In hindsight, how do you view Miley's "Dead Petz" album & era?

AbeHicks

It was a unique era all about artistic self-expression, given away for free, and it did not even count towards her albums in her contract with her label. She just did it because she wanted to, which still wasn't repeated by anyone else.

What do you think about it all these years later?

Unironically her best album. She served creativity and personality unlike her other releases post-Hannah Montana. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I thought it was incredible then and think it's even better now! People have been sleeping on Miley from day one, so I didn't really care what people said about it back then. But don't try to tell me half of those tracks wouldn't have EXPLODED if they had been on Endless Summer Vacation.

• Like 4

Unironically ahead of its time for certain people! 

• Like 1

I never really warmed up to it and I tried multiple times. I respect Miley for doing it though. 

• Like 1

It was an amazing album with a messy, yet fun era. Also the album, as divisive as it is, was absolutely necessary for her to get it out of her system, I feel. 

It's also funny how it very well could've ruined her entire career, and it would have done so for a lot of other girls if they went on to do something similar right after their commercial peak, but it didn't for Miley in the long run and everything turned out right for her at the end. Truly a testament to her power :giraffe:

Edited by FlyOnTheWall
  • Like 2

It's not for me but I will always fake for the queen :gaycat6: So I love it actually, yes

• Haha 2

Might not be my favourite work of hers, that would go to Plastic Hearts, but I do like a bunch of songs in it, and I respect Miley for her artistic integrity and going for something that may not be commercially successful

• Thanks 1

A very creepy,chaotic,ethereal,strange and highly experimental era :gaycat2: honestly not my fave but i appreciate how she tried something unique
I think the album is a good reflection of miley personality and weirdest most bizarre sides of her mind
From all the Ex-acts she's really the most inventive one :giraffe:we really underlook miley artistry

Edited by AvadaKedavra
  • Like 3

Literally SOOOOOOOOO good with just a few fillers, she was on her Tame Impala x Lana Del Rey bag on this album :jonny2: a masterpiece

• Like 1

It has some weird songs but it also has some really really good songs!!!

It was very underrated.  Karen Don't Be Sad is still such a good song, and BB talk was good too but the music video should've never seen the light of day.  I hated the visuals for this era lol 

• Like 1

I've always loved it. No other pop girl could do something like this. And as someone who has dabbled in drugs, I really feel where she's coming from creatively. :celestial4:

There's probably a rainbow

But I don't care

'Cause all the colors left with you 

Honestly it's a pretty solid effort even if bloated and lyrics are a bit of a mess.

1 Sun should have been the lead and the smash hit of the album. DO IT was such a bad song to lead with.

Space Bootz

BB Talk

Bang Me Box 

I Forgive Yiew

Cyrus Skies 

1 Sun

Are all stellar tracks. 

I loved it back in 2015 and I still love it now.  I genuinely think this is Miley's best album to date. I'm a sucker for female artists who experiment with their sound and test the limits of what pop music can actually be.   Mama went ham on this one, and no album she's released since has excited me nearly as much.  Some of my fave tracks are: I Get So Scared, Evil Is But A Shadow, Karen Don't Be Sad, Space Bootz, Slab of Butter, and Tiger Dreams.

• Like 1

It's actually one of my favorite albums of all time 

• Like 1

It's a cool album bc it is genuinely life changing when I'm high but when I'm sober it's pretty meh. But honestly no matter what anyone has to say about the album it's interesting and that is the highest compliment I can give any piece of art

• Like 1

So ahead of its time. Gen Z will love it if it ever goes viral.

Never understood the hate this got :rip:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.