the reasons why they don't like her. They don't care about the cause and you know why? Because there's a bunch of artists who did and do a lot of real problematic things and they don't get 1% of the hate that Camila gets for something she retweet in her Tumblr account when she was 15.

Edited by vinicius
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, shyboi said:

you aren't a fan of either then, you just like music in general, you can't serve two masters 

Interesting

ezgif-4-53b4c8c37e.thumb.gif.4aac5e1bab4

The fact that not everyone is a hybrid stan. Like?

If I stan someone, and am seen discussing in a community space/forum/thread that is about someone else who is considered their "rival" or "nemesis" or the fandoms just hate each other — it's not my problem. Maybe I'm a stan of one and just a "fan" of the other. Or maybe I'm just a fan of both of them, fan enough to keep a tab on the two artists, listen to their music, communicate with others from their fanbase; but not into caring much about feuds or disputes or stan wars.

Or I just like certain things/qualities from each of the two artists and their fanbases.

And I also never participate in stan wars or lashing out on, or dragging other artists so I do feel like I kind of emulate being a hybrid fan. Like most of the people say, stan-ship or standom/fandom is supposed to be fun and not something that overtakes one mentally to go to extreme measures.

Just my thoughts. Ofc no problem with anyone who is interested in stan wars or wants to participate. After all, each one of these things forms part of the whole stan world, doesn't it?

:heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.